• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Smoking meth (yes, once again)

shneed

Bluelighter
Alright, I know this topic has been beat to death, but after searching and still not finding a definitive answer to my question I feel I need to ask. I know that some people will not completely inhale meth smoke, but hold it in their mouths, and others don't think twice about hitting it like weed. I know the whole meth recrystallizing in your lungs is bullshit, but I would assume that meth smoke is a lot more damaging than weed or tobacco.
What I'm asking are any first-hand accounts of actualy long-term lung damage from smoking meth. It is quite common to have major throat/lung irritation after a binge, but that goes away. I'm talking about damage for months or years after ceasing heavy use. If anyone has experienced this or knows people who have, please reply with some info. Thanx.

i inhale meth smoke like weed and never had any negative effects ecept for severe dry mouth...now i hot rail the shit its the best method.

A month ago friend of mine had a lung collapse, but he has been smoking about a teener a day for 2+ years. He also smokes cigaretts, no weed though. He got his lung fixed and he's back to puffin away!
[ 21 September 2002: Message edited by: Tijo ]

What is hot-railing? Microwaving a line before you rail it? ;) I like little bumps here and there throughout a couple hours, then settle down for the night...
I tried this method with ice (4-methylaminorex) and was left quite dysphoric. Fell asleep for 6 hours, woke up still high... Past 3 hours I've been eating a bit here and there, taking me to the level I like. Much more pleasant :) Hid the nastiness from last night I was left with upon awaking today.
Wow, sorry to ramble. :p

Hot railing is when you lay out a line and then you get a straight glass piece and heat one end until it's blistering hot. Stick the cold end of the piece in your nose and snort the line with the hot end facing the line. The heat of the pipe will turn the powder to smoke and then you blow out a HUGE amount of cloud.
It's my favorite way to consume speed.

oi have you ever done that with E? would it work?
does it give better effects then just snorting speed?
like does it hit you quicker/harder etc.
how long a glass straw do you use?
that sounds hell interesting i'm definitely gonna try that
[ 22 September 2002: Message edited by: SomeOtherGuy ]

I've never done it with E. I'm old fashioned, I just swallow my E. Although I don't think it would work. (But I don't really know)
It's like smoking it, but the could you get from the hot rail is amazing. Use glass that's about the length of a pen. Effects are felt almost instantly.

I like meth pretty much any way, but different methods are better in different situations for me. If I wanna get tweaked out for a club or something, I like snorting some right before i go in. After the club, I usually smoke a nice bit with friends...the whole social aspect of passing, talking, etc. is great. Hot-railing is fun as hell too, and it's really social i think with the whole ritual of cutting a line, heating the pipe, blowing the smoke. And although it hits you hard (real hard), it's the same as smoking the same amount in one big lungful. And please don't blow out the smoke, gotta hold that stuff in or it's being wasted :) Anyways, enough rambling, gotta get back to ummm...business.

i normally scrape a line or 2 off my pill and eat the rest, i reckon i'll give it a shot hot-railing some, as far as i can tell the worst that'll happen is i'll waste some E

Heh it won't work. The substances burn very differently. You'll just taste some nastyass smoke.

Wait, back up. Now, no one yell at me for asking this, but going back to that crystalizing in the lungs thing? Someone please, please clear this up for me, because I keep hearing/reading conflicting reports. If you're smoking meth and you hold it in, does that mean it's crystalizing? And does that also mean that if you blow it out immediately to avoid this, are you really doing yourself any good or are you merely wasting drugs (the greatest sin of all)?
Forgive my ignorance.

meth cannot recrystallize in your lungs, it is a salt, and dissolves in water, and what makes up 70% of our body's? Yes that's right, water, it's in our lungs too. It does not recrystallize. I do not know about holding it in though, that is another thing I would like to know. I would imagine since it's already going in your lungs it's bad for you, and holding it in isn't gonna make much of a difference, I could be wrong though. Any info anyone?

i haven't tried hotrailing per say, but i have tried it's other cousin.
take a bic pen cap that will fit over the end of your pipe and smoke it like you would normaly. except stick the end in your nose(now you see what the pen cap is for. personally i wouldn't want to put my lips on something i stuck up my nose) and inhale via your schnoz.

I think holding it in your mouth, letting the vapor settle in there is probably about as effective as letting it in your bloodstream via lungs. Personally, I'll stick to oral as I don't like what it can do to one's mouth over time :/

I think alot of the mouth shit is a nasty combo of dry mouth, careless hygene and tweaked out jaw grinding etc..
I have had just as bad if not worse fucked up mouth from snorting or injecting as from smoking.

As was said, when you smoke meth it does NOT recrystallize in your lungs.
From a recreational standpoint, it makes sense to hold in the smoke -- as you will absorb more of the meth. I have gotten high before from my bf shotgunning me, and vice versa...so yeah, don't waste that meth vapour!
As for lung damage...yep, meth smoke is pretty damaging, though probably not quite as bad as cigarette smoking. Still, it could be compared to daily cigarette smoking -- which can lead to a variety of problems over time.
Smoking ANY drug is one of the most harmful forms of drug administration. If you care enough about your health (well, in the first place you shouldn't be using meth heavily if that is the case), then you shouldn't smoke meth on a more than semi-regular basis. Snorting meth is bad too, so try to take your meth orally some of the time to limit the damage to your lungs/throat/mouth.

Thank you all soooo much!! I am new to the Smoking Meth game - always just snorted - and obviously I have been burning my shit! AHHH!! Ok...then, how to clean the brown crude from the bulb?? Been trying to just smoke it down, yea, not working. I end up just putting more meth in! At least I am holding da' smoke da' right way! =)

Just a little addition to all the other posts: From my experience and the people around me, long term use doesn't significantly affect the lungs. A side note is that it *does* affect your teeth. A middle-aged long-term user that I know has a full mouth of dentures. So, ummm, remember to brush. ;)
And hotrailing has the exact same effect that smoking does. You're still inhaling. :)

Funny you should mention that. About the teeth, I mean. I had been toying with the idea of posting a message asking if there were any known correlations between gum disease and smoking meth, because as of late my mouth seems a little sensitive. Flossing is a nightmare. So perhaps it's time I find an alternative method of consumption...?