• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safest OTC Painkiller to pop?

nickkessels

Greenlighter
Dear, Forum

I'm in pain and my doc doesnt want to prescribe me any prescription pain killers.
The pain i experience is mental pain im on anti depressant and a all the other shit but it just doesnt work.
I just want to pop pain killers.

Someone got a idea?

Greetings,

Nick

Hi, welcome to BL .. There are zero OTC painkillers that will ease mental pain, unless you are speaking of a headache. Opiates will prevent you from experiencing physical and mental pain by changing the way your mind experiences said pain - of course these are generally Rx-only. Please don't "pop pain killers" to deal with mental distress. If it's a headache then aspirin w/ caffeine and/or codeine (if available) works best. NSAIDS like ibuprofen are best for muscle aches whereas tylenol is good for general pain and fever. The risk with NSAIDS are generally related to GI discomfort or ulcers whereas non-NSAIDS tend to be hepatoxic thus should be avoided by those with liver problems or those who drink alcohol habitually.

Excedrin is a good one that worked well for me for headaches. As far as mental pain, it might benefit you to see a psychiatrist. Perhaps they can help you to get to the cause of what's causing it.

From my understanding, mental and physical pain are both mediated upon the same neuropathways. So while an opioid may temporarily ease your mental anguish, that will only last until you run out of pills. This mode of thought that a pill will fix your problems is just setting yourself up for a drug dependency. Which in the long run will likely make your life more of a living hell.

In most parts of the world opioids are not available for purchase over the counter. There really isn't anything to be recommended.

lol you won't find any OTC opiate pain killers (unless codeine is otc where you live). You will only find NSAIDS that decrease pain by blocking inflammation (no high or good feelings). If you can get codeine otc, it's usually combined with an nsaid like tylenol or ibuprofen to thwart abuse from ppl looking to get high. You will need to do a cold water extraction so you don't kill your liver by od'ing on tylenol

Okay, so if your trying to get high or ease mental pain, lessen anxiety, depression ect., otc painkillers aren`t gona do shit. But there are some options I can think of. Have you heard of gabapentin? Another stronger version of this drug would be lyrica (pregabalin). I`ve been prescribed it for anxiety and honestly, it`s one of the best highs for me outside of opiates. Right now it`s said that this drug is non-addictive so your doctor I think would be alot less hesitant to give you this, and my doc always seems to want to increase my dosage because hes happy that it works for me. I like the feeling better than a benzo honestly, and doctors give this stuff out like candy. Just be warned though, that it IS addictive no matter what the docs say, I don`t wanna lead you into thinking this is some miracle drug, I`m having some issues coming off of it and even posted a thread about it not to long ago. But recreationally this drug is underrated AF IMO. I love this drug other than it can be a bitch to come off, but opiates are worse so I`m guessing that you are willing to look past that.

Also kratom is an opiate that can be bought online and is legal to my knowledge. I have no real experience with this one so not much further on that sorry.
But seriously give the gabapentin or lyrica a try if you want. It helps alot of people but as I stated before there are draw backs, but in the drug world nothing is ever quite as black and white as it seems. Best of luck to ya. :)

Codeine linctus is otc depending on where you live. 500 mg per bottle 5mg per teaspoon.
You could get poppy heads delivered also.