• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what have you learned about yourself today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nephil

Bluelighter
well so far today, I have rediscovered my creativity.
However it has multiplied tremendously since the last time I had it centered.
I think that it is important to step outside of your normal routine and really reflect on what you get out of each and every activity you partake in. There is always something new to learn or re-learn about ourselves, we just need to recognize it more often.

I've realised that I'm a lazy bastard (again) as I was supposed to get up 6.30am and got up at 9am. *Then* I realised that a 6hr round-trip road journey and a full day of work turns you into a grumpy mofo :)

That I am not made out to be a good shoveler. I hate it. I suck at it. Its just not for me ;)

If you live your experiences subjectively but remove yourself from every interaction in life, you learn how to progress whilst enjoying the ride. This way you can see where you're headed, and have knowledge about your knowledge. The most important thing to remember is to take little steps through your path.
Or maybe not?

1024, that is very interesting to hear you say that. It seems that is the point i am at right now, just kinda drifting along from a distance...really watching and observing the world move around me, and you know i feel so much better feeling 'uninvolved'.

Yesterday I learned that I am happier and more productive when I dance. Today I learned that I should not dance so hard.

Where to start. :)
I'll just leave it at this one thing, because all the rest of it is, well - personal.
I am always allowed to feel that my opinions and thoughts are valid. And I don't have to say something interesting to be able to talk, it's still important for me to say it, because it's me. And that, after all, is what the people who choose to spend their time with me are after. If they wanted an idea instead of a person, I would've run them off a long time ago. People love me, and I deserve it. Sometimes I forget even that, but lately I've been reminded.

I learned today that if life disappoints me, then it's my bad for expecting too much of life.
Also, that things are going to get worse before they get better.

That even your best friends can act like inconsiderate assholes, but the best policy is forgiveness. Anger was eating me alive until I let go and saw the true reasons behind the behavior of 2 certain individuals.
I forgave them because I felt sorry for them that they have their heads up their asses a lot of the time. It does not mean that we can not give and receive love.
People love me, and I deserve it. Sometimes I forget even that, but lately I've been reminded.
I'm with ya there Dagny. The support I have received from one friend in particular in this hard time convinced me that my friends are basically terrific, well-intentioned people. :)

that my face twitches when i dont take enough adderall
never knew that before or had it happen
its fucking annoying though i just slapped myself

that...
1. i will probably never get used to waking up early in the morning
2. delivering stuff for a job sucks
3. some people will never get the opportunities that i have gotten even if i dont have much of an opportunity to do or be anything
4.my close friends will always stay my close friends unless they or I die
5. bluelight will never cease to amaze me, no matter how strange or out of this world i think i am there is plenty of people who feel the same way
6. being jelous is absolutely pointless
7. no matter how bad life might seem like its getting and how much shit it seems to throw in my path towards success i seem to finally gained the ability to fully remain comfortable and maintain a positive attitude + keep at watever it is i'm trying to accomplish and not lost hope :)
8. the more tired i get, the more hyper i get
9. i'm prolly going to like the next topic that you (nephil) will post
10. I think about everything i did during the day at the end of it..
11. If i dont make my self stop writing in topics like this the list is going to get extremely large because I never stop analyzing everything everything
12. I even analyze how I analyze everything... lol
ok enuff..
peace
tr6

mariposa420 I have to agree with you. I had a couple of good friends hurt me in a big way last week and found that as pissed off as i was at them, I was able to think through it and forgive them. I learnt that if I had been able to communicate my feelings a lot earlier to one friend in particular, the situation may have been avoided. So i'm going to try and be better at telling people how i feel instead of keeping it inside....

I learned I should not BURN money on drugs that are needed for my career.
Stupid me, I'm getting fixed it though.

The main cause of my low self esteem. And it's only going to cost around $2200 to fix it, and insurance probably won't cover it either :\

i've learned that I give up too easily and I should keep at something until I succeed. i've also learned that I have to get rid of "negative self-talk" because I'm always beating myself up over little things.
peace
RP

Status
Not open for further replies.