• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about Hydrocodone - Is Less More?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
The past week every other day or every two days I would take only 2-3 7.5mg/200mg vicoprofens (vicodin with ibuprofen). I have a fairly high opiate tolerance, so I potentiated them with 1mg of alprazolam. This didn't get me incredibly high, but I felt a very very nice relaxing buzz. Now, here comes the weird part: about an hour ago I just took 7 of the same pills (52.5mg of hydrocodone) this time potentiated with half my usual dose of alprazolam - 0.5mg. As I just stated it's only been an hour and I feel a slight warmth in my head. This slight warmth is no better if not a little less euphoric than the two or three times this past week when I only ingested approximately 15-22.5mg of hydrocodone. Now I am fully aware tolerance to pain killers builds up very fast but I've only been taking them for a week and not even every day at that. Also, I do not use opiates very often. They are very hard for me to obtain. So it's not like I'm a weekly user - probably only once or twice a month. So I guess my question is, why would taking 3 make me feel just as good if not a tad bit better than taking 7?

Furthermore, I was just curious, I had another question. Is there a possibility that some people just naturally have a high tolerance to opiates?

Well I use opiates maybe once every month to once every 3-4 months and personally wouldn't feel 25mg of hydrocodone. 50 would be fairly strong for me though, so I'd say more is more. And less is less. I don't want to be captain obvious but you did take 2x Xanax the other time. I'd personally feel 1mg of Xanax if I took it with almost anything else (a drink, a pinch of herb, probably with a low dose of opiates), but if I did that with .5 I would have no effects.

But I'm not an expert so you might want to wait for others to reply before taking 1mg of Xanax and say 40mg of Vicodin because you might find it too intense where I will simply find it enjoyable.

Didn't see the last bit so bump so you see the response to it, yes, it's very possible to have a natural tolerance to opiates. I have one.

Because I have mental health issues, my doctor ran genetic sequencing to find a suitable anti-psychotic. I was sure I would have something going on with the enzyme associated with opiate metabolism, but it appears I do not. It's always taken me over 40mg of oxy to nod, and like I said I never felt sub-30mg of hydro(unless I drank or something, then I may *think* something's going on), so it appears its also possible to have a naturally high psychological tolerance. Dunno which one would explain it in your case.

It's also possible to have a naturally low tolerance. I can still catch a nice buzz off 20mg oxy after over 2 years of steady use

Ya'd think so, but withdrawal, even from small amounts, sucks for me. So it comes at a cost.

I'd say more is more. And less is less. I don't want to be captain obvious but you did take 2x Xanax the other time.

Agree with this. Suboxone is the only opiate I can think of that "less is more", seeing as how there is a ceiling effect. With hydrocodone, if you take more, you'll get more high. The xanax definitely potentiated the hydro. So you're tolerance with hydro is probably higher than you think. Probably ~50-70mg without any potentiators.