• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

21 day methdadone detox to get off subutex?

DrinksWithEvil

Bluelighter
i have been on subutex for about 6 months at about 4mg a day for the past 2 months. and its getting to expensive. i was thinking i can do a 21 day methadone detox ?

any ideas? i know i cant do this cold turkey

Have you considered a taper? Tapering off suboxone would be much easier than trying to quit methadone.

I don't think you will find anyone who suggests using a full agonist like Methadone to get of a partial agonist.

I don't have enough money to taper, I might be able to get 30 more pills and taper with those

30 pills is more than enough, if they're each 4 mg. Simply take 4 mg as usual for four days, then take 3 mg for four days, then 2 mg for four days, then 1 mg for four days, and then stop. Discomfort should be minimal, but keep some NSAIDS and loperamide on hand just in case.

It would be 30 8mg pills

mind you im extremely sensitive to wds

I might order some Kratom for the first week and be fine

Last edited:
I would split them down even further and maybe go a little slower than suggested above.

It would be 30 8mg pills

mind you im extremely sensitive to wds

I might order some Kratom for the first week and be fine

You are just gonna endure it longer than you really have to it out ending with the exact same result.

You can’t walk in a rainstorm and expect to be dry, even with an umbrella... Expect some difficulty. It won’t be that bad.

But, it damn sure is better than spending more money than you have to in order to do the sluggish taper you are planning.

I would split them down even further and maybe go a little slower than suggested above.

^agreed.

so your on typically 4mg a day, right? you have been on 6 months that is really not all that bad. the last thing you want at this point is a long half life full-agonist methadone.. burrrr so cold. with your regular dose and the time you have been on buprenorphine i think you will be a-ok with the 30 8mg.

- 6 days @ 4mg/day (27 8mg left)
- 10 days @ 3mg/day (22 8mg left)
- 15 days @ 2mg/day (17 8mg left)
- 24 days @ 1mg/day (14 8mg left)
- 24 days @.5mg/day (12.5 8mg left)
- 16 days @.25mg/day (11.5 8mg left)

if you follow something like this you will have very minimal withdrawal symptoms, next to nun. if by chance your sensitivity is making you uncomfortable you still would have some buperorphine left. in which i would take .25mg every other day or "as needed"... but push those final doses as far away from each other. it is some time but this way you should feel pretty fucking good. maybe a months worth of wellbutrin 150mg xl after you have discontinued the bupe would help with any post depression if any. magnesium and vitamin b as follow up too might be helpful. good luck!