• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw my post above. I didn't avoid them I went through them and just recovering. I'm still fuzzy and went to the rehab place today. They are regulating my subs. They told me I could take up to 16 mg " If I need it".

I'm feeling jittery and fuzzy. I've takes like 12 today and last dosed several hours ago. it's late PM here.

Honestly, maybe suboxone just isn't for you. Everybody reacts differently to the drug, so therefore not everyone will experience positive effects that outweigh the negative ones. Have you considered methadone? You have to go to get the subs doses every other day as is, so it would just be a few more days of going there when you take into consideration the take-homes.

Honestly, aside from keeping withdrawals at bay I find suboxone to be a pretty nasty drug. I don't feel any high from it, and the little buzz that I get from it a few times here and there isn't that good to me, and is just a half-assed fake opioid buzz IME. The side effects are pretty noticeable too (headaches, neck ache, constipation, anxiety, trouble sleeping, weird thoughts), so that's why I just got one script a few months ago and have been tapering with that. I couldn't bring myself to get another script since I really don't like how I feel on it, but without it I feel worse but only in terms of withdrawals and lack of energy, which makes sense since the only positives I feel from it are increased energy and no withdrawals. That's it really.

I remember when I was first getting on it at my outpatient rehab my counselor said to me "now tommyboy, make sure that you use the suboxone correctly, and don't get high off of it" and I was just thinking to myself if only she knew how it was for people with really high tolerances that have been using for almost 10 years now, because suboxone is the last drug I would turn to for a high since I don't really like the feeling from it, and because with my high tolerance and it's ceiling affect I don't really feel anything from it. It worked better a while back, but all of that changed in the early summer when I kept trying to quit but ended up going back and forth between subs and dope. I went from being able to feel it the day I took it (considering I was in mod-severe withdrawal) to taking 3 days before I was stable on it, and then another 3 days before I felt anything more from it other than just the withdrawal relief.

I think it made me want to use more since I didn't like how I felt on it, and it was like a tease since I felt slight opioid effects, which would make me want to feel the full ones. Then I just got sick of all that and decided to do a 3 month taper, so here I am. It will probably end up being 10 weeks total, but I'll keep you all posted. Next week is 2mg/day and I'm only doing that for 8-10 days before dropping again. I would rather do a faster taper since I believe that with longer acting opioids such as suboxone, the duration that you are on it may play a bigger role than the amount you cut down to. So I would rather do a 10 week taper and jump off at say 1mg than do a 4 month taper and jump off at 0.125, because the longer your body and mind get used to being on a drug, the harder it is for it to readjust to not being on it, which is what withdrawal essentially is. I just wanted enough time away from dope, and enough time for the subs to build up in me a bit, and that should help a lot in coming off of it, so I don't want my body getting too used to having this drug in it.

Last edited:
Honestly, maybe suboxone just isn't for you. Everybody reacts differently to the drug, so therefore not everyone will experience positive effects that outweigh the negative ones. Have you considered methadone? You have to go to get the subs doses every other day as is, so it would just be a few more days of going there when you take into consideration the take-homes.

Honestly, aside from keeping withdrawals at bay I find suboxone to be a pretty nasty drug. I don't feel any high from it, and the little buzz that I get from it a few times here and there isn't that good to me, and is just a half-assed fake opioid buzz IME. The side effects are pretty noticeable too (headaches, neck ache, constipation, anxiety, trouble sleeping, weird thoughts), so that's why I just got one script a few months ago and have been tapering with that. I couldn't bring myself to get another script since I really don't like how I feel on it, but without it I feel worse but only in terms of withdrawals and lack of energy, which makes sense since the only positives I feel from it are increased energy and no withdrawals. That's it really.

Yes I go every other day and they taper me over 3 weeks. But at least it's a hospital and on some of the visits they have me talk to a therapist . I couldn't stand in the methadone line( yuk) . I think I'm just getting used to it and have improved 100% since I started yesterday. If I'm not normal by monday I will tell them and discontinue use. They said since I went through predicated wd's my body just went through hell and it will take some time adjusting.

Thanks for your concern.

I mean a 3 weeks taper supervised by professionals who do this all the time is good right? They told me they do not do maintenance here and only tapers. So I'm forced off it before addiction occurs. Is what they say.

Yes I go every other day and they taper me over 3 weeks. But at least it's a hospital and on some of the visits they have me talk to a therapist . I couldn't stand in the methadone line( yuk) . I think I'm just getting used to it and have improved 100% since I started yesterday. If I'm not normal by monday I will tell them and discontinue use. They said since I went through predicated wd's my body just went through hell and it will take some time adjusting.

Thanks for your concern.

I mean a 3 weeks taper supervised by professionals who do this all the time is good right? They told me they do not do maintenance here and only tapers. So I'm forced off it before addiction occurs. Is what they say.

I think a 3 week taper is perfect. I actually edited my last post while you were replying, and added to it saying how I feel that the duration of use plays a bigger role than the dosage that you jump off at (to an extent of course) when it comes to suboxone or methadone (so a 1 month taper from 16mg to 1mg would be better than a slower 3 month taper from 16mg to 0.125mg). I recently posted about the guy at NA that said his suboxone doctor did a 1 month taper, doing 16mg the first week, 8 the second, 4 the third, and 2 the last, and he jumped off at 2 and said he was fine. That doctor didn't treat anybody past the one month mark, so if people needed more they would be referred elsewhere.

Now although those doses are high (and definitely way higher than one would need to not be sick) I think it allowed the suboxone to build up in the person for just enough time for it to be able to slowly leave him but without causing most of the withdrawals symptoms we commonly here about when stopping long-term suboxone maintenance. Results may vary, but I think that's the best way to go, and if after that time you can't stay clean then other options should be discussed with your doctor.

Hi ALL-

Been on 16/MG sub now for 3 months. First few months were great now I feel I am peaking and I am just EH. I am in the process of lowering the dosage to 12MG, so that may be part of the reason, but was wondering if others also just PEAK on subox and do not feel as good as they once have when first coming off? I've ready about this all before, spoken in group, etc, but I like to get other peoples thoughts/ideas as well.

I did do 20MG subox today and I feel better than I have the last few days while dropping the dosage; thats why I ask.

Hiya Not again,
I'm sorry but I don't know anything about adderell or provigil- but if they are addictive it's best to stay away from them as you said yourself. Are you using suboxone for maintenance or as a short taper? If it's the first you should be fine once you've stabilised on. If you're using as a taper I cannot advise you as I have never gone that route. I have never done weed n have read people say that it helped them during the withdrawal process, however everyone is different n what works for one may not work for another so it's all trial n error I guess.
Anyway best of luck with it all n lol @ the police joke.
Evey <3

I think a 3 week taper is perfect. I actually edited my last post while you were replying, and added to it saying how I feel that the duration of use plays a bigger role than the dosage that you jump off at (to an extent of course) when it comes to suboxone or methadone (so a 1 month taper from 16mg to 1mg would be better than a slower 3 month taper from 16mg to 0.125mg). I recently posted about the guy at NA that said his suboxone doctor did a 1 month taper, doing 16mg the first week, 8 the second, 4 the third, and 2 the last, and he jumped off at 2 and said he was fine. That doctor didn't treat anybody past the one month mark, so if people needed more they would be referred elsewhere.

Now although those doses are high (and definitely way higher than one would need to not be sick) I think it allowed the suboxone to build up in the person for just enough time for it to be able to slowly leave him but without causing most of the withdrawals symptoms we commonly here about when stopping long-term suboxone maintenance. Results may vary, but I think that's the best way to go, and if after that time you can't stay clean then other options should be discussed with your doctor.

You know, today I feel much much better. It's working and I'm going places and doing things. I feel like I can go back to work. I think It just needed to stabilize. I took 16 mg yesterday and started with 6 this morning. The Dr asked me to tell him if I thought 16 was enough, I'm sure of it and am only going to use 12 today to see if that gets me through. Thank you for your post and help.

Hiya Not again,
I'm sorry but I don't know anything about adderell or provigil- but if they are addictive it's best to stay away from them as you said yourself. Are you using suboxone for maintenance or as a short taper? If it's the first you should be fine once you've stabilised on. If you're using as a taper I cannot advise you as I have never gone that route. I have never done weed n have read people say that it helped them during the withdrawal process, however everyone is different n what works for one may not work for another so it's all trial n error I guess.
Anyway best of luck with it all n lol @ the police joke.
Evey <3

lol at it too. Thank you for your concern. I have stabilized or are close to it. I feel great. Just trying to not take too much sub at one time.

so I break the 12 between morning and night. Last night I felt some RLS and had to sleep in my guest room because I was keeping my wife and my lil girl ( 2 y/o sleeps with us) awake. But I wanted to wait till morning to take anymore sub.

I had to take some xanax to sleep last night , but shit i can't just lie there and I took like 4 days off the xanax before this so I could take it if I( had too.

I know 4 days isn't a long break from xanax, but I had only been using it for 2 weeks prior. So I think I'm ok. Anyways the rehab says they use klonopin?? for tapering people on benzos. I was really asking all kinds of questions there. Imagine how fun that would be,.≥........ lol J/K of coarse!!!!

Oh and P.S

I asked how much sub equals to oxy and their response is:
It's highly individualized
. They do not use a conversion chart. they start with 6 mg and push 2 mg every 45 min to hour till you are good to go.

I'm still taking something but I feel so much better inside that I'm not popping 40 friggin pills a day. I feel like I have done it. I was waiting for the right moment and there is no right moment to do it. You have to do it when you have to do it.

I kept thinking ok Monday I have to do this and next week is this. I have to wait..... No do not wait. If you feel you must stop all things around you will keep going and you can jump back in when you feel ready.

Last edited:
Hi ALL-

Been on 16/MG sub now for 3 months. First few months were great now I feel I am peaking and I am just EH. I am in the process of lowering the dosage to 12MG, so that may be part of the reason, but was wondering if others also just PEAK on subox and do not feel as good as they once have when first coming off? I've ready about this all before, spoken in group, etc, but I like to get other peoples thoughts/ideas as well.

I did do 20MG subox today and I feel better than I have the last few days while dropping the dosage; thats why I ask.

its common. For some people the 'honeymoon period' for bupe only lasts 1 or 2 days and then they no longer get any recreational effects from it. For me the nice effects lasted 6 months and more, if i take a higher dose, i still get high off it. Ive weened down from a couple of months at 8mg to 0.1mg currently.

Last edited:
Officially normal. Woke up today feeling like a new man. I want out and did all kinds of things with no ill effects. Went to the rehab where they decided that 16 mg was what I needed today and tomorrow will be 14. I guess this is time to go down. Once stabilized they take a little away each day. Thats why they want me there so often. There is also free MFT therapists they require you to talk to and psychologist that are available. However, you need to be 3 months clean before they will allow you to talk to a shrink.Guess there's good reasons for that.
I pay ALOT!!! For this insurance and I'm finally using it and I love the way it's working. I've always been healthy and if I needed some drugs I would go see a cash DR. I call them DR feel good. lol
Guess there's good reasons for that.

So how much time should I wait to try and get high on these easily crushable DHC Continus 120mg i've obtained from the UK. I notice after 2 days of not taking suboxone that I still have contracted pupils....I just want to get high and my dosage of suboxone is not that high 4-6mg a day most of the time. So if I wait 2 days, will I be able to feel say 3 of these DHC Continus pills ? Then I'd later go back to suboxone...i'm on my way out of using suboxone anyway. I've proven to the people at clinic to transfer me to a pain clinic soon-ish since I'm able to use opiates responsibly, I only ended up in ORT last year because of doctors fucking with me (giving me 1 month scripts of something awesome for my couple serious pain issues then refusing to give me more refills so many times...).

This kind of pill is all I needed before I looked for opis the illicit way and ended up with stronger stuff than I needed . Back then a couple Codeine-Contins 200mg a day/4 Hycodans 5mg/2-3 OXY IR 5mg).

Sure is....I can wait 3 days if it means I can enjoy a rather harmless full agonist a couple times though. Bupe is such a shitty painkiller, even codeine/DHC is better and I now see why BuTrans patches are popular with kids (who have cancer).

Last edited:
im getting some subutex to come off a week on the gear. probably only 16mg. i need to remain functional as i have got a new job which i really want to keep.

its very hard to get bupe in ireland. i will not use methadone again. hence i want to maximse the bioavailability of my bupe taper.

is IV a feasible method for detox. Would an IV shot last me 24 hours or would I need 2 shots a day?

Day 1 - 2mg morning/2mg evening
Day 2 - 1.5mg/1.5mg
Day 3 - 1mg/1mg
Day 4 - .75mg/.75mg
Day 5 - .5mg/.5mg
Day 6 - .25mg/.25mg

that leaves 4mg left over. Any thoughts? I have no experience with buperenorphine.

On only 4-6mg's I never had to wait more than 24 hours. Everyones body is different though.
Back when I actually felt something from bupe it would block really well for me, like 2 days easy, 3 days a little, and by 4 I could feel another opiate fully. Nowadays I barely feel it and it doesn't really block much at all, so I think there is a correlation between how well you feel the effects of it, and how long it blocks for. Best advice is to wait until you are feeling sick and that's why you should be able to get high.

im getting some subutex to come off a week on the gear. probably only 16mg. i need to remain functional as i have got a new job which i really want to keep.

its very hard to get bupe in ireland. i will not use methadone again. hence i want to maximse the bioavailability of my bupe taper.

is IV a feasible method for detox. Would an IV shot last me 24 hours or would I need 2 shots a day?

Day 1 - 2mg morning/2mg evening
Day 2 - 1.5mg/1.5mg
Day 3 - 1mg/1mg
Day 4 - .75mg/.75mg
Day 5 - .5mg/.5mg
Day 6 - .25mg/.25mg

that leaves 4mg left over. Any thoughts? I have no experience with buperenorphine.

Don't IV it if you are using it for a taper. The only reason that bupe works well for tapering is due to it lasting so long, allowing for some build-up of the drug and then a slow drop off. IVing it takes that away since it lasts such a small amount of time compared to taking it sublingually.

As for the taper, it looks good. The most important thing is to wait as long as you can before taking it, as it will work so much better this way, and will make the most out of the few pills you have. And as for the extra, well the taper need not be set in stone, so if you feel you need more or less you at least have some leeway.

Ok so I have a question I'm new to the site and couldn't post a new thread so here I am.
I've been on suboxone for two years+ now and I've recently developed problems with it.
When I first started taking suboxone it was great and I only used it when I ran out of oxy. I was only taking 4-5 80mgs a day which is quite a bit for some but it was what got me by. I started taking oxy back in the ninth grade and that's what my first opiate high came from (40mg OC) anyway I developed a high tolerance very quickly within the next couple of months. When I started I committed and I went all the way to my senior year in 2010 before I had my first day without any. I had trusting grandparents who were short on money and I lived with them. They hardly ever took the OCs because they both were also prescribed percs. So when I'd need money I'd just ask for some of their pills and they'd give me a couple to sell. After a whole of asking they just started giving me the entire bottle everytime the refilled their scripts so I was pretty much set. My grandpa got 60s and my grandma got 40s after a while I got them to lie to their doctor saying they were still in pain after taking their doses so the doctor put them both on 80s and my grandma also got a dilaudid prescription. I had 240 OC 80s every month no matter what and developed a very strong dependency to the drug, I loved them. After the first day without I realized I was addicted and got scared. I tried tapering and quitting but the withdrawals were too intense and then I heard about suboxone. I tried it on the streets once and it worked so I found a doctor here in OK to prescribe them to me. Like i said at the beginning I only took them when I'd run out of Oxy and dilaudid and they always saved me if I sold too many of my oxy so I kept going to the doctor and picking them up every month even though I was only taking about ten a month. Anyway after a while I decided to quit the oxy completely and just take my suboxone. The doctor started me on 2 1/2 8mg tablets first and that worked but even though it worked I started taking 4-5 8mg tablets a day and I never got high EVER, except for the first couple days. I've had a few hiccups every now and then messing around with oxy when I run out. But other than that I stayed straight. About a year ago my doctor dropped me down to 2 8mg strips a day and I still kept taking 4-5 a day and never got high but my cravings were gone. A couple months I got to where I'd only take the prescribed 2 8mg strips a day and that worked. I sold some last month and ran a couple days short and bought some oxy to last me until I filled my script. It was only three days worth. But here's my question. Ever since last month when I filled my script I've been getting VERY VERY high from my suboxone and I'm not even taking the 2 8mg strips like I'm supposed to instead I'm only taking 1 1/2 strips a day. And even when I only take one I get really messed up. Probably 3x more high than I've ever been off of oxy. I take the strips sublingually like I'm supposed for and I don't know what my problem is, it's not that I don't like being high, because i do but this lasts from the time I take them in the morning until I go to sleep. It's ridiculous and I can't function. But if I don't take the suboxone I'm miserable and I go into withdrawals about an hour after I wake up, so I can't just quit them. Has anyone ever experienced this, or do any of you know what gone wrong? Please help. It's a good high for the first hour or so but then it gets way too strong making me nauseous and stressing me out bad since it's a never ending high, and it's not letting up. Thank you for any input and sorry for making such a long story I just figured I'd share my whole story thanks everyone.

^^^

This. IV'ing the bupe is not a good way to taper.

100% agree with this. Not only for health reasons but also because bupe is a medication given as a tool in tackling addiction so using addictive behaviours is not going to help. I know we don't forget our addictions but surely we can remember it less by using meds how they are meant.

Sorry not meaning to sound preachy, just my 2pennys worth

Take care, Evey xxx

hey I have a question, I jus got my sub strips and want to toke them,but I took like two weak tokes of leftover residue about an hour ago. Is it safe to dose now? Plus I ate some meth last night so my metabolism is like a race horse and I'm well at handling things that ur not supposed to do I.e. do dopd before suboxone

hey I have a question, I jus got my sub strips and want to toke them,but I took like two weak tokes of leftover residue about an hour ago. Is it safe to dose now? Plus I ate some meth last night so my metabolism is like a race horse and I'm well at handling things that ur not supposed to do I.e. do dopd before suboxone

do you mean you want to smoke your suboxone strips??

Status
Not open for further replies.