• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Self Detox From Diacetylmorphine Using Methadone

Al Prazolam

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I am looking for some advice to help undergo self-detox at home. I will supply information which I believe to be relevant to my situation, if you feel I have left out any important information, please let me know. Currently, I use just less than a half of a gram of diacetylmorphine(heroin) daily, smoked. I have obtained a 110 mg dose of liquid methadone, as well as a dropper which measures milliliters. I also have easy access to more methadone, should I need it. I am very familiar with several different types of opioids, and am very much aware of the dangers/benefits of detoxing using methadone, so I don't need any "crash courses" on the dangers involved. I have used methadone in both liquid and pill form several times to get by, but have never attempted to self-detox in this manner. Now I would not, of course, drink the entire 110 mg dose at one time; I find that 30 mg will keep me well for more than 24 hours. My question, or one of my questions, is, how could I convert milliliters to milligrams so that I may know how much I am taking each dose, and also, what are some of your suggestions as to how I should divide the 110 mg methadone dose? The goal is to taper, going down as much as possible each dose without experiencing any major withdrawal symptoms, as I work full time and cannot afford to be sick at work or take any time off work. Does anybody think it would be possible to detox using just this one 110 mg dose? Also, last time I used methadone, I dosed a little more than 24 hours apart for three days, and ended up getting sick due to the long half-life of methadone, and apparently, my serum levels were too high. A mild overdose, I would guess. Any suggestions from persons familiar with my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Al P.

Last edited:
I'm going to move this over to the Other Drugs subforum as they will be able to help you better with your taper plan.

Good luck. :)

How much methadone solution do you have?
Lets say you got 50ml then take 110 divided by 50 which is 2,2mg per milliliter and the rest you can figure out.

I really can't give you any advice on the schedule.