• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
same here. so you agree that ONE TIME DOSAGE is better than the split? so far I feel it's been much better. I am just more satisfied come morning than I am come night. make sense? the larger dosage in the morning makes for a great, easy day. it could be all a mind game, as usual, but you never know. anyone else?

same here. so you agree that ONE TIME DOSAGE is better than the split? so far I feel it's been much better. I am just more satisfied come morning than I am come night. make sense? the larger dosage in the morning makes for a great, easy day. it could be all a mind game, as usual, but you never know. anyone else?

To be honest, I've never done split dosage so I couldn't really say what's best. I've always taken it in the morning because then it's over with lol. Only time I ever did split was induction when I was coming off codeine. Everyone is different I guess.

what did you dosage start at? was it always 12? when I was taking 24 or 16 I split but now that I am down to 12 its just easier to take all early in the AM but also is feeling better than when splitting the dosage as when I was on 16.

I was on 8mg for around 6 months - but was having intense cravings n was replacing opiates with alcohol so last Monday they started me on 12mg n things are so much better. Haven't had a drink since a week last Friday n not had any cravings either.
It's all trial n error with dosage n timing - you just got to find what's right for you.

I agree there; when I first dropped to 12MG I was having a few problems; but after about a week or so I am feeling good w/ the 12MG in the morning and no cravings throughout the day. Things got back last week and I ever TRIED to make a call and score but ended up coming up short, THANK GOD! now everything is FINE and DANDY over here!

Hiya - I take my 12mg suboxone in the morning.
All the best, Evey x

Only a short time on sub. If I dose it all at one time I get into a zonkers like state. I have to break it up.

Welp now I'm on 10 mg. Supposed to go 3 days on 10 and then drop to 8.

No difference yet, although I haven't been 100% this whole time.

I Haven't taken a benzo since last wed and the same with adderall . They did a UA on me today hopefully they were gone . The benzo was xanax. So I'm thinking I should be ok. I did take some provigil but I don't think that shows up.

The seroquell is making me sleep so I was able to stop the benzos. Thankfully there was only one night of problems from that.

I talked to them and they said they follow the way I'm going and then drop to 1 mg and then they take you off. However they will give me some comfort meds at that time. So I guess they jump you off from 1mg. I had a few questions about that and they said it's pointless to draw it out any longer than that.

So I took a sub today, thinkin I wasnt gonna be gettin any dope. But I did come across some. Now, I dont take subs too often, this is probably my third or fourth time ever. Would 24 hours be long enough for me to wait till I can get high on the brown again? I have a fast metabolism, if that has any affect at all haha. Wish I hadnt taken that sub now lol... I mean, I know it varies from person to person and other factors as well, but any input would be appreciated.

^^

How much suboxone did you take? 1 8mg strip or pill? If so, then yeah 24hours minimum. It'll still probably block a little.

I last got high at like 6 pm last night, round then I think? And no, the sub made me feel great haha.

By the way, thanks for the quick replies.

Last edited:
Would the effects of kratom be interrupted on sub?
Is kratom a bad idea?
I got some in anticipation of wd's . However I'm on a tapered sub program, so I either use this kratom or lose it.

Hm, thats what I figured. It was just one of the lil orange strips.

The strips come in 2mg or 8mg, do you know which it was?

The fact you took the sub just once will work in your favour, as you haven't built up a higher concentration by taking it for multiple days in a row. The amount of time you need to wait seems to vary quite a lot person to person, but I agree wait 24 hours minimum. I've definitely felt good effects after waiting 24 hours, but I've also noticed that if I'm using heroin every day after stopping sub, the effects will continue to improve until about 72 hours after last taking sub, so I assume that's how long it takes for the sub to pretty much clear (this is coming off every day usage of sub, though at low dosages - I rarely go above 2mg a day).

I have been taking Suboxone Film for about 3 years now, my current dose is 2 of the 8-2mg film strips per day. They're pretty pricey, and I recently switched to the generic Suboxone tablets, the ones by maker Actavis. However, I will tell you that these tablets are utterly and completely AWFUL. They do not work anywhere near like the film strips do. I had always heard that people didn't like them, but I didn't want to believe it. It didn't make sense to me how something with the same medication, just different formats, could make a difference. But I will tell ya from experience, it does.

So, this brings me to my actual question. Next year my insurance company is dropping coverage for the Suboxone films, leaving me with 2 options; go back to the generics (which I am very fearful to have to do), or try Zubsolv - which is where I'd like some input. Has anybody tried Zubsolv? Could anyone tell me how it relates to the films, or at least to the generics? Any information on Zubsolv would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

^^^

I haven't tried it personally, but I have heard very good things about it. They are supposed to be even more effective and efficient than the strips. If the generics aren't doing it for you, I'd definitely try that. It is a brand name medication though, so it probably wont be any less expensive than the suboxone strips though.

i have a suboxone discount card. it makes it cheaper than the generic. ask about it. my prescribing doc gave it to me. i think u can use the website also.

I Haven't taken a benzo since last wed and the same with adderall . They did a UA on me today hopefully they were gone . The benzo was xanax. So I'm thinking I should be ok. I did take some provigil but I don't think that shows up.

let me know how the urine comes out.

i took a benzo last night and have a urine on dec 3rd for my sub doc. wouldnt cut me if i didnt pass but still would like to pass. although, I do blood tests rather than urine; I always had a problem pissing when needed. even if no one is watching I still cant piss on demand.

I have been taking Suboxone Film for about 3 years now, my current dose is 2 of the 8-2mg film strips per day. They're pretty pricey, and I recently switched to the generic Suboxone tablets, the ones by maker Actavis. However, I will tell you that these tablets are utterly and completely AWFUL. They do not work anywhere near like the film strips do. I had always heard that people didn't like them, but I didn't want to believe it. It didn't make sense to me how something with the same medication, just different formats, could make a difference. But I will tell ya from experience, it does.

So, this brings me to my actual question. Next year my insurance company is dropping coverage for the Suboxone films, leaving me with 2 options; go back to the generics (which I am very fearful to have to do), or try Zubsolv - which is where I'd like some input. Has anybody tried Zubsolv? Could anyone tell me how it relates to the films, or at least to the generics? Any information on Zubsolv would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

glad you brought this up because I was coming to this thread to ask this exact question.

anyway, what do you people find to be more helpful, the film or the pill? I take the bupreorphine/naloxone generic white pills. I take 12MG in the morning and feel great! Never do I have a problem or do I have any urges (only when I drop the dosage; started at 24MG and down to 12MG). once and a while I will trade w/ a friend of mine and he'll give me a generic orange. same goes for the strips w/ another friend. HOWEVER, I always feel like my generic whites are best. is that possible?

is it known that the film is stronger/better? I've always read about subox but never see too much about the difference between film and pill form. I also dont hear to often from the users; I always liked the pill because I can feel it go down and feel better knowing I took the proper dosage. w/ the film the minute I put it under my tongue and it gets stuck to my tongue and disappear quickly, so I get worried that maybe I have done something wrong.. although, I dont get sick after, so I know its working.

anyway, QUESTION TO ALL USERS!! what do you prefer.. THE PILL or the STRIP!? and tell me why!

^^^

I prefer the strip. It's not any stronger or weaker to me, feels the same as the pills do, but I like it because it dissolves much faster, doesn't taste near as bad, and is very easy to cut into smaller doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.