• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Whats the difference between meth and speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashmetaller

Bluelighter
Sory if this has already been asked. I did a search and found nothing. Its a stupid question Im sure but where i come from all there are is speed and base.
what is meth? is it just purer crystalised speed or what??

meth or crystalmeth is methyl-amphetamin the strongest amphetamin.
speed is somewhat unclear some think it all substances capable of speeding you up like methyphenidate (ritalin), amphetamin, 4-methyl-aminorex (ice,u4ia) or even ephedrin. while other say it only applyable for the amphetamin family.
here speed means a bag of white powder which tweaks you out. noone knows what they are actually taking, except when you have it tested or are into this shit way to deep.

Actually, its a damn good question considering many people don't differentiate between meth and speed. "Meth" is the common name for the chemical Methamphetamine, also called Desoxyn(brand name i think), whereas "speed" usually refers to Amphetamine(dexedrine a brand name, and adderall is a combination of four salts of amphetamine). These are two different drugs! Unfortunately, meth can be referred to as "speed" as well. The difference chemically is that methamphetamine has an extra methy group attatched to the amphetamine molecule. I would suggest looking in erowid for more information on these two molecules, there is quite a wealth there. The timelines are pretty useful for understanding the history of these drugs(and their military and pharmaceutical uses-apparently soldiers on all sides used both in WWII to increase performance).
Be aware, know your drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.