• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is my Boyfriend using Heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisonsandy

Greenlighter
I am a former opiate addict, and my boyfriend is a former heroin addict. I have tried H once, with him, however I am not too keen on the signs/paraphenelia of use.

After a 3-4 week break (his emotions were all over the place, I felt he was lying about about some things) our first night together I saw bruises on his arms. He just started a new job, which he says the bruises are from. After taking a closer look they were all on veins, and a greenish yellow bruising. One being on the inner part of the arm where an IV would go, do you think its possible to actually get a bruise in that area?

He swears he as not been using.

The day before this he picked me up in his cousins car, who he used to get heroin from and I know still uses.

After it driving me so crazy I wanted proof, I asked him to get drug tested, he said he would just to prove it to me, after 5 days I think he was hoping I'd forget. I noticed him being in the bathroom for 15 minutes at a time, in the middle of the night I heard him fishing around in his closet, He was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes, came back in with a cold water bottle (when we had a case of room water in the bedroom)

The following night I went through his trash in his bedroom. I found many qtips that looked like they had dark dried up blood on them, along with 2 empty drug bags that looks like some powder was in it. Also he had many lighters in his nightstand (he does not smoke). Also I know he is making good money at work, last night he made a comment that he is already broke.

He does not seem messed up, he has seemed very together, but I can never tell with him. When I confronted about the bloody/ dark qtips he said his ear was bleeding ( trying to get an earring back throught today), but these qips were clearly not from one day. He said he bought a few percocet this week, and that is where the baggies are from, however last time He did H I told him I couldnt be with him if he was going to use.

Last clue was he has not been able to finish- orgasm the last couple times we ve had sex.

He swears hes not using. I feel like a crazy girlfriend, but feel i'm being lied to. Everything could be a huge coincidence but I have a very strong feeling about this. I would think some one who was not using H would want to go over and beyond to show he wasn't?

Try piss testing the urine he has in the toilet, you might get that to work, otherwise, openly make him give you his urine so you can test him. if you don't like those two options, just remember, everybody lies. If he's showing obvious signs like he is, like the car, and the water bottle and drug bags, he's using something, and more likely than not it's heroin because its his drug of choice

LOL! As a former heroin and current opiate addict, he's so full of shit! :sus:

Speculation here:

The yellow bruising is prob from poking a needle through the vein. Sounds like he recently relapsed to me. He might be lying to himself and you. He thinks he can keep things under control or has no intention of using very often. Most heroin addicts have been there and most end up with a habit again.

gl

most addicts, even myself, have neglected to bother going "above and beyond" to hide it. A. because we just don't care often times. B. we assume most others won't react too badly, some of us take our partners for granted, either because they let us or just because we think it'll be okay. C. he's high and it changes his attitudes

If his pupils are tiny in bright light, that's a sure sign, also if he starts nodding his head as if tired and going to sleep that's a sign. Watch for track marks, compulsive lying, mood swings, and attitude in general. I say mood swings because if he's in withdrawal he may seem agitated; he may sneeze a lot, sweat, have the sniffles.

All signs point to yes, he is using heroin. Bruises from his job on his arms along he veins? Get real, its pretty obvious. And its very easy to not seem really messed up while on heroin, you say you were an opiate addict, well heroin isn't any different. Same high with as oxy, hydro and such with some minor differences and it provides a initial rush when IV'd. Its all a matter of how much you use, an 80 mg OC is much harder than 20 mg of some decent dope.

And being that he is starting a new job, its could be the stress from the new job that turned him back to heroin. It is often stressors like that which lead addicts back to their old crutches.

Ahh, yeah I've been this dude many many times. We always think we're so slick and clever, but in reality, we're as obvious as a kick in the head... your guy is no different. Those are all classic signs. I usually don't like these kind of threads because it really is speculation but... with what you said, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that yes, he is using.

Now you have to figure out what you wanna do about it. Don't be surprised if you call him out on is and tell him how obvious it is yet he still denies it. The drugs put up a wall where we really think we can hide this crap and lie our way out of it, even when it's blatant to everyone around us.

He has to want to stop. There's nothing you can really do short of expressing your desire to see him clean or leave him.

Pretty much everything you have said is what me ex fiance went through before leaving me for using heroin and oxy...posts like this just make me realize how horrible of a person I was to her when it came to lying about my drug use...I took her for granted like he's doing to you, and I don't blame her for one bit for leaving me after putting her through all that bullshit...but like others have said, and what o expierenced, he isn't gonna stop for anyone but himself. If he's not ready to he wont...I would say a good heart to heart between you two is in order, but don't expect him to tell you the truth no matter how much evidence you confront him with....opiates are an evil subtsbance...more so than any other drug I've ever done and I've pretty much done and has been addicted to them all.good luck to you, please keep us posted on the situation.

Didn't read the whole thing but I have an idea that might work. Tell him (not just straight up) that you have been using. He might confess once you tell him you're using. After a day or two, you can tell him that it was a lie or something.

Yeah.....I'd say so. You found empty dope bags? That's usually a pretty sure sign. Bruising on his arms? Yeah. That's where I used to hit til the veins stopped shooting back blood. Now I have to use my neck or legs. But yeah, I'd say so.

I think you already know that he's using. I think he knows that you know. I think he thinks you won't do anything about it. Addicts know how strong the power of denial can be and they will use this to their advantage.

Definitely sounds like he's using.

Try piss testing the urine he has in the toilet, you might get that to work

No, that would never work. It would be way too watered down to get a positive result.

Last edited:
Theres your answer OP, I second what everyone is saying, hes clearly using

Don't act like a bitch... This is pure honesty. ?If you do he will hide it way harder than he already is.

He will work with you if it is readily available to him... He will be worried about financial goals...

Sobriety is a really hard thing to make a decisive decision on...

All those signs could possibly be explained by something else until the drug bags.
You're not crazy, you want him to be honest, you know how horrible opiate addiction is.
Don't sound patronizing when you talk to him, sound empathetic.
Don't say you just want to help him because that will throw his guards up as he doesn't want to admit he has a problem, even if it hasn't progressed back to addiction.
TBH it sounds to me like he wants to get caught, leaving drug bags in the trash when you knew he'd be coming over?
Not very smart in my opinion

Sounds like you may be paranoid. Its not what you can suspect it is what you can prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.