• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big & Dandy Ketobemidone (Ketogan) Thread

LAAM

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Big & Dandy Ketobemidone (Ketogan) Mega Thread

This is the proper place to discuss ketobemidone, a relatively strong opioid drug related to e.g. meperidine and prodine.

Wikipedia: Ketobemidone

---

Original Post by LAAM:
Is it legal in UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine this piperidine narcotic would be illegal pretty much anywhere. I think I read that shit is pretty addictive.

According to United Nations Office for Drug Control "Ketobemidone has been banned from production and sale in the United States and Canada because of its extremely dangerous addiction properties. Ketobemidone is poten-tially the most dangerous narcotic which has been synthesized up to the present time. Withdrawal symptoms from this material are so intense that they are liable to cause death, according to results found at the Lexington Drug Addiction Research Center."
After pressure from US, several European countries banned the substance. Today it can only be found in Denmark and Sweden, possibly also in Norway. The WD is absolute hell - I have been through it several times and it's hardly endurable. But it goes away faster than with heroin. A friend and I used some pills 1979 (the expiration date was 1972) and even though we only ate them they gave us both 3 times the most fantastic drug experiences ever felt in our lives. After renewing our experience with it - this time with proper new ones - we found it not very different from heroin though. Perhaps a more "up" feeling than with H. They are every year the most stolen and sought after pharmaceutical morphinelike preparation in Sweden.

What do you think about the US for doing this, never even allowing this drug into the US and other countries? Do you think this is a good move? Or no?

If I remember correctly it is essentially an opiate with dissosciative anaestetic properties (does it work through the PCP receptor?...I think that is fairly similar to some of the opiate receptors).
I think just combining ketamine and your favorite opiate might be just as rewarding

It has no "dissosciative anaestetic properties".
Yes it is "anaestetic" but not a dissosciative substance.
But I'm not sure about the PCP receptor, but anyways it's like hydromorphone, or carfentanyl
or some shit like that.
[ 26 September 2002: Message edited by: LAAM ]

PapaverPrisoner said:
Today it can only be found in Denmark and Sweden, possibly also in Norway.
That's a bit wrong. I did some research about ketobemidone and found it's also available in Estonia under the name Ketogan Novum. Though it's only available as infusion liquid form.

Pretty interesting substance indeed.

P.S. A little bit of offtopic: does anyone know where to find Estonian -> English converter? =D

Reducing the ketone group of 'bemidone and diacetylating it would surely make a fine injectable.
Also the O-methyl precursor to 'bemidone would be expected to be orally active.

LAAM said:
But I'm not sure about the PCP receptor, but anyways it's like hydromorphone, or carfentanyl
or some shit like that.

thats incorrect.

Ketobemidone is a simultaneous Mu-Opiate receptor agonist and an NMDA antagonist. Supposedly its one of the few compounds able to treat both physical and neuropathic pain causes.

Its HIGHLY illegal and for good reason.

I am from Denmark and have tried ketobemidon (or Ketogan as the brandname is) several times. As a matter of fact I think it was the first opiod I ever tried - at least with any succes. However I don't find it to be more euphoric or better than heroin in any way and I only buy it on days when no heroin is available whatsoever. It might has something to do with the MOA, i.e. I insufflate the heroin whereas I swallow the Ketogan pills. I know ketobemidon exists in a soluable too, which is meant for injection.

I think mostly the hype on Bluelight about this drug is due to it's rarity in your respective countries - because honestly it's just not that good.

Kind regards, -Psyko

jasoncrest said:
Really? Are you from Turkey? Have you tried it?

hey it aint easy to find ketobemidone in Turkey, in fact theres no ketobemidone in turkey:eek:

Yeah but its still inferior to diacetyl, it's cute though.

or some shit like that.

It does have some pharmacological effect on the nmda receptors. those are the same receptors that pcp and ket act through. it doesnt bind with the strength of either drug, and effects are minimal.

It's on my wishlist. Next to Dextromoramide, Remifentanil and Dextro-Alpha-Methadyl. I don't expect to see any of them, though.

People have a weird fascination with opioids that are not available to them. Foreigners seem to feel the same way about OxyContin and Vicodin, which we in the US piss on.

Heroin, Morphine and Hydromorphone are the oldies but the goodies. Universally accepted as the best of the best.

^tis on my wish list as well with oxymorphone, dextromoramide, and nicomorphine.