• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

This. With such a small habit, you are not going to require much bupe at all and taking too much will actually raise your tolerance and make the withdrawals worse.. I mean, for only a few vic's a day, any habit of around that size, I normally wouldn't recommend bupe at all, just tapering with the hydrocodone and stopping. The withdrawals will be very mild.

Im finding it easier psychologically to use bupe as a means to quit opis. I mean i got down to 30mg of ah7921 but i couldnt get any lower than that. It was all psychological. With bupe, im now on such a low dose of 0.1 mg that it is not having any recreational effects at all. The gradual taper has allowed to adjust partially to opiate sobriety, and now im just ridding myself of the physical dependency. At the moment Im doing ok on day 2 of 0.1mg, just got cold sweats, nothing worse than that. I'll wait until Im totally adjusted to this dose, then start taking 0.05 until Im adjusted to that. Mission accomplished. Its taken 12 months.

^^^

This. With such a small habit, you are not going to require much bupe at all and taking too much will actually raise your tolerance and make the withdrawals worse.. I mean, for only a few vic's a day, any habit of around that size, I normally wouldn't recommend bupe at all, just tapering with the hydrocodone and stopping. The withdrawals will be very mild.

I agree best to taper without the suboxone. If you're only taking a few Vicodin a day.
However, we'll support you anyway.
Take care,
Evey

Congrats on making it this far, that's awesome! Thanks for the inspiration.

thankyou. I am getting a bit ahead of myself saying ive allready done it, when it reality its still 2 weeks away. I have to put myself in that frame of mind, and take it as done.

Before getting on suboxone, I was on methadone, tops 60mg then reduced to 41mg, went 2 days without any then was given suboxone "outpatient" (spent 5 hours) for 2 days to make sure I was doing fine and not have precipitated withdrawals. All turned out fine, I'm now at 10mg of suboxone. But I don't really take 10mg everyday, sometimes less, sometimes more. Has my tolerance to opiates now significantly dropped ? I'm asking because someone gave me a big bottle of Codeine-Contins 200mg and I'm thinking, hey, maybe I can just fucking taper away with this and get rid of the receptor handcuff (my nickname for bupe...since doing opiates over it, other than tramacet/Zytram which is bullshit anyway, doesn't work). Should I expect something if I don't take bupe for 2 days and then take 2 200mg codeine-contins ? I just want to be rid of this, they're gonna refer me to a pain clinic since I have proven I am not a junkie but just a pain patient that wasn't taken care of, given methadone which made him sick (testosterone/cortisol down in the gutter, other opiates never caused this).

Thanks.

With codeine???
I'm on 8 mg suboxone for codeine addiction.
Anyway I'm here if you want someone to talk to you're welcome to PM me.
Evey xxx

Has my tolerance to opiates now significantly dropped ?

As a matter of fact high-dose buprenorphine is notorious for causing very high tolerance. I wrote about it on the previous page. I did a few breaks from Suboxone and used full agonists. My tolerance is very very high... I doubt that you'd feel codeine at all.

As a matter of fact high-dose buprenorphine is notorious for causing very high tolerance. I wrote about it on the previous page. I did a few breaks from Suboxone and used full agonists. My tolerance is very very high... I doubt that you'd feel codeine at all.

Hiya,
I understand that a lot of you are mad at me. I was put on 8mg suboxone after 800mg codeine havit. I am sincerely sorry for this. I really never meant to offend anyone,
Evey xxx

I have two 8mg strips. Im quitting a light opiate habit (tapered down to a few vicodens a day). How should I take it?

Unless you're gonna relapse or withdrawal is too invasive to your life, Id try to not take any suboxone.

First strip (mg/day) >2,2,2,1,1 then Id wait to see how withdrawal is..

gl

(ofc you could start lower but then you might end up on suboxone for 2-4 weeks, which might not be best for you..)

Last edited:
Going from a few vicodins a day to 2mg of sub is going up the opiate ladder not down it, total overkill. The most you should take would be .5 a day. Throw out the sub and get some Kratom to deal with the Vic WD. Getting on sub for anything but a heroin/methadone habit is a bad idea in my book.

I took 40 mgs of sub last tues then another 40 the next day all orally would 100 mgs of morphine work 2day?

Before getting on suboxone, I was on methadone, tops 60mg then reduced to 41mg, went 2 days without any then was given suboxone "outpatient" (spent 5 hours) for 2 days to make sure I was doing fine and not have precipitated withdrawals. All turned out fine, I'm now at 10mg of suboxone. But I don't really take 10mg everyday, sometimes less, sometimes more. Has my tolerance to opiates now significantly dropped ? I'm asking because someone gave me a big bottle of Codeine-Contins 200mg and I'm thinking, hey, maybe I can just fucking taper away with this and get rid of the receptor handcuff (my nickname for bupe...since doing opiates over it, other than tramacet/Zytram which is bullshit anyway, doesn't work). Should I expect something if I don't take bupe for 2 days and then take 2 200mg codeine-contins ? I just want to be rid of this, they're gonna refer me to a pain clinic since I have proven I am not a junkie but just a pain patient that wasn't taken care of, given methadone which made him sick (testosterone/cortisol down in the gutter, other opiates never caused this).

Thanks.

When I have used Suboxone for a few weeks to a month and gone back to heroin I find my tolerance is not down very much at all. Maybe the first night back using H I will get blasted then my tolerance is pretty much back around where it was. And that is using like 2 mg a day of Suboxone. Your only hope to get a decent high off an 200 mg codeine-contin (which btw I had no idea they made) is to find a way to get it all at once. If you can't beat the time release it might not be enough to cover up the w/d from the bupe.

I took 40 mgs of sub last tues then another 40 the next day all orally would 100 mgs of morphine work 2day?

40 mg of Suboxone a day?!? What a waste. Taking more than 8 mg a day is basically pointless, 40 mg is beyond wasteful. Did you use them sublingually or eat them, because by oral it would imply you swallowed them, also wasteful. And I am not sure if you mean last week so its been a week since you took any or if you mean this Tuesday. But taking that huge of an amount it probably will take about a week for it to leave your system and stop the blockade, so I would say maybe.

Last edited:

40mg's? That can't be correct. The ceiling dose is 32mg's and that in itself is a ridiculously high dose that nobody needs. Most people stop noticing any difference in effects once they get over 8-12mg's.

40mg's? That can't be correct. The ceiling dose is 32mg's and that in itself is a ridiculously high dose that nobody needs. Most people stop noticing any difference in effects once they get over 8-12mg's.

Agreed...anything over 8mg is a waste. And the answer is "no", you won't feel the 100 mg morphine.

Fuckin hell this tiny reduction from 0.25 to 0.1 is prooving quite hard. Its the smallest reduction ive made but i suppose as a percentage type thing its quite a big jump. Day 3 so far, no signs of it getting any easier, i feel this is gonna take several more days until i feel half human again. Im probably gonna stay on this dose until i feel 100% well and adjusted to it, i dont think it'll help me rushing into the next jump before ive fully regained my health and strength.

Im not bed ridden and have energy to walk quickly (i remember really bad wds when all the ancient decrepit OAPs would be overtaking me on the pavements, so relatively this is nothing) and do stuff and type on here, so its not that bad, just a seemingly never ending grotty feeling. Thats just how it seems though, the worst of the grottyness is usually over within 1 week after every reduction. I sometimes take a weeks 'rest and recuparion' on the new dose once the worst of the grottyness has past to try to regain my stamina and mentally prepare for the next stage. 2 more of these stages to go through. This is the pros and cons of the long drawn out taper method ive gone for.

I know stimulants are a very bad idea in this situation, sure they will help enormously in the very short term, but looking further ahead than the few hours of lift, there'll be a comedown, then it'll be difficult to eat and sleep, so im not doing any strong stims, as im sure that'll have a negative effect on 'healing'. However what about benzos, pregabalin, beer (very moderate consumption), and cannabinoids, they seem to help ?

Anyone know if they interfere with or slow down the 'healing' process or if they make no difference, and you might as well take advantage of the apparent easing of symptoms they seem to offer ?

Last edited:
^^
Yeah the lower you go in dose, the tougher the reductions become.. But, you are already at such a low dose, you are going to be okay when detoxing. It will not be that bad. You should feel good about getting as low as you did.

Question for mydrugbuddy and captain, or anyone else who's been on sub long-term and tapered down to sub-milligram doses- do you work? i mean, are you going to your job feeling like garbage when you get lower than .25mg or do you not have a job, or take some vacation days to get through it?

It sounds pretty rough so just wondering how you get through it if you have other responsibilities, when even laying around in bed sounds quite uncomfortable.

Fuckin hell this tiny reduction from 0.25 to 0.1 is prooving quite hard. Its the smallest reduction ive made but i suppose as a percentage type thing its quite a big jump. Day 3 so far, no signs of it getting any easier, i feel this is gonna take several more days until i feel half human again. Im probably gonna stay on this dose until i feel 100% well and adjusted to it, i dont think it'll help me rushing into the next jump before ive fully regained my health and strength.

Im not bed ridden and have energy to walk quickly (i remember really bad wds when all the ancient decrepit OAPs would be overtaking me on the pavements, so relatively this is nothing) and do stuff and type on here, so its not that bad, just a seemingly never ending grotty feeling. Thats just how it seems though, the worst of the grottyness is usually over within 1 week after every reduction. I sometimes take a weeks 'rest and recuparion' on the new dose once the worst of the grottyness has past to try to regain my stamina and mentally prepare for the next stage. 2 more of these stages to go through. This is the pros and cons of the long drawn out taper method ive gone for.

I know stimulants are a very bad idea in this situation, sure they will help enormously in the very short term, but looking further ahead than the few hours of lift, there'll be a comedown, then it'll be difficult to eat and sleep, so im not doing any strong stims, as im sure that'll have a negative effect on 'healing'. However what about benzos, pregabalin, beer (very moderate consumption), and cannabinoids, they seem to help ?

Anyone know if they interfere with or slow down the 'healing' process or if they make no difference, and you might as well take advantage of the apparent easing of symptoms they seem to offer ?

You really should focus more on the reduction as the % you are dropping. Like you said its cutting down below half what you were taking. There was no need to drop down to 40% of your past dose when you could've gone down to .2, then .15 then .1, so you reduce it to 80%, then 75%, then 66%. You wouldn't drop 2.5 mg to 1 so why go .25 to .1, keep the taper reductions @ a standard % decease and you won't notice much of a difference with each drop. But since you already dropped to .1 I would just stay with it, no reason to back track now that its been done already/

Good point RTrain tbh i didnt think of it in % terms until my counsellor pointed it out today. Like you say its done now, Im probably half way there to adjusting to it, so im not going back up. Thanks for the encouragement Mr S. I am going to feel proud of myself when ive done it.

Ellua, no ive been out of work for several months. I allways planned to be free of opis before returning to work. It's just taken me a lot longer than i initially expected. Its taken a year. I think once Im off opis and start to get my benzo dose lowered i will start to feel an increased urgency about getting back into work. It is true that these things numb you to certain realities.

What about the benzos, beers, pregabalin and noids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.