• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from my phone and im new to posting so bear with me. And i know ill write a lot so check the last paragraph for the real question if you don't wanna read it all .
although I've been a lurker I never quite found an answer to this n now that I'm dealing with it I thought I'd ask. Anyway I'm trying to get clean from a six month binge of iv oc and h. Before the binge I had successfully tapered off of methadone with a semi quick bupe detox, like 3 months of subs basically tapering from the beginning.
Anyway I did my last four bags of dope at 9pm Sunday, planning for it to be my last before detoxing but then 20hrs into waiting, last nite one the evening scored 120 mg oxy did two shots between 9 n 10pm. Them today stayed true to staying clean and was gonna use some leftover suboxone to make it easier.
Anyway I waited 20 hours since least shot of oc then took took .5mg suboxone sublingualy, waited ten min felt fine n decided another .5 iv'd. Mistake, instantly got worse,way worse but I was almost able to walk/smoke(mj) it off rather quickly. Now id say I feel better than before I dosed the bupe but not great. Would I just rough it another 24 hours before I try more sub or an I in the clear to find my least effective dose as I plan to do a quick taper. And if I am in the clear then why'd I feel slight pwds

why are you doing this to yourself CH :? To punish yourself :? To see how much pain you can handle :?

I don't know why. Life is painful so I don't think I'm causing myself too much/extra pain... I just think that I'm bound to suffer through stuff anyways and it's better to get it out of the way now.

CH - you're more than welcome to pm Me if you need someone to talk to - or any of your friends (I'm new here) we're all here for you ok,
Evey x

44 hours since last three bags of dope, and 20 hours since 120mgs oc. after that twenty hours i felt sick def enough to induce on suboxone. i started low with .5 mgs bupe waited 15 minutes and felt fine so i decided to shoot another .5. that shot immediatly intensified the chills and goosebumps but seemd to go away after about 30 min and some good sticky green leaf. my question is can i do a bit more suboxone or do i need to wait again since i felt those wd symptoms upon induction. tryn to do a quick detox and just use the bupe to ease it a bit

i would wait a bit. sounds like u hav ethe same issues i have with getting PW easily. the longer i wait the better i feel. dont switch back and forth at all.

my geuss is if u wait about 6+ hours and try another 1mg but not IV, doing subL instead. u can put a fraction of a shot of vodka or other liqour in your mouth along with the sub to increase the BA a good amount. i do it everytime. a little vodka, like 5ml or so. right in there with the sub as it dissolves. then spit it out after 20-30 mins.

by going straight from full agonist to Iv suboxone/subutex it seems to cause PW much easier. going subL in the start is an easier transition typically. not because of the naloxone either, thats regardless.

i used to IV subs too... no point. and god almighty, ive been in really bad PW from doing a shot of bupe too early after very good dope. i ended up in the ER. not fun. hope u feel better. that dysphoria will go away as long as u stick to the sub. PM me if u want to ask me more. or since your still a greenlighter, just ask away in here, no shame. fuck anyone who looks down on anyone else on here im so sick of that. so yeah anyways ask away. these folks know alot. aint just junky info either.

so r u trying to seriously quit for good?? may need a bit more subb it sounds. that alcohol trick has saved my ass for that. making my subs go farther. and by doing the subL alcohol trick, u gain the extra length of time before u need to re-dose. Iv u need to re-dose more often, and it seems to get more and more often ime.

Last edited:
first of all thanks for the response slum survivor..
and i have 4 8mg strips, well 3 and 7/8ths 8mg suboxones. i think that should be plenty to get me through the wd's from the heroin and oc ive been doing. i just want to do a quick detox from the dope and figured subs could help ease the pain at least use the subs to get past the acute symptoms of opiate withdrawal. i have a bit of history for my age, i started popping pills near the end of high school, then snifffing for a year or so then iv oc, then the horrible mistake of MMT with a few binges on dope thrown in there. after years of mmt i went onto suboxone after weaning to 30mgs of 'done. i was only on the subs for about 3 months, bascally sstarted weaning as soon as i was induced. i was able to stay clean off the subs minus a lil kratom here and there but one day the opportunity came up and i got way to many oc's n needles. but for now i want to prove to myself that i can live clean again. and I want to, nobody caught me or is making me, i want to
anyway its been almost 6 hours since that first bit of bupe and now i feel just as bad as i did when that shot sent me into pws, if thats what they were, seemd like they were gone n i felt a lil better after wards. im guessing i could dose another .5-1mg sublingually?

Sorry I'm partially sighted n using my mobile - is there a code for it eg like : ) means :) That sort of thing

Evey x

Not that i know of. I seem to have finally adjusted to 0.1 of bupe. That was a hard step. Someone mentioned a 'tried and tested' method is to take 2mg at the start of a new jump down, so that you have 72 hours half life of that whilst your also adjusting to the new lowered dose, sounds a bit risky, complicated and confusing to me. Though i think by sheer luck when i took that 2mg it did help me get through the rest of the week on 0.1. Maybe it is workable.

I dont really want to be acquiring any more 2mg pills though. Well i do, but i dont, if youknow what i mean. It would be pretty stupid of me to go through all this and then start using bupe again. I am considering using it recreationally in the future, like once every blue moon or something. Theres no way im gonna get ddicted to opis again, after seeing how hard it is to get off them if you do.

^ it is SO HARD to get on/below 0.1mg. No matter what ROA. Congrats "mydrugbuddy", it sounds like you're a few steps ahead of the Cpt.

Not that i know of. I seem to have finally adjusted to 0.1 of bupe. That was a hard step. Someone mentioned a 'tried and tested' method is to take 2mg at the start of a new jump down, so that you have 72 hours half life of that whilst your also adjusting to the new lowered dose, sounds a bit risky, complicated and confusing to me. Though i think by sheer luck when i took that 2mg it did help me get through the rest of the week on 0.1. Maybe it is workable.

I dont really want to be acquiring any more 2mg pills though. Well i do, but i dont, if youknow what i mean. It would be pretty stupid of me to go through all this and then start using bupe again. I am considering using it recreationally in the future, like once every blue moon or something. Theres no way im gonna get ddicted to opis again, after seeing how hard it is to get off them if you do.

Well done on getting to 0.1 of bupe. How are you feeling? If you're at 0.1 can you not just jump?

44 hours since last three bags of dope, and 20 hours since 120mgs oc. after that twenty hours i felt sick def enough to induce on suboxone. i started low with .5 mgs bupe waited 15 minutes and felt fine so i decided to shoot another .5. that shot immediatly intensified the chills and goosebumps but seemd to go away after about 30 min and some good sticky green leaf. my question is can i do a bit more suboxone or do i need to wait again since i felt those wd symptoms upon induction. tryn to do a quick detox and just use the bupe to ease it a bit

Your problem is probably with shooting it. You should never do that during the induction phase, and really shouldn't do it anyway.

Well done on getting to 0.1 of bupe. How are you feeling? If you're at 0.1 can you not just jump?

im feeling about 90% ok now thanks, still on 0.1. Might reduce again next Tuesday.

you could jump at 0.1, and i suspect it would be a lot easier than jumping at 0.25, but me with me being a feather weight fuckin pansy im gonna do 0.05 first, fully adjust to that, then jump. I've acquired the pills to do it, so i might as well use them and stick to me taper plan.

Im gonna look more into that thing of taking one higher dose (1-2mg), it keeps you well for a few days, and allows you to adjust to the lower dose as the half like of the larger dose is so long. It doesnt really make sense to me and i dont understand how it works, it seems counter-intuitive. But it certainly helped me immesnly through the last few days of asjusting to 0.1. Also ive only got like 2 or 3 chunks of bupe left that are sufficient to get high off. Id like to save them for special occasions, but if the 0.05 and final jump proove to be very hard and can be eased at all I might try that method again.

Last edited:
^ it is SO HARD to get on/below 0.1mg. No matter what ROA. Congrats "mydrugbuddy", it sounds like you're a few steps ahead of the Cpt.

Thankyou. It hasnt been easy. Its taken me a year since i realised i had an opi problem that i wanted to be clear of, to get to this stage. It sounds like you are very much doing things the hard way, you could achieve in a few weeks whats taken me a year.

lol, thanks for the encouragement/affirmation Mr. S. It really does help.

Yeah IV'ing bupe before you've fully inducted and are stabilized is just begging for pain.. :\
well i only did that one .5 shot in the evening, got sicker as stated but tried taking some 1mg bupe subL after rinseing my mouth with a lil vodka and i still get a sllight increase in withdrawal, it doesnt seem to last that long but if its been over 48 hrs since any opiods H/OC hoe come the bupe is making me feel worse? not a hig enough induction dose? plus this morn i took a small amount of some old kratom that was laying around, do i have to wait for that kratom to leave before i could possibly try the bupe again

Last edited:
As of Monday I will be on 12 mg suboxone. No judging please. Just respect that I've asked for it to be increased to help me as I'm craving n getting thoughts of wanting stronger stuff (see previous posts) plus instead of citralopram the doc has put me on Mirtazapine. He's a psychologist n is well respected.
I just hope things start getting better now.

Not judging but can I ask, eteezy, why you are mixing alcohol with sub? (Not criticising you) I'm just curious because it says on the box not to take alcohol. I've had a few glasses of alcohol in the evening so I'd be the last to judge but am curious why you would dose with it???

Evey xxx

As of Monday I will be on 12 mg suboxone. No judging please. Just respect that I've asked for it to be increased to help me as I'm craving n getting thoughts of wanting stronger stuff (see previous posts) plus instead of citralopram the doc has put me on Mirtazapine. He's a psychologist n is well respected.
I just hope things start getting better now.

Not judging but can I ask, eteezy, why you are mixing alcohol with sub? (Not criticising you) I'm just curious because it says on the box not to take alcohol. I've had a few glasses of alcohol in the evening so I'd be the last to judge but am curious why you would dose with it???

Evey xxx
alcohol increases the sublingual bio availability if you hold it in your mouth with the bupe

Status
Not open for further replies.