• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool big Sherm haven't heard of those. I think the suboxone films are the best for snorting

How do you snort the films? Do you make a solution with them and put them in one of those saline nose drops bottle, or use a milliliter droper?

Nope I cut up an 8mg strip into .25mg pieces - which are really small maybe 2-3mm squared. I just snort one a nostril, and let it dissolve up there, seems to work great; doesn't clog my nose. Ive tried using a dropper before and I didn't notice a difference in effectiveness so I just go the simple route. Higher doses or lower dose strips might not work as well this way.

Last edited:
How do you snort the films? Do you make a solution with them and put them in one of those saline nose drops bottle, or use a milliliter droper?

Most people I know prepare them into a solution and draw them up into a syringe then squirt it up the nose.

hello everybody,

I am new to bluelight and this is my first post so please be easy on me and let me know if I have made any mistakes.

I began using oxy 30's (about 1 a day) intravenously about 7 months ago and I got sick of it in about a month and tried to quit cold turkey. I became immediately sick after the perks wore off and my friend suggested suboxone. I didnt know anything about it but he has been shooting the stuff for years so I figured I would try it out. BAD IDEA FOR ME, I've been stuck on it ever since. I turned a not so serious oxy addiction into a serious sub addiction/dependency. I tried quitting about a month after starting suboxone injection and I noticed withdrawals somewhere between 12-24 hours after my last dose, which was pretty low by the way. I was only taking tiny crumbs, equivalent to about .25mgs every 24 hours. (I tapered using ROBERT_325'S method) I think the strips I was using have a higher bioavailabilty when injected so that may be the reason I was experiencing such strong withdrawals after such short-term use. ANYWAYS, I made it to day 4 when I decided i couldnt take it anymore. The worst of my symptoms was the chronic fatigue. I was feeling extremely tired and unmotivated. It got the point that i couldnt even get my mind off it at school when i was in class. I love college so it should have been easy for me to direct my attention elsewhere, but i just couldn't. The second worst WD symptom was my psychological attitude. I would spend alot of time in the bath, crying, praying for this to end. I'm a grown man, and a bit of a tough guy, so this is way out of character for me. My anxiety levels where through the fuckin roof and i just couldnt believe it could be this bad after just a month on this shit. I found some suboxone an decided to relieve my body from torment for the next few months.

Well, here I am again. A few months down the road and I want to get these things THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE!!!! I am considering trying to switch to using the stips sub-lingually instead of intravenously. I think i will have to use more than i am currently using to feel the same effects. (I am currently taking 1mg in morning and 1mg at night). Do you bluelighters think that withdrawal symptoms will last longer if i eat them because they take longer to leave my neurological system that way? or am i making my withdrawal symptoms worse from injecting the shit?

PS. I have seen so many posts about people saying you will get sick from injecting suboxone but they are definitly wrong the only time i got sick from it is when i injected just 6 hours after Heroin use. I Dont care what science tells you, or what any doctor has told you, its just not true and please dont tell me it is true unless you have experienced it yourself.

Thanks for reading,

Trapp_king

Homeless -> Other Drugs (Suboxone Megathread)

I just picked up my script at walgreens, and I got a new brand of subutex called Hi-Tech. I absolutely love them, they are the size of a roxy, making them much easier to snort and bang. I feel like more gets absorbed nasally because there is literally 1/10 the amount of powder from the roxanne ones, and they barely burn at all. Has anyone else been getting these? They have an arrow on one side and an 8 on the other. I will definitely be sticking to these over the roxanne, but still want to try the Teva ones. Anyone have any experience with the Teva brand of subutex vs. Roxanne or Hi-tech?

I've been getting the Hi-Tech brand subutex from Walgreens for over a year now and they seem to be the most effective generic that I've tried, and may others have raved about them in previous mega threads as well. My only complaint is now that I'm tapering, the small size makes it psychologically more difficult to cut down, since it's such a tiny amount of powder anyway.

Before I was getting the HTs regularly, it was a gamble as to which brand I would get, usually the Tevas or Roxanne's though (round & oblong), but no matter what, I *always* seem to feel a difference when switching from one generic brand of subutex to another. At that time I couldn't pinpoint any brand to be better or worse, just that there was a very definite "different" feeling when going between brands.

I've been getting the Hi-Tech brand subutex from Walgreens for over a year now and they seem to be the most effective generic that I've tried, and may others have raved about them in previous mega threads as well. My only complaint is now that I'm tapering, the small size makes it psychologically more difficult to cut down, since it's such a tiny amount of powder anyway.

Before I was getting the HTs regularly, it was a gamble as to which brand I would get, usually the Tevas or Roxanne's though (round & oblong), but no matter what, I *always* seem to feel a difference when switching from one generic brand of subutex to another. At that time I couldn't pinpoint any brand to be better or worse, just that there was a very definite "different" feeling when going between brands.

I have also found this to be true. The roxannes made me much more sedated than the Hi-Techs, and would have me nodding out on an 8mg tablet. But the Hi-techs seem give me a little more energy, and the mood lift is about the same. While I did enjoy the nod from the roxannes, having to snort a huge pile of powder, even from just a quarter of one, was pretty painful and messed up my sinuses pretty good. They also took over 30 minutes to completely dissolve under my tougne, which is pretty annoying. I feel more normal with the Hi-Techs, and not getting the huge buzz I got from the roxannes kinda helps me in my recovery, since the point of them is to maintain you, not give you a buzz.

I found myself kinda fiending when I had the roxannes, but now I just feel content taking my regular dose. I get 60 of them a month, and I am trying to save like 10 from each script to have a safety-stash as I call it, so when I get off the bupe I still have some laying around in case I decide to dabble with opiates again, which I hope I don't but statisitcs show that I most likely will, So I want to be prepared for when that day comes, and not have run around looking for dope when I'm sick and having to drop out of school and loosing jobs because I just don't show up or can't perform. I am also collecting some from all the different brands (Roxanne, Teva, and Hi-Tech) becase I just like collecting weird shit like that lol. I would also be able to really see if any of them affect me differently by waiting for a few months after I quit bupe and take one of each to see which one really works the best, or maybe they will all feel the same.

that will be interesting to try them after you've been off for a while, you'll have to report back with that experience for sure. wish I had the foresight to save some of the other brands that I haven't seen in a while. My doctor purposely over-scripts subs, pretty much no matter what dose I've told him I was at over the last 5 years he never changed the script (8mg 2x/day), and I'd have a *huge* stockpile by now if it weren't for "helping" out a certain friend of mine month after month after month... now that I'm really trying to taper though it's getting to the point where having my own stash for backup is becoming more important to me than any other, uh, incentives that may be offered for my extras.

The majority of people don't notice any real difference from the dosage change until they get down to 2-4mg's and below. Then you can start to feel it. However like I said, the change in effects from super high doses like 16 or 24 mg's to 8mg's, the change from 8mg's to 4 mg's, etc, is usually pretty unnoticeable.

When I went from 28 to 14mg, it was just the length that changed. Now I'm down to 10mg, and same thing, sort of. For the first two weeks of 14 -> 12mg, it was pretty painful, but then something clicked and it held me the entire 24 hours again. Same thing from 12 -> 10mg.

When it comes time (in a couple of months, hopefully) to jump off entirely, depending on how low my taper gets, if I find going from 4 -> 2mg is too painful, I'll just suck it up, go up north with my Dad, lock myself in my room in (literally) the middle of nowhere and suck it up for a few weeks.

Quick question, I've seen a number of people post about snorting it. I've not tried it (though I have IV'd it before, now that was really stupid. Only made that mistake once), and was curious as to how people do it. Above my post here a guy says he just sticks up the tiny thing there...

Now, I was thinking dissolving my daily into a nasal spray bottle (the little saline ones), 10mg for [x]mL, and using that. Does that work? Administer through the day when I need to, etc. Sometimes I find if I'm careful about how I take it sublingually, and make sure it _all_ dissolves and is absorbed, I can still feel it. It's nice, like a long-acting, medium dose of Codeine. It's warm, fuzzy, and I don't mind it at all :) I wanted to know if taking it nasally will make that effect be more pronounced/happen more often without me keeping spit/sub film in my mouth for nearly an hour.

Tripper I only felt that affect once from suboxone when i made sure to separate the solid bit from the spit in my mouth - doing that with tongue is hard but i was at train st n suddenly had lots of energy like wheni i was on codeine.... Hang on i'd done a cwe the night before with codeine n bupe is meant to block it so what was going on???

I too want that feeling every godamn day. Please someone tell me how to make it happen? I want to get seriously high!!!!!

I've had my 8mg suboxone for today - if i have another 8 mg now instead of tomorrow with some white rum - will it rock my world???????????

Last edited:
That's the exact technique I used. I keep the film against the membranes in the bottom of my mouth using the underside of my tongue as much as humanly possible. I'm quite good at it after over a year of practice. I also keep it in until it's literally _all_ dissolved. If I spit it out and there is any orange left in, then I'm in W/D's 6-12hrs before I'm supposed to be.

Captain checking in. I need help.

Day 1 of no bupe (I had Two separate test 1 days and oh god - the horror)... I have the best feeling about this day but ...

I still really really want nothing more than to slam some bupe

I don't really have any other IV friendly drugs

Did DXM both second and third rest days (meaning yesterday was actually day 1 and I am still fucked up from 600mg + withdrawal) - will have to wait longer to reutiliZe this.

No benzos other than a small "emergency only" stash - want to avoid using benzos

Antihistamines aren't so abundant

I am drinking all the liquor I can find AND I HATE ALCOHOL

Today is the first day I don't feel like self harming without bupe (don't ask)

My blood pressure is scary high. I got no BP meds. Go Captain.

Part of me has been wondering if I could even feel a $10 bag of tar (part of me thinks no LOL)

I know this hell will leave me eventually but holy WTF

Exercise and sex/fapping seem IMPOSSIBLE due to the dysphoria

...and you all remember how long I was on it .... But holy fuck sake ... I was around 0.3 mg per day via three 0.1 or four 0.075 mg injections

What did I do wrong ? Why don't dealers also sell suboxone god damn it? If anyone is thinking "oh so unlucky Captain", you're right.

So on the inside I am like "plz bupe, no." Which is technically the same as "plz μ-opioid receptors and κ-opioid receptors; no."

But please someone what else can I do?

Captain thought if utilizing tramadol or maybe kratom? Stick w/ it bro when your receptors are regulated and your endorphins are naturally pumping you'll be glad you did

Captain hibiscus tea lowers bp, I always drink it while in wd or when taking stims.

Day 1 of no bupe (I had Two separate test 1 days and oh god - the horror)... I have the best feeling about this day but ...

Did DXM both second and third rest days (meaning yesterday was actually day 1 and I am still fucked up from 600mg + withdrawal) - will have to wait longer to reutiliZe this.

No benzos other than a small "emergency only" stash - want to avoid using benzos

Part of me has been wondering if I could even feel a $10 bag of tar (part of me thinks no LOL)

...and you all remember how long I was on it .... But holy fuck sake ... I was around 0.3 mg per day via three 0.1 or four 0.075 mg injections

What did I do wrong ? Why don't dealers also sell suboxone god damn it? If anyone is thinking "oh so unlucky Captain", you're right.

So on the inside I am like "plz bupe, no." Which is technically the same as "plz μ-opioid receptors and κ-opioid receptors; no."

The withdrawals are bad, huh? Honestly man, there's not much you can do. You did everything right.. weened down to smaller doses, etc.. this was just an inevitable thing you were going to have to deal with. Are you totally out of suboxone or are you just trying not to give in and use again?

You said your BP is high. How high?

How long were you on bupe? And are the withdrawals really that bad from such a small dose?

It makes me really worry about getting off bupe. I have been on a rather high dose for 2 months (8mg/day the first month and 16mg/ a day the second month). I really hope that a very slow taper to an extremely low dose, such as .15-.3mg, will help me avoid the worst of withdrawals.

I have heard mixed things about withdrawal from bupe users. I know someone who was on it for years and did a very long and slow taper and jumped off at .5mg, and really had no major withdrawal symptoms. But I have heard from many others that the withdrawal can be hellish, almost like methadone, from only being on it for a few months, even at a low dose. I think I am only going to stay on it for another couple months, it really isn't doing too much for me anymore.

I am going to slowly taper myself off, but still tell my doc that I want to take it so I can stockpile them and have them for future use.

Captain thought if utilizing tramadol or maybe kratom? Stick w/ it bro when your receptors are regulated and your endorphins are naturally pumping you'll be glad you did

I think I have kratom. I can't find it easily. It took days of searching and all I found was a metoprolol tablet.

I am glad it fucking worked. My heart is tired of beating.

The withdrawals are bad, huh? Honestly man, there's not much you can do. You did everything right.. weened down to smaller doses, etc.. this was just an inevitable thing you were going to have to deal with. Are you totally out of suboxone or are you just trying not to give in and use again?

You said your BP is high. How high?

It's normally 180 / 130 something. It's been getting lower as the cow ages (call me Hindu)

I am fully out of suboxone and I feel like falling on my sword.

How long were you on bupe? And are the withdrawals really that bad from such a small dose?

It makes me really worry about getting off bupe. I have been on a rather high dose for 2 months (8mg/day the first month and 16mg/ a day the second month). I really hope that a very slow taper to an extremely low dose, such as .15-.3mg, will help me avoid the worst of withdrawals.

I have heard mixed things about withdrawal from bupe users. I know someone who was on it for years and did a very long and slow taper and jumped off at .5mg, and really had no major withdrawal symptoms. But I have heard from many others that the withdrawal can be hellish, almost like methadone, from only being on it for a few months, even at a low dose. I think I am only going to stay on it for another couple months, it really isn't doing too much for me anymore.

I am going to slowly taper myself off, but still tell my doc that I want to take it so I can stockpile them and have them for future use.
I was on it for a few years (call me crazy)

I need some advice..i guess.....ive been lowering my suboxone dose,well actually just once. I started taking aprox. 2mg for about 6mnths.and now i take 1mg/day..sometimes another 1mg/night.
Ive been trying to NOT take my sub dose,but for some reason i find it surprisingly difficult.Ive told my Doc this,and he agreed its hard to come off suboxone..but the few "psych" docs dont know why i cant just stop taking it..likes its 'easy' in their eyes fir me to quit it since im on a such small dose
Mind you..i am not prescribed this,i justhave a source which share with I..
Anyway..should it be easy for me to just stop taking the suboxone?or shud i really step down to .25-.50mg?

Either people are susceptible to opiate addiction or they're not. For people who go "duh"; they have never had a true habit.

Either people are susceptible to opiate addiction or they're not. For people who go "duh"; they have never had a true habit.

You can say the same about withdrawals. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. Most have to find out on their own.

Capt I think you know the answer, and it's not an easy one, but you've fought hard to get to this point-- the point where you're finally completely off bupe and have to pay the piper, as they say. You say you have some good personal reasons motivating you to finally get off this stuff for good, just try to keep those at the forefront of your mind while you ride it out. Looking for H or getting drunk isn't the answer, and I know you know there isn't any other magic potion anyone here can tell you about that will fix this. It will get better little by little, day by day, but you're not gonna love life for a while.

Stick it out, you can get through this! A year from now you'll be SO glad to have all this shit behind you and the terrible feeling you have now will be but a distant memory.

ETA: as for blood pressure, if you have any chelated magnesium handy (who doesn't??) it may help, though not sure how high the dose has to be to see an immediate effect. I take 300-400mg/day to control my BP and it has been amazingly helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.