• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine and ADD/ADHD

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hey all.

About a month ago I got a prescription for Dextroamphetamine (brandname "Dexedrine in the US) to give me some relief from my ADHD symptoms. Iv tried Methylphenidate before with too many side effects.

Well, it turned out to be much better than expected for me. Even helps with my depression.

Now im trying to find out my optimum dose and when to dose it.

My doctor started out with a plan of me taking 5 mg at 7:00 AM the first week. Second week would add another 5 mg around 11 AM.
Third week would be 5 mg at 7:00 AM, 5 mg at 11:00 AM and finaly 5 mg at 3:00 PM which would be the way to do it unless I wasent satisfied with the results.

I dident follow the plan as I knew it would mean a crash long before bedtime (I get up at 7:AM and sleep around 11:00 PM) so I worked backwards meaning the first week was 5 mg at 3 PM and second week was 5 mg at 11 AM and 3 PM.

After the second week I started to experiment to find out how to get the best effect, from the lowest dose, over the longest duration of time, with the least side effects. So far Iv found that the following ways was able to "pass the test".

5 mg at 11 AM + 5 mg at 3 PM
5 mg at 11 AM + 7,5 mg at 3 PM
5 or 7,5 mg at 3 PM

Now the time has come to add a moring dose. I actually dident expect to do this as taking Methylphenidat from the moring and then redosing to keep effect all day worked out terrible for me in the past but I really like this stuff so im going to give it a shot. The thing im really concerned about is that around 5-6 PM I will start to feel very "spaced out" like what happend on Methylphenidate then dosed this way. I quess its because the first 2 doses had already worn off yet the 3 was still active so it became this wierd feeling drug for a few hours followed by a crash.
When im dosing Dex like mentioned above I dont really get a crash, the positive effects just become less noticable over time as well as a decrease in motivation, which is to expect with Amphetamines. The good effects, however, is from like, 11:20 AM-8:30 PM at just 10-12,5 mg :)

So why am I telling you this? Well, I want advice on how to go about this.
Shoud I start out with a small dose and when increase the dosage size? like 2,5 + 5 + 7,5 mg
Or the other way around? (7,5 + 5 + 2,5 ,for those who are completly out of their mind right now - I salute you btw)
Based on the information Iv given so far, would you think that I should use larger doses than this in order to keep the effect as desired from morning and pretty much the rest of the day? (like 5 + 7,5 + 10 mg)

Im not sure if the following is relevant but better safe than sorry right?

Male, early 20s
Sensitive to CNS stimulants, both on the positive and negative side.
No intend to take Dex under recreational circumstances
On 350 mg Magnesium oxide a day (Extended realease at bed time, will switch to chelate soon)
Takes breaks from time to time in order to keep tolerance down so that I dont have to increase dose over time (like 1-2 days of every week)

Other things I should know about Dex?
Links to information?
How do you dose your Dex?

Last edited by a moderator:
I take 30 mg's a day, basically 5 mg every couple of hours and shut off at 4 PM. I have noticed no tolerance except for the mood lift and side effects have gone away. The focus and concentration are as strong as day one and I haven't needed breaks (been taking it almost a year now). Discuss with your doctor as ADD med's like these are different for everyone and you only know by experimenting.

Always use the minimum dose of amphetamines that works for you. Increasing your dose needlessly is a great way to end up building a tolerance and ending up in a spiral of endless dose increases.

If possible, try to limit yourself to two doses a day rather than three.

the guys above me couldnt have said it better.

I used to take 5-10mg 2x a day and that was with much stimulant tolerance. but the thing with Dex is, it's so damn clean (especially in low doses) theres no point in trying to get high with it, it just work! but it does have some mood lift also. It's honestly just the best stimulant there is, be glad you've got it as it's become a rarity to score a dexedrine prescription.

the only thing I'd say is close to is would be low dose 2-fma, and sometimes even better because I can eat easier on 2-fma. (and for HR purposes, im suggesting stick to your dex, its safer, 2-fma is an RC)

I never understood the peevers and twackers, isnt the point of stimulants to stay focused, and clean feeling with no comedown?
anyways, respect the dex. =D