• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine does missing a shot of coke still absorb?

therealog

Greenlighter
So I know there's no bellringer if u miss but does it still produce stimulant effects?

YES.. absolutely yes... it just takes a bit longer to kick in and will last longer as well.. so if your going to redose please take this into consideration. And maybe this is a good time to take and hour or so break and let that miss work through..

I hate when I miss. the ONLY reason I shoot coke is for the rush. That's it. And I miss a lot lately with my hands shaking so fucking much.

this recently happened to me near the top part of my vein to the bottom right of my left hand. It kinda hurts right now(throbbing pain not sharp unless i twist or overextend/overuse the hand and it's been 30 minutes so maybe i'm thinking i hit a nerve?
)
anyone with any insight

It's wise to not miss or just quit self-IVing all together.

Also, I don't see why it wouldn't be absorbed even if you drained it into a muscle.

Of course it absorbs. No bell ringer, but definitely absorption... If you miss a shot of coke it's time to take an hour or more off of your binge or put it away for another day.

What about meth? I've missed shots of meth, but felt no effect, even hours after the fact, and we're talking 200-400mg shots. I'm not asking if it absorbs, I'm asking if intramuscular injections can hypothetically be recreational (not if they should be)

^^

Every shot, no matter the drug, gets absorbed eventually if missed. You are essentially doing a subcutaneous injection that way. The BA is lower like that, and of course there is no rush, so it explains why you don't feel it anywhere near as much. It also comes on very slow. A hot compress, massaging the site for 15 mins or so does a great job of speeding up the absorption.

In my country (France), I know some guys who actually "skin-pop" cocaine on purpose.
It's not a real trend, I don't inject (any kind of injections, but I don't care if my friends shoot up at my place, I really don't give a f... it's just that I don't want to do it myself, partially thanks to bluelight) but I know a bunch of people who do (inject), since I work in a "Caruud" (places where we do harm reduction), and most cocaine users IV it.
But several small groups of (generally young, about 20 years old, go to festivals to do MDMA/XTC, have rich parents but like to live "wild", dress like poor druggies and sleep and beg on the street, calling people who don't give them coins "hey fucking bourgeois fuck off anarchy man", go back to there parent's house during the winter while they friends who are actually poor have to sleep in the streets, etc etc) users use the skin-popping method for coke...

I always tell them that it's very dangerous, and that they should either snort it or, if they really use a rig, to IV it but they are not the brightest bunch.
It's always "but SC injections aren't as serious as IV or even IM, dude I don't wanna be a junky, it's not as hardcore or dangerous as really shooting up here I'm just penetrating the skin a little bit, blababullshitbla".
You can imagine my reaction. ABSCESSES + you're using a needle anyway so don't think your better than people who IM or IV.

Sorry for the rant mesdames et messieurs, but I remembered them when I saw this thread.... also that oil makes me chatty =)

Yah missing a shot of coke is interesting because my whole are would get numb. Even if I slipped out at the very end and missed maybe 10units, my whole are would still get numb