• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Acupuncture for heroin withdrawal/recovery. Experiences?

bobbyjones

Greenlighter
I had my first acupuncture session today. This is after doing 2 years of suboxone and relapsing every time I came off it. I was just wondering if anyone here has done this, and how it worked for them. My withdrawal seems to be going away and I'm doing this more in hopes that it'll help curb my cravings.

I am still doing acupuncture for my comedown symptom and it has helped quite a lot with the head pressure. We have a thread about Acupuncture in the Healthy living forum http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/681145-Acupuncture. Some of us who has gone through treatments felt way much better and that includes lowering anxiety and such.

I did acupuncture when I was in detox and treatment over a year ago, and I found it to be a helpful tool in my recovery. I found it to relieve some of the stresses and pressures felt in withdrawal. I won't say it is the be all end all of help, but even if it just provides some form of relief I am all for it. It should help with cravings for sure!

I always found acupuncture very helpful the times I had it done while detoxing! I didn't have the opportunity this last few times, so I had almost forgotten thanks for reminding me! It really took the edge off of my symptoms physically and mentally a decent amount. :)

It's one of those things that works as good as you believe it will.

Had acupuncture treatments coming off a heroin habit in the late 90's. I will never forget how bad I was shaking going into that first appointment. Shaking like a leaf on a tree in a thunderstorm. After that first session I wasn't shaking anymore and I was so relaxed, until the effects started to wear off in a few hours. Since then I have used acupuncture for suboxone w/d, alcohol w/d, benzo w/d, sleeping problems, and anxiety with positive results.

My favorite is to get some gua sha massage after the acupuncture, uh feels so good. It definitely helps my g.f is a licensed acupuncturist/TCM herbalist.