• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom, not bad

J_has_L

Greenlighter
So, i got this kratom stuff for the first time from a local herb store. I hafta say its really mild, but completely enjoyable. Its funny because i havent been able to get a benzo prescription, and kratom works a hell of alot better than the bunk ass anxiety meds my doctor gives me. It seems like a great healthy alternative for treating anxiety. Plus its kinda cool because the guy told me that the particular batch i got is harvested by a small family business that gets their product from over a hundred year old trees (as opposed to a commercial tree farm).

I would say if it has any downfall at all its that its so mild it makes me want to bump it up a notch and take it to the next level. But, you cant redose or up the dose because it will eventually end up making you sick:(. Still its a good mellow buzz.

Has anyone else tried this stuff and gotten positive results?

The kratom mega thread has lots of good information. Kratom is great but it is an opiate, and will cause dependency and w/ds if taken too often.

That's cool it works for you. I've been stockpiling the stuff for later use; I have 1 kg borneo red, 500g sumatra white vein, 100g bali premium. I'm using mine to relieve future WD's in an opiate detox, so it's reassuring to know it's working for people. Btw: did you take enough to achieve an "opiate" analgesic effect? (It's the reason i'm into it, and why I'm buying so much....

Also, what strain did you buy? And was it cheaper to buy it through a herb store?

I took some today, like twenty caps. Feels like I took a couple Ativan. It's kinda lame.

Yeah, I've kinda been hearing mixed reports on this one, ranging from placebo to full blown opiate highs; it's one of a number of drugs I'm researching right now.

IME high quality bali is just as euphoric as hydrocodone, It's all about finding a quality supplier. Most of the capsulated crap you find in head shops is very low quality and very over priced. You want to find an online vendor who imports fresh kratom on a regular basis.

I think I've found a good supplier; their feedback is excellent. They're a "kratom only" vendor, which I'm told is a good sign. They just sell leaves and powders, no extracts. (Apparently, those are not really "extracts" in the true sense of the word- just more finely ground leaf).

It's a very interesting plant/drug- I just hope they don't ban it. That would be stupid.

That's cool it works for you. I've been stockpiling the stuff for later use; I have 1 kg borneo red, 500g sumatra white vein, 100g bali premium. I'm using mine to relieve future WD's in an opiate detox, so it's reassuring to know it's working for people. Btw: did you take enough to achieve an "opiate" analgesic effect? (It's the reason i'm into it, and why I'm buying so much....

Also, what strain did you buy? And was it cheaper to buy it through a herb store?

I got the golden kali strain. It has effects that mainly calm anxiety. They have other strains that deal more with pain, or energy. Im gonna try a strain more for pain next time. Im definately getting more. I think it was 16 bucks for an oz. I havent checked anything online.

Ive been on the shit pretty regularly for several days now, and i hafta say its got me more fucked up than i thought it would! Its no dilaudid, but its every bit of taking several hydrocodone.

That's the only problem with a natural products like kratom: so many strains, no guarantee of strength or quality. I've heard the red veined ones are better for pain, while the whites are more energetic. I've actualy heard of people becoming addicted to this stuff. Do you think that's even possible? (It's amazing how little objective data there is on this drug).