• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tasted the pills I am talking about? maybe I am just adjusted to the taste after taking for so long but I dont find it to be bad at all. I remember in my early day of subox when they were the REAL orange ones I always would hate the taste and even sniff at times. now w/ these whites or generic orange I dont mind and can take them down every morning as I shower. never a problem.

I bet the film is great and I have the chance to switch if I wanted but I feel I lose track of the strip in my mouth and it's not doing what it SHOULD BE doing. no one else feels that? or gets what I am saying? im not doubting that it doesnt work just as good, maybe even more.. but it's the thought process behind it all. we are addicts, it's all about how the mind takes it.

What do you mean you loose track of it in your mouth? Once you put it under your tongue it sticks their like glue till it dissolves, which is really fast.

I put it under my tongue and it gets stuck to my tongue. then kinda just dissolves but I feel like I am swallowing as a whole or maybe pieces are breaking ad are both under and on top of the tongue. I just dont get a good feel when I have to put the tab in my mouth. w/ the pill I can feel it and feel it get smaller and smaller and it slowly dissolves. like I said, its prob. all a mental thing but it's something I worry about w/ those tabs.

The strips come in 2mg or 8mg, do you know which it was?

The fact you took the sub just once will work in your favour, as you haven't built up a higher concentration by taking it for multiple days in a row. The amount of time you need to wait seems to vary quite a lot person to person, but I agree wait 24 hours minimum. I've definitely felt good effects after waiting 24 hours, but I've also noticed that if I'm using heroin every day after stopping sub, the effects will continue to improve until about 72 hours after last taking sub, so I assume that's how long it takes for the sub to pretty much clear (this is coming off every day usage of sub, though at low dosages - I rarely go above 2mg a day).
Not sure, just looked on the package and it says 8 mg/ 2 mg on it, so not sure which one it is haha.

glad you brought this up because I was coming to this thread to ask this exact question.

anyway, what do you people find to be more helpful, the film or the pill? I take the bupreorphine/naloxone generic white pills. I take 12MG in the morning and feel great! Never do I have a problem or do I have any urges (only when I drop the dosage; started at 24MG and down to 12MG). once and a while I will trade w/ a friend of mine and he'll give me a generic orange. same goes for the strips w/ another friend. HOWEVER, I always feel like my generic whites are best. is that possible?

is it known that the film is stronger/better? I've always read about subox but never see too much about the difference between film and pill form. I also dont hear to often from the users; I always liked the pill because I can feel it go down and feel better knowing I took the proper dosage. w/ the film the minute I put it under my tongue and it gets stuck to my tongue and disappear quickly, so I get worried that maybe I have done something wrong.. although, I dont get sick after, so I know its working.

anyway, QUESTION TO ALL USERS!! what do you prefer.. THE PILL or the STRIP!? and tell me why!

well for actual brand name suboxone, I always thought the pills and the strip worked just the same. but I prefer the strip because like scagneti said they dissolve quicker and I always took that as it fully gets into my system. a lot of times the pills would be chipped and have pieces missing, probably not enough to ever make a difference, but in my head I would worry about it lol.

that's really crazy to hear you say you like the white generics tho. you talking about the ones that I take too, with the lil quarter moon symbol and the number 155 imprinted? that's weird, for me these things are horrible. like I can go 5 days taking nothing but generics, then on the 6th day ill take a strip, and its seriously like night and day. guess it just depends on the person...

I've actually never tried the strips. My old dr asked before and I just figured the generics would be cheaper. Then he provided me with one of those cards to get a big doscount off the strips, but he wrote the prescription for generics, so I couldn't use it. I planned on asking for him to write for the strips the next time, but there never was a next time, cause I relapsed and figured I would just fail the drug test, so didn't waste my time/money going in to try to pickup more Subs.

I always had a negative view of the strips, but I suppose they are less surface area to drug ratio so it might absorb better. In the long run I feel I gotta sick there a slosh around a bunch of spit for 10 minutes either way.

well for actual brand name suboxone, I always thought the pills and the strip worked just the same. but I prefer the strip because like scagneti said they dissolve quicker and I always took that as it fully gets into my system. a lot of times the pills would be chipped and have pieces missing, probably not enough to ever make a difference, but in my head I would worry about it lol.

that's really crazy to hear you say you like the white generics tho. you talking about the ones that I take too, with the lil quarter moon symbol and the number 155 imprinted? that's weird, for me these things are horrible. like I can go 5 days taking nothing but generics, then on the 6th day ill take a strip, and its seriously like night and day. guess it just depends on the person...

might do a 10 for 10 trade w/ a buddy of mine and go strips for 10 consecutive days just to see if I see any difference. as of now I am feeling great on the pills so this may be a negative but I trust my bluelight peeps and will take a shot.

not often do I come across this many junkies w/ such logical advice, ha. although, I've been to many rehabs/detox/wards, etc, but have yet to meet anyone w/ any logic behind their thoughts. :(

^I don't think there is a difference, its all mental. Perhaps you need to hold the strips in your mouth for a shorter period of time, cause the small surface area and they dissolve so quick (as far as I have heard). But the difference might be drastic, like you need to hold a 8 mg film only 5 minutes ot get what you do from holding a 8 mg tab for 15 minutes, that might be a bit overboard, but you get what I mean.

Was just thinking about how when I get on Subs I really get into listening to music again, but when I am getting high I don't seem to care much about music. Like on Subs I will go through trouble to listen to certain songs and sit there and just chill out while listening to a bunch of songs in a row, but on the H I mainly just listen to music in my car and not otherwise.

Is it normal for subutex not to hold you 100% for a few days after a gear (H) run? Being a partial agonist after being on a full agonist?

I only have a really small stash of it and want to make the most of it. I have no experience with bupe it is unavailable here. I can get methadone but would rather not go near it as I was on it for maintenance for 4 years.

I have been binging. Last binge was 10 days. I took one day off then :

SL 4mg day one and ended up shooting 1mg when I came home from work at 10pm as I was feeling sick in work.
Day two today I plugged 4mg and shot 1 mg before work at 5pm, its now nearly 11 and I should be ok without more.

Not sure what to do about tomorrow. Only have 12mg left. I can't be too sick in work. It is warehouse/manual labour and I need to perform to be kept on after my contract is up.

The sublingual bioavailability is really shitty. The up the arse bioavailability isn't much better and I'm not sure about its effects on duration.

IV is the best bioavailability but you pay the price with duration. I might have to do it IV twice a day if I am to make my sub last and my taper fit in with responsibilities.

Any advice/input/experience greatly appreciated?

I have a few tramadol and can get codeine OTC and do a few CWEs if necessary for after.

it is completely normal for buprenorphine to not hold you completely for a couple days at first. i find that in that situation taking more and more does nothing really to ease the symptoms--i.e., you reach a point that is as good as u'll feel on a partial agonist. it takes away a lot but not nearly all my wd symptoms at first; after 2-3 days i adjust and feel fine. now, i tend to not try to keep upping the dose in hopes of full relief that won't come and instead just realize that i wont be 100% at first, and it helps me keep my tolerance and overall bupe dosage down.

I was iving 4mg a day for awhile this last week I've been snorting 1mg twice a day and I feel the wds in the mornings

I was iving 4mg a day for awhile this last week I've been snorting 1mg twice a day and I feel the wds in the mornings

You said you snort twice a day.

When iving how many times a day did u have to do it to hold you?

That makes sense about not feeling right for the first few days. After tomorrow can I start to cut down? Not sure if I could go the iv route for the taper. SL would be better but I don't have enough sub to last me a comfortable table.

I really don't know what would even happen if I took 16mg of suboxone for 2 months...In 8 years, I've maybe taken that much for 3 consecutive days a few times when I was supervised in rehab...pretty much everyone I know feels like shit on them for 2-3 days and then 4 mgs will hold them for a day...A few people I know insist that they need 8, but the only people I've ever met who think they need 16 are either people who just got on them and are convinced that the're being prescribed what they actually need, or hardcore oxy users....

I've had multiple suboxone doctors tell me that all the long time heroin users he's treated seem to need less suboxone than any of the pill heads...Of course, when I had insurance I lied and said I needed 16mgs....

The way I see suboxone, the amount of time that it works to keep you well does seem to vary between people...I like to dose it every 12 hours, but that's because I only take 1.5mgs at a time, and I actually feel it for a little while when I take it...8mgs makes me actually feel kind of dopesick...not really dopesick, but I get a runny nose and I cant sleep....Definitely feel the lower doses more...

I've also never had any problems cutting down until it was anything under 4mgs...but getting from 4mgs to 2 mgs is 100 times easier than going from 2 to .5///It's just really hard not to cheat and take a little more...

So, I really don't understand how anyone could have trouble getting to fucking 8mgs, that just blows my mind!

^^^

I prefer the strip. It's not any stronger or weaker to me, feels the same as the pills do, but I like it because it dissolves much faster, doesn't taste near as bad, and is very easy to cut into smaller doses.

I agree. I found the pills terrible to dissolve - they took forever. It got to a point where I would set my alarm in the middle of the night to put them under my tongue and give them a good few hours to dissolve - if I was doing it during the day, there was no way I couldn't fuck it up by talking or swallowing or something.

But, I did like the pills for snorting - I find this an effective ROA for sub, and allows me to get by on much less. Pills have recently stopped being manufactured in Australia though, it's all strips from here on.

Recently though, the strips have been destroying the inside of my mouth under my tongue - the whole area is inflammed, red and sore. It's a killer to put the strips there - and each one seems to make the problem worse. Has anyone else had this reaction? And another question - my pharmacist suggested using them buccally (against my cheek) but acknowledged this ROA doesn't work effectively for anyone. Has anyone tried this ROA, and how did it go?

The thing with the strips, they will stick to anything wet and there's no way to move them once they're stuck...you only have one shot! I fold them into a small little piece...

never tried my cheek, Ive ended up havng them stuck to my teeth a bunch of times...even rolling it into a little ball and putting it under your tongue works better for some people...Otherwise, you really have to focus on keeping your tongue on op of the strip, not as forgiving as the pills, but quicker if you do it right..

it is completely normal for buprenorphine to not hold you completely for a couple days at first. i find that in that situation taking more and more does nothing really to ease the symptoms--i.e., you reach a point that is as good as u'll feel on a partial agonist. it takes away a lot but not nearly all my wd symptoms at first; after 2-3 days i adjust and feel fine. now, i tend to not try to keep upping the dose in hopes of full relief that won't come and instead just realize that i wont be 100% at first, and it helps me keep my tolerance and overall bupe dosage down.

Yeah I did that today, popped 2 mg and after that popped 2 more twice throughout the day. No extra relief, maybe the smallest bit from the 2nd 2 mg chunk, but the 3rd did nothing. So it is basically a waste, but not a bad idea to dose some before bed so you don't get some sleep and then wake up feeling completely awful.

You said you snort twice a day.

When iving how many times a day did u have to do it to hold you?

That makes sense about not feeling right for the first few days. After tomorrow can I start to cut down? Not sure if I could go the iv route for the taper. SL would be better but I don' have enough sub to last me a comfortable table.
twice a, but iv you get 100 percent of the drug

I really don't know what would even happen if I took 16mg of suboxone for 2 months...In 8 years, I've maybe taken that much for 3 consecutive days a few times when I was supervised in rehab...pretty much everyone I know feels like shit on them for 2-3 days and then 4 mgs will hold them for a day...A few people I know insist that they need 8, but the only people I've ever met who think they need 16 are either people who just got on them and are convinced that the're being prescribed what they actually need, or hardcore oxy users....

I've had multiple suboxone doctors tell me that all the long time heroin users he's treated seem to need less suboxone than any of the pill heads...Of course, when I had insurance I lied and said I needed 16mgs....

The way I see suboxone, the amount of time that it works to keep you well does seem to vary between people...I like to dose it every 12 hours, but that's because I only take 1.5mgs at a time, and I actually feel it for a little while when I take it...8mgs makes me actually feel kind of dopesick...not really dopesick, but I get a runny nose and I cant sleep....Definitely feel the lower doses more...

I've also never had any problems cutting down until it was anything under 4mgs...but getting from 4mgs to 2 mgs is 100 times easier than going from 2 to .5///It's just really hard not to cheat and take a little more...

So, I really don't understand how anyone could have trouble getting to fucking 8mgs, that just blows my mind!
Might be some of the dumbest shit I've read thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.