• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I take methadone only 5 hours after using codeine?

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
So about 5 hours ago I had 120mL of codeine w promethazine syrup and now i can get a couple methadones. Will i feel the methadone or will it be like suboxone which will make me go into early withdrawal if taken too soon?

Not at all, methadone is a full agonist. The only thing I would be worried about is overdoing it and falling victim to respiratory depression, so be very careful when dosing and try to take it slow. However, the codeine should be well past its peak, so if you wait a few more hours you could take the methadone with no worries about it interacting with the codeine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Would anyone happen to know about how much methadone would be needed to feel a buzz that is equal to 50-60mg hydro and how much methadone is equal to 30mg oxycodone? Thx again

I don't think we can give dosage advice here, but I will refer you to this handy opiate comparison chart on Wikipedia. Also, if you're going to take that with another opiate still in your system, I'd recommend you split whatever you're going to take into two doses, and wait for the first to fully take effect before taking the second.

Ok so 2 hours ago i took 20mg methadone on a full stomach and i still dont feel a buzz.. How long should i expect it to take to kick in on a full stomach? Could it be im not feeling anything because maybe i dosed too low or is it normal when on a full stomach? Thx

Methadone takes a very long time to kick in. Honestly redosing is incredibly dangerous and doesn't work very well. For me if I take to little and attempt to redose I don't get any of the euphoria I would get from the same dose taken at one time. Not to mention given how long it takes to kick in and last your just rarely gonna have the time to redose.

Also, remember that methadone for alot of people doesnt hold the same rush or euphoria as other full agonists (heroin or oxycodone for example), this is why its used as an opiate maintenance treatment (staves off WDs but isnt all that 'fun').
I would stay away from methadone as a recreational drug, OP. Its got a dangerously deceptive halflife and is infamous for not mixing well (especially with other cns depressants).
@neur0net, theres no issue with giving out dosage advice, after all, what better HR advice can you give then how much is safe to take?lol Sourcing and pricing disscussions are the big no-no's on bluelight.

Yea weird that i didnt feel the buzz too good last night when i made this post. After waking up today i took 20mg of methadone which is 2 hours ago and feel great now. Pretty euphoric. My question is how long approximately does the methadone buzz last when taken recreationally?

It depends, methadone's half life can range from 36 to 55 hours in different people, so the high could last anywhere from 8 to 18 hours, but it could be shorter or longer for you.

Another question i have is regarding the nausea associated with taking methadone. I took 40mg total today 5 hours apart in two 20mg doses and as soon as the second dose hit me, i have been feeling nauseous as well. Its not too bad it is something i can handle, it is just annoying that it is there. It is being a buzzkill to the high i have goin on lol. I have done a bit of research online and noticed theres a lot of people experiencing nausea from methadone. Does anyone know why this happens?

If i hazard a guess, id say methadone causes nausea in the same way as other opiate/oids: through agonisim at the chemo- receptor (i think.lol).
A first generation anti-histamine should deal with it (like diphenhydramine or hydroxyzine)
but go easy with them as they will also add sedation.

unlike suboxone, u wont go thru precip WD if u mix methadone with other opiates, it will just potentiate eachother and possibly leading to dangerous low CNS depression