• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack and severe jaw tensing and spasming

Sphinx88

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
So I'm a heroin addict but occasionally (a little more often recently) I've found that I need something more. I smoke crack a few times a week in the evenings, don't really go overboard, a few hoots with my boyfriend before we watch a movie or whatever. So anyways, the stuff we had been getting until recently was known to be relatively weak stuff, it would take quite a bit to get a good buzz but was nice and mellow and super ebjoyable. The other night we got some "good" stuff and as soon as I exhaled my jaw immediately got really tense and started spasming so badly I could barely speak. My teeth were chattering and I had to even myself out with some down. I know that jaw clenching is somewhat common with crack and cocaine use but this seemed really severe. It went away after a few minutes but I thought I'd check and see what your guys thoughts were. Should I be concerned?

I don't know about crack (no personal experience) but I know that with amphetamines I can get some major jaw tension and teeth chattering! No matter what I cannot relax my jaw for hours and my muscles will be sore for days afterwards. Even if I can finally sleep otherwise, sometimes my jaw will be clenched so bad I cannot relax it enough to rest.

I'm sure some others will jump in with some advice better than me...I just wanted to say I feel ya!

See that's the thing, I barely did any. That's why I was concerned. First hoot and it happened right away. I smoked a bit more this evening..I was nervous but thought I'd give it another go to see what happened and same thing happened at first but then it went away really quickly and I was fine. Very odd