• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

injested 2600 mgs of apap earlier...can I drink a beer or 2?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Its been about 7-8 hours since I took some hydrocodone equaling 2600mgs of apap. Is it safe to drink a beer or 2 now?

I think u know the answer to that lol...follow ur gut don't pick up the drink

I mean do I risk liver failure? Or just liver damage? Cause CNS depression I'm good now..

I mean do I risk liver failure? Or just liver damage? Cause CNS depression I'm good now..

Liver failure? Unlikely.
Liver Damage (hepatotoxicity)? of course! Doses that high at once aren't good by themselves. As mentioned, just wait man.

The only (good) justification you have for drinking ethanol right now is if you are poisoned by methanol or another toxic alcohol.

Are you? No?

Than don't.

In reality: You will more then likely be fine.
For HR purposes: Dont

This is basically the answer to 90% of the questions on this website that are actually about HR and not just trying to get a better high or go through W/D.

Yes you can drink now, just don't mix apap and alcohol at the same time unless its a very low dose to prevent/reduce a hangover (if you get one or feel one coming). Why did you take that much apap, was it just plain old bullshit over the counter tylenol/advil/aspirin/ibuprofen or something else because that is like a loot unless it was like vicodin or another narcotic.

It was hydrocodone with apap. So its just the initial combination between the 2? If Its let's say within 6-8 hours of each other its safe to take the other drug? Meaning alcohol after vicodin and vicodin after alcohol etc.

The only contraindications and warnings of liver damage (that I can find) involve either chronic alcohol consumption and doses over 4grams of paracetamol, or repeated "overdose" of paracetamol (ie over 4g/day but under 8-10grams at any given time), or acute overdose of APAP, which for an adult would be several times higher than what the OP consumed.

You guys are wayyy too paranoid. If you're under 4grams for the day, drink all you want. A little over that, just don't go nuts on the liquor.

P.S. this may not be accurate medical advice if you have liver problems or aren't otherwise healthy. But the op didn't mention that, so I'm assuming he doesn't.

Last edited:
On 2600mg worth of paracetamol? Dude, lol.. Please be a troll... It would take at least 4-5 times that to receive any attention from the emergency room. Unless you have liver damage before hand, then I don't know what they'll do. Even at 10-12 you'll (probably) be fine if its a one time thing.. Course advising people to go over 7/8 isn't really in good taste because some people might be hypersensitive. Go on drugs.com and read acetaminophen.

Please stop spamming this guys threads with misinformation and trolled garbage.

The only thing that's kind of dangerous is respiratory depression from the alcohol&opiate combination. But at the doses he's talking about, he will 100% be fine.

from what i understand, you dont actually feel liver damage happening, its not like your lungs where you will slowly start to feel pain and hack stuff up...i mean yes, you CAN drink on 4000mgs of apap containg painkillers, just like you CAN lick the bottom of someones shoes after walking through a cow pasture. should you? probably not. and to the guy above me, take it easy...at least hes asking right? isnt that what the point of thise place is? yea there is a lot of misinformation, but if that wasnt the case, ppl wouldnt need to come here and ask.

I assumed this might not be a one off thing and that he has access to hydrocodone pills..

So I wasn't saying he should have done it.. Although admittedly that wasn't clear by my 3 words :p

Drinking on a therapeutic dose of paracetamol is hardly the same as licking a shoe, but point taken about me being maybe too harsh. But that's ridiculous; a cwe on half the therapeutic amount of an OTC headache medicine.

The reason I was so harsh is because on these places, the op tends to take the highest% of responses as true instead of looking it up from a medical source. Or asking a doctor. In this case, over 75% of the people were simply wrong. IME the apap thing is way over-exaggerated. And IMHO suggesting a cwe was just over-the-top.

Don't mistake this as a statement of me suggesting doses over 8g in a day, or chronic doses of over 4g in a day. But that amount isn't going to hurt you once or twice a month.

P.S. ok Rick, it's kk. I forgive ya. Just trying to be the voice of reason here and spread some truth about paracetamol. We can make out later if you want. Wait- I mean up.. Lul

Nah it's true..

In the UK you'd have to ingest 12g's of APAP before it is considered an overdose..

Your place or mine baby? ;)

for the sake of harm reduction - Don't do it, wait atleast 12 hours, Thats the safe advice, But the reality advice is, I have a friend who ingests 15 norcos at a time twice a day and he drinks with them, He seems healthy and Claims his liver is not damaged, consider he consumes 4700 ish apap per dose with alcohol and hes still here Nodding LOL id assume youl prolly be okay to drink beer now. But always follow your gut! remember, do the drugs dont let the drugs do you!

For the sake of harm reduction, don't do drugs mmkay?

Disregard above fails.

A lot of different responses lol. Well I've never really understood how apap reallyaffects you over time like if you could actually OD fROM overdoing it ONCE or a couple times. The thing is I monitor myself by the 24 hour rule, I'll in jest 2000-2700 MG's of apap with my vicodin to keep it within the 4g rule then once I pass the 24hr rule I do it again unless I take a extra day break. I always felt that if I'm under that rule even if its every other day etc I would be fine and receive no liver problems at all. Another thing is that unlike most of my experiences with opiates I actually have 60-70 Vic's on hand which prior I've only had enough to last a day or 2..so if just makes me think can I really do harm to my liver taking em on and off over 2-3 week period you know? I've always controlled myself with opiate addiction and have never become physically addicted..psychologically? Lol probably. That's why I take day breaks to stop the physical addiction and stop any withdrawal symptoms from ever happening. I don't drink on opiates for the most part or under 12 hours of dosing its just an occasional thing. I should do a cwe but mainly I'll be honest I always just wanna get high right away or I honestly just won't have time..but anyway you have see my concern with all this, I haven't had a steady supply of opiates like this before so my liver does concern me and I just wish to really understand if I'm doing damage or since my liver is healthy and I'm young (21 years old) I'm just overreacting? Anyway appreciate the responses guys if someone could go over my concerns in this answer id really appreciate it..cause I definitely need to be enlightened haha.