• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Magnesium to combat bruxism from cocaine?

sgt shroom

Bluelighter
I get bad bruxism from all stimulants. I have heard of using magnesium supliments to combat bruxism for MDMA use. Would this also work for cocaine use? If so, what type of magnesium is advised and at what dosage? Use it just before the drug use or preload for days? All insight is appreciated. Much <3

Just regular magnesium is fine, magneiusm oxide isn't really what you want, it's not absorbed as well.
I usually take one or two 250mg tablets for mdma, and it should work for cocaine as well.
It's not a magic end all solution to chewing your face off however, but it can help.
I've found being well rested and eating and staying hydrated before/during your session will do more to help bruxism than magnesium will

In theory it would be useful due to Magnesium's role as a gatekeeper at the cell wall. There are channels on the cell membrane that allow some things in at certain times and at specific levels. Magnesium is responsible for allowing calcium into the cell when a muscle needs to contract or a nerve needs to fire. Calcium helps it contract. Magnesium helps it relax. Magnesium is responsible for pushing the calcium out of the cell when the job is done. This allows the cell to return to normal and await its next command.

If you decide to use Magnesium I would opt for a chelated Magnesium Citrate formula.

Magnesium as some NMDA antagonist property so it might relax your CNS alittle, im not sure if it going to be enough for bruxism though but its worth a try.

Magnesium worked great from bruxism when I used to use amphetamine (meth and MDMA included). It should work with any stimulant so yes cocaine.

You will find you won't be as tensed up and wont suffer from cramps when using stims with a good magnesium supplement.

Magnesium works well for me for both MDMA and coke related Bruxism (and other drug issues such as restlessness). The best form of magnesium is chelated. It's very hard to find in my area so I order it online. PM me and I can tell you the brand I am currently using. It really does work wonders.

Thanks for the insight guys. Is there any form of magnesium that you would recommend besides the citrate? I have stomach issues already and the thought of taking a laxative with my blow is scary to me. Lol