• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Here we go...

jhm2800

Greenlighter
... another schmuck doing detox! Starting Thursday, got a 3-day break from work. Gonna see my shrink Thursday morning... I think he's going to help me with some Valium. Heretofore, I've just gone plain cold turkey. I've been cycling suboxone, Tramadol, Vicodin, Oxys, and some sort of coedine thingy (lol)! Fentanyl used to be in my rotation, but I've learned I couldn't do that and work with any degree of effectiveness.

Wish me luck... please! :(

Good Luck! <3

Do you have insurance? If so I'm almost certain at least a few days at a Detox Facility would be covered, where they would be able to give you meds you needed while supervised.

If not, definitely speak with a doctor. Maybe a general practitioner not just a shrink, but I suppose that'd be better than no doctor! Stay positive. Eat healthy + exercise for the win! :)

Thanks, I really appreciate the support! :)
Around where I live, I think a chemical dependency program is required if I were to go to a facility. At least that's what I did last time I didn't do it at home. And I don't have time for a program.
But I dunno. I'm going to do it at home... but thanks for the idea!!

Good luck! I wish you the best. If not going to a detox facility than I STRONGLY recommend at least seeing a regular doctor, and being totally honest with him/her about the situation.

Let us know how things go! :)

Thanks again!
Hey... do you - or anyone else - know if THC (yes, that) has an effect on the process? Make it easier or worse... or neither?

Hey jhm2800.. welcome to BL. and congratulations on making the descion to take the path to a free life<3

... another >ADDICT THAT HAS MADE THE AMAZING DECISION TO START A NEW LIFE AND< detox! Starting Thursday, got a 3-day break from work. Gonna see my shrink Thursday morning... I think he's going to help me with some Valium. Heretofore, I've just gone plain cold turkey. I've been cycling suboxone, Tramadol, Vicodin, Oxys, and some sort of coedine thingy (lol)! Fentanyl used to be in my rotation, but I've learned I couldn't do that and work with any degree of effectiveness.

Wish me luck... please! :(
fixed that for you;)

Best of luck!!

Here are some medications that will make this process allot better for you

clonidine, http://www.rxlist.com/lamictal-drug.htm neurontin vitamine D and possiblr melatonin in the mix.

Also have you thought about how you are going to facilitate a successful and happy life in recovery.. we only get a two or three day reaspute before the paws kick in and it is way better to plan and implement a course of action before starting the withdrawal process;)

You can do this and freedoms just a little bit away.. always keep your eye on the prize.. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/663215-Good-things-about-being-off-drugs-getting-sober <3=D

Last edited:
lol NSA I love you, you're so positive like all the time and it's awesome.

OP, good luck! How are you feeling so far? Probably not too bad yet. Just keep in mind that it's just a few days process and it will be over soon :) The sooner you're able to get up and moving around the better, but honestly the best advice I can give you during this rough time is to LISTEN to your BODY. It knows what it needs (and that is not opiates I promise even if that's what it's telling you). Like, if you're thirsty drink water (you should do that anyway though). If you're lacking energy, you probably need to eat (which sucks to do at first but it really does help). If you're cold, take a hot shower or bath. You know, basic health kinda stuff. It just helps your body heal faster and makes the time go by more quickly. Well, not really, but it makes the passing time feel less torturous haha. and remember to celebrate any small victories along the way.

good luckkk, you're doing something awesome. <3

Thank you all so much for your comfort and advice! Things have not gotten so bad yet, but it's coming. I saw my Psych. this morning and he prescribed me several meds, including clondine, seroqual, neurontin, and valium, all to be filled if I need them. I'm already on Lamictal and Lexapro (I'm Bi-Polar with Generalized Anxiety Disorder).
I'll be back...

I think the Clonodine and Valium are going to be your best weapons against the withdrawal symptoms. Just don't develop an addiction to the Valium in the meantime lol

Keep us updated on how you're doing <3

Edit: In fact, try the neurontin before you even touch the Valium. Neurontin might be enough, it has been for me in the past and it's easier to stop taking!

^^ As burtonchic said, cross addiction can happen to anyone. Be very weary of the valium - don't take it unless you honestly feel so bad a relapse is imminent. And even then don't use it for more than 5-6 days. Period. Anymore than that is totally unnecisarry. This isn't going to be a comfortable process, but with any luck you'll survive and go from addict to addict in recovery! Good luck. :) <3

Yeah, the valium has been kicking the snot out of me... I've been too groggy and it lowers my resistance to fight the detox symptoms. So I've been weaning off of it. I've just kept up my usual med regimen and distracted myself as best I can with walks and TV. And lots of bananas and protein shakes... I guess that's good. I have to return to work tomorrow... I pray I'm strong enough.

think about this advice before you take it.. but throw a couple of the big can monsters in there and you should be good to go..

But all not joking aside.. you did it, almost detoxed and clean???

yeah, how are you feeling OP? it sounds like you're doing all the right things so you should be feeling better by now if not really soon <3