• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin addiction / Half Life

eXalin

Greenlighter
So I enjoy taking klonopin recreationally for its effects maybe once/twice a week, I have been limiting myself to this dosage as I know it has a long half life.

I enjoy taking it with alcohol or with weed aswell.

I have been doing this for about 4/5 weeks. I just had 6 days of no clonazepam and expierenced no withdrawls. I took 1 2mg clonzepam last night and 2 nitrazepam 5mgs.

My question is;

Once the drug is completely out of the system(half life), if you don't expierence any withdrawls does this mean you are not physically addicted? I am not dependant on the drug, I just enjoy using it every now and then.

I have noticed I do look forward to taking it and I do kinda count the days, any advice is greatly appreciated!

You certainly don't sound like you're going through physical addiction, maybe a slight mental one
you mentioned you take the pill once or twice a week, you didn't mention how much and if you ever go higher or lower on the dose

THC combo is not unheard of, I never enjoyed it as it just made me more tense and made me feel like taking another one
Don't mix alcohol and benzos, you're asking for trouble

Klonopin has a half life of 18-30 hours in most users, but it's felt for no more than 8 hours
some people can feel it for over 2 days if they take the whole 2mg pill like you did
since you don't experience noticeable physical withdrawls in the days you are not taking it, I would guess you aren't there yet, but as always tolerance will eventually develop

Thankyou for your swift response.

When I mix with alcohol, it is usually 1/2 beers at night with a bong, I have ended up falling asleep with the lights on and computer still on, but apart from that, I've been fine.

I never go more than 2.5 mg, but usually limit it to 1 2mg pill.

To completely remove any possibility of dependance or addiction, could you take say, 2 weeks off, and then you are in the clear and can start cycling to once / twice a week again?, and repeat this process?

Honestly, that depends on too many factors...
TBH, you aren't taking that much less than the recommended amount for anxiety relief
since most people who take it for that purpose would take .5 twice a day

I'd say if you do plan on keeping this up then definitely take those 2 weeks off, you won't be completely in the clear but at least not make you feel like you depend on it and can go long periods without it, it's at least a good reminder of self discipline :)

Thankyou so much for the advice, I am going to take a complete break for 3 weeks and then limit my usage to 2/3 times a month.

I noticed it kinda pops into my mind "Oh I'd like to take a kpin tonight with a couple beers to chill and relax", or "Oh I'd like to take one at work to make time go faster" or "Oh gonna take a kpin, girlfriend stressing me out"

I think I know I am going down a dark path, even if its just the begining, and so as much as I fucking love the effects, I know I am going to have to stop taking them for a bit and then severely limit my use.

I think I have underestimated how subtle but dangerous these lovely little pills creep up on you.

1 or 2 times a week for a little over a month is not going to give you any noticeable physical dependence, any issues with almost all be mental. I have taken klonopin more often for longer periods of time and had no problem stopping them. Like 3-4 times a week for 2 months or so, perhaps smaller doses than you, I would never take more than 1 mg at a time.

You may have developed a tolerance but if you did it was most likely extremely minor. Also, Klonopin withdrawals last a long time (if you do have them) and sometimes don't even start until 4-6 days after your last dose.

TAKE A BREAK MY FRIEND.

I just got 100x2mg Kpins along with some moonshine and I'm fucked! I've already reordered more. I'm also prescribed 3mg a day on top of what I order. Tolerance sucks. If you can take I break I recommend it. I haven't gotten to that point yet my self. (Ordered more).

Benzo addiction sucks. I'm currently seeking counseling.

EDIT: I'm on 30mg of Kpins and 6x350mg Somas.

Last edited:
Holy shit 30mg of kpins? I can't even fathom taking that much, 2/4mg and I'm fine, I try to never go more than 2mg.

I will take your advice and have a break, I would hate to be in your position. I wish you the best of luck as I have heard withdrawls from k are some of the worst you can get.

If I went 1 month without any, would my tolerance be completely gone and any potential for addiction reduced?

Eventually you'll wind up addicted if you continue to plan on taking it. See how long you can go without it. If you want to take the advice that will make your future better, don't fall into the trap that others have. You'll be coming back here in a couple months talking about how you cant stop taking it.

you sound like youre approaching the point of no return

you man not be physically addicted right now, but youre steadily getting closer.

i would reduce as much as possible, once a month, every other month, etc

TAKE A BREAK MY FRIEND.

I just got 100x2mg Kpins along with some moonshine and I'm fucked! I've already reordered more. I'm also prescribed 3mg a day on top of what I order. Tolerance sucks. If you can take I break I recommend it. I haven't gotten to that point yet my self. (Ordered more).

Benzo addiction sucks. I'm currently seeking counseling.

EDIT: I'm on 30mg of Kpins and 6x350mg Somas.

You need help. I was at your point once. 1,400mg Temazepam and up to 40mg Alprazolam daily. My life has vastly improved since I quit Temazepam and now use Alprazolam for my anxiety (2mg).

When I did it recreationally I did not experience withdrawl. And I would take relatively high does, maybe 10-15 mg of clonazepam over a day, for two days ever other week or so. It was not until I took it as prescribed (meaning at least 1-2 mg a day every day) and took benzos recreationally as well, and very large doses too, that I started withdraw.

you will 100% know when you are withdrawing from benzos, and by all means it is HELL ON EARTH.
you do not want to be addicted to benzos.
stop while you still can.
that's my advice.

Last edited: