• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Septsober - The September gettn and stayn sober thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad lib

Ex-Bluelighter
August can be found here

This thread is for anyone who is trying to stay sober/get sober. Lets use this as a means to encourage each other each step of the way :)

We can do this

m4.jpg

*As always, forum guidelines and the BLUA apply*

Last edited by a moderator:
im in!

i had a beer and a cig today but it was fathers day and i hadn't seen the thread yet so ill wipe my slate clean

ive been back on my supp regime for 5 days and already feel im getting close to the [feeling on drugs while clean] mentality

the vices i want to starve off affection to are weed, cigs, alcohol and molly, i know that might sound insulting to those quitting difficult drugs to get off but ive been lying to myself for the past 3 years abusing weed so i want to see if this month can show me how to prioritise things in life and have more control over my actions

good luck guys! i know ill need it %)

p.s. is the photo from a previous bl photography comp thread? its vry fitting i dig i dig

Awesome, mysterie! I'm glad to hear you're in.

Mine is benzos. I know I've been saying that for a while now, but I need to try harder. Tapering is hard for my personality type, and cold turkey is very dangerous from benzos so I have to really put my all into it.

The photo was posted in the August sobriety thread by neversickanymore. I'm not sure where he got the pic, but I thought it was fitting too =D

01_sept13_03.jpg

September starts another change in the seasons and another in all of us<3

This is special for me as it represents a whole cycle of seasons free of active addiction for me<3<3<3

Man that feel good to say=D

Me and my dad talked about not drinking in a roundabout way for some time now. We were doing alright this week. But today I messed up and didn't even try to hide it. There I am going to the store for beer and I knew he was disappointed in me. That didn't stop me and I drank all of them. I feel like such an asshole because I let him down without caring. I really want to stop this.

A fresh month is upon us, T. Calderone..
Use this opportunity to focus on fixing your approach to alcohol..
Show your dad you can do it <3

Don't beat yourself up TC.. (one of my true best friends was named tom collins so it so natural for me to call you TC:) ).. you are the shit and dealing with an addiction cant and doesn't change that.

A brand new month :), reflecting back on August I am very satisfied with the progress I made in that month. The end of the month was the real turning point for me but since then, there's been no looking back. Tonight is the ending of my 10th day of tapering.

The leaves in Florida do not turn those beautiful autumn-y tones but here is a beautiful picture I think is meaningful, Autumn and reflections :).

autumn_reflections__vermont.jpg

In August I bit the bullet and saw a psychiatrist and psychotherapist to be diagnosed for my anxiety and addiction (to etizolam/benzos) and to be prescribed tapering medication to start the process. I tried to taper from etizolam myself but was unable to because of the short halflife. Since then I've been prescribed and am under and following doctors orders for a taper plan, it's working out amazing. I have no doubt I will succeed with this process :). I was even prescribed a lower equivalent dose to what I was taking but I made a promise to my psychiatrist that I would not take anything other than what they prescribed and I've stuck to that.

Addy I hope this month is a good one in making headway with your benzo addiction. I can't praise enough how helpful admitting my addiction to a doctor was. I will definitely recommend you try it. I don't think you will be sorry :). Self medication with benzos was a huge monkey on my back. It's helped me so much being under the supervision and advice of a doctor. Even knowing that has helped me so much beyond the medication. Having a therapist combined with a taper plan has helped a lot as well. Of course I don't want to force my idea and my plan on you, only you know what is best for you. Regardless of your method I KNOW you will make progress this month <3. This is a long-haul and we're in it together. <3

Mysterie that is great :) there is a reason this is called the getting/staying clean thread. Every little victory towards getting clean and feeling normal, however you find works best for you is how it's done :). Way to go, keep it up!

T.C as always pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep on going ;) <3. It's a new month make the best of it!

Goodnight all! Success is ahead of us :)!

Last edited:
Solid work, Stardust..
Im proud of you, and hope to see you continue to power on through this month :)
I think this month I will focus on my eating habits and fitness routines.
It will be a really good way to take my mind off other things.

thank trip <3 Annnnd the start of Day 11 I can definitely say I don't miss waking up with panic stricken anxiety overy nothing (that doesn't go away even though I take the dose early) until noon. No I don't miss that at all :). Feeling stable and happy :).

I need to work on my eating habits and exercise as well trip. That's an awesome goal for this month. Do you have any specific diet restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, etc?). Did you make up any written ideas for how you're going to work it yet?

I think I'm going to start walking again, since the summers are so hot in Florida it's impossible to walk outside (or atleast I like to use that as my excuse :sus:). Once it starts cooling down mid Sept. I'm going to start a walking routine with the dogs for the morning and evening since I am currently working from home and now have more flexible time. =D

Happy day(s)!!!! Hello Sept. 1st :) Lets make this day a good one guiz!!!! <3

Great start to the "Septsober" thread, folks.

Here's my September About Me:

Near the end of July I pushed my chems use too far (as had become a pattern). During a particularly bad tryp, where I was close to having a stroke, I realized how much I still want to do with my life, and how I have so much to share with my kids, girlfriend, and more...

I realized I couldn't moderate, and that I was a compulsive user, who can't get enough of a good feeling. I was using psychedelics of all sorts, stims of all sorts, and lots of alcohol to go with those stims. On July 28th I set out to quit all three, with a marijuana exception.

It worked for about 13 days; and then I relapsed when I found some leftover product, and used it up.

Then, in about mid-August, I found my bong shattered on the floor of my garage. Dogs must have done it...or something!? Anyway, after that I haven't used MJ either. I still smoke cigs and drink alcohol (*I have a "with company" rule*). But all in all, I feel great today. The cravings were worst after around 10 days, and after that things have become a lot easier.

So Sept 15th comes around, I'll have hit that "official" 30-day point where I can pass a UA. Sweet!

Glad to see other positive stuff from you all.

I love the autumn!

That is a wonderful timeline of consecutive progress Just A Guy I love reading recaps of the previous month and how we've done, even the mistakes and slip-ups. Admitting is a sign of progress in addiction I believe and I think it's important to note that otherwise you are doomed to continue lying to yourself and forgetting about it. Sept. 15th I have my 2nd appt with my psychiatrist to re-evaluate my taper plan so that's a big day for me as well. 30 days is such a beautiful number. I used to look at it as such a short time but in actuality it is not at all. When I was in rehab 30 days felt like an eternity, and even moreso when you are quitting on your own will power. <3 Keep it up man I love reading your progress! <3

I'm in. No alcohol, tramadol, or marijuana as of today. I will finish my benzo taper by the end of September or early October and be completely sober.

Theoretically.

I haven't been sober since Clinton was president, so this will be interesting.

Good to have you it with us nervous! WOW I am so jealous and happy for you with your benzo taper progress! That will be so wonderful to be completely finished within a month. I know how long and tough the process is. How are you feeling? Tell is what it's like from the other side :).

<3

Day 14 of no alcohol. Still am smoking and eating a bit of marijuana, but I live in WA and have my medical, so technically it is a prescription. Don't smoke every day, however.

I am just amazed about how much better I am feeling just after two weeks of not toxifying my body!

munki, that's 2 whole weeks! I had a long stint with alcohol where I would drink a bottle to a bottle and a half of wine per night. I developed really strange symptoms and actually was convinced I was infected with black mold (I even went to a doctor about black mold lol). I finally was able to pry myself off of my daily drinking habbit and it's amazing how easily the body makes excuses for feeling shitty from alcohol. It's like it tries to hide the toxicity because of it's addiction.

You are so much healthier now and will be so much happier without alcohol. Keep it up, even if it's just for today! Hell we're all staying sober for today so you're not alone <3.

As for me it's the ending of my 11th day. Feeling great, evened out and level headed. It's a wonder what this taper plan has done for me in just 11 days (just shy of 2 weeks). I was so worried about it at first, especially since I was starting the taper at a lower dose than I had been taking myself before seeing a doctor. If the rest of this taper is as gentle as it's been I will be more than fine. I will actually be functional! Which I've been on the brink of unfunctional (with self medication) or so long.

Addy, I'm always here if you need an ear to listen <3. You can do it babe! <3

ry9vTJN.png

Sending <3 Love <3 to you all!!! Keep it going strong!

checking in on day 2, ive been sun bathing and took the dog for a walk, im going to go to yoga tonight because i want to do at least 30 mins of cardio for these 30 days as well as a mood lifter

mon-fri i can deal with no substances its just the weekends that challenge my self-control :x

this is what i imagine this thread as a picture in my head, evry1 stay strong <3
teamwork-skydivers-ii-print-c10007532.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.