• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Stupid question, hope someone can help

david_351

Bluelighter
Hey all, don't post in the BL forums as much as I used too. I have been experiencing mild withdrawals but I am unsure as to what I can blame it on. I am currently tapering off a benzo habit and doing really well with that went from 6mg clonazepam daily for 2 years down too 5mgs of diazepam daily now since I started the taper in march. I tried to quit clonazepam cold turkey twice and only managed 2 days before I manipulated a few different doctors to give me zopiclone which helped until I found a good doctor who put me on a proper taper plan.

That's kind of irrelevant because as far as the benzo taper goes I am doing great. My question regards *possible* opiod withdrawals or cipralex. I am trying to figure out which. I have been using poppy seed tea daily for about 4 months but the seeds are from a large dept store and are so washed they do not provide any effect except for a light mood lift. And for the last month not even that. They don't even color the water anymore. I was also prescribed cipralex during my benzo taper but did not start using it till July. I have weened myself off this one from 20mgs a day to 0 over the past 3 weeks. I have experienced mild to moderate withdrawal symptoms starting a few weeks ago, I had shortness of breath, the shits, heightened anxiety and extreme lethargy and self loathing. I had also not taken my shitty poppy seed tea for 3 days at the time that happened. Since then physical effects have mostly gone away leaving just some risidual anxiety and lethargy, and occasional insomnia. I am still taking a small amount of the tea each day, despite the fact I get no effects out of it, not even relief of the above mentioned symptoms.

In your humble opinion, does it sound like the effects are from the cipralex or tea? I'm leaning towards cipralex myself, in which case I can stop wasting my shitty money on shitty tea. What do you guys think?