• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tolerant but not addicted?

Lakesfl

Greenlighter
So from what I see on other threads on the forum people believe the idea of a "weekend warrior" or "chipper" is a myth. I have been an opiate user for several years and have yet to find myself totally dependent. Am I the only one? Also how is that with once a week use my tolerance still increases but still don't have any noticeable withdrawal symptoms. The worst I get is what u would call an opiate hangover where I am very tired.Right now I'm up to being able to take 80mg of oxycodone and still do more through out the day. My second question if I'm not the only one who is tolerant but not dependent, will my tolerance keep going higher even tho I don't use everyday and what do you think will become of me in the future?

So from what I see on other threads on the forum people believe the idea of a "weekend warrior" or "chipper" is a myth. I have been an opiate user for several years and have yet to find myself totally dependent. Am I the only one? Also how is that with once a week use my tolerance still increases but still don't have any noticeable withdrawal symptoms. The worst I get is what u would call an opiate hangover where I am very tired.Right now I'm up to being able to take 80mg of oxycodone and still do more through out the day. My second question if I'm not the only one who is tolerant but not dependent, will my tolerance keep going higher even tho I don't use everyday and what do you think will become of me in the future?

Almost everyone who is an opioid addict (at least from my experience) was in your position for a long period of time before slowly going into full-blown daily use and addiction. Just gotta wait for the straw that breaks the camel's back.

using oxy and feeling tired is likely the start of withdrawals, that is a WD symptom that is very noticeable with oxy.

not saying youre full out hooked, but your body is likely starting the process. there are levels of addiction, it isnt black and white. and 80mg is getting close to danger.

everyone is different, and im not saying for sure you are heading down a bad path, but its very likely. start using less often, prove me wrong. take it down to twice a month.(or less, less would be good)

as said above, every hardcore junkie was once where you are, but not 100% of people in your situation turn into hardcore junkies, just most

Yes, tolerance can increase without being dependent. You don't have to be addicted to a drug to have a tolerance as I'm sure you have experienced OP.