• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

if I take tramadol will I be able to quit hydrocodone with out going thru withdrawl

westbank23

Bluelighter
I've been 12 hours clean without talking any Watson's hydrocodone which is the longest I've ever been besides while sleeping..I've been talking 30 to 80mg a day and I'm very serious about quitting because this addiction is starting to burn a hole in my pockets and pretty much ruined my social life because all I would want to do is go home after work and nod off.
I took my last 10mg Watson 12 hours ago but about 3 hours ago I was starting to feel like carp so I popped a trammy 50mg and man it made me feel so much better..
I have about 6 50mg left and I'm only plan on taking just one when I feel like the with drawl Is coming.
Now the question
What is the tramadol doing?is it just holding my hydrocodone with drawl back or am I going thru withdrawal but I don't feel it because the tramadol is helping to stop it?
I'm worried once I run out the tramadol that my hydrocodone with drawl is going to come back..
I also have 6 xanax bars 2mg each but I can't take those during the day because it makes me sleepy

I would just throw all that shit out.no taper.
however,most BL people seems to prefer tapering.
you will get some good replies.

whatever you end up doing,wishing you luck on your life trip.

Hey westbank:) and welcome to BL<3 I would not trade a hydro addiction for a tramadol addiction.. and this is what will likely happen if you try this route.. the thing about a physical opiate dependence is there is no way out but to pay the piper.. If i were you I would consider doing this now.. some medication you should look into to make this journey as painless as possible would be >clonidine<, and a non opiate medication fror >restless legs syndrom<.. you can do this!!! but by trying to avoid the inevitable by substituting another opiate antagonist or partial antagonist you will just find yourself trading one addiction for another or will just prolong the period that you are in withdrawal.. its not going to be near as bad a s you think and since you will have to do it eventually why not consider jumping off now.. It only gets much worse and the bottom of any whole is when you decide to stop digging.;)

I agree with the dawn.. i belive that so many tappers just add to the misery as we spend so much time feeling rough because of the taper only to still have to jump of the taper in the end.. I really only recommend tapers if someone has a really large habit.. and since you still have a relatively small habit<3 i would just jump off this one after you have discussed your situation with a dr and have procured the correct medications to facilitate a somewhat comfortable withdrawal. You can do this and there is no need for you to go any farther down:)

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations! :)

Unfortunately, You're NOT going to be able to break this addiction pain free. You're an opioid addict. There's no way to avoid at least some bit of physical discomfort - not to mention no way to avoid the psychological pain of getting opiate free. I don't want to scare you, but I want to be real with you. Opiate addiction is serious, and the longer you wait the worse it will get and the harder it will be to get clean. The good news is you've found your way onto Bluelight - one of the best sources of support and information I've seen. So utilize the website, do some research, and keep a positive mindset. I know you can get clean if you try, I've done it myself and seen many others accomplish it as well. :)

damn so I woke up this morning feeling like crap and just so happen I get to work with one of the biggest pill popers at my company for the whole month..we just ordered some 10/500 from his connect..I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time but I know for sure I'm going to be quiting soon and I will be back

^^ Noooooo!

Sorry to hear that. :\

I guess having a job never makes it easy to get off opiates.. It's already hard enough. But trust me.. The longer you put it off the harder it's going to get. I know there's nothing I can say that will make you change your mind - So please just stay safe and try to see the bigger picture. We'll always be here to support you if and when you give it another shot. <3

Something just to consider.. I truly hope the next time we see our good man westbank posting on this thread it doesn't read something like.. well i'm back and I am looking for a methadone tapper schedule I am currently taking 140mg and slamming tar every night on top of that.. I know your probably chuckling a little about the possibilities of that.. but dont kid yourself the possibility of that is probably pretty good and a certainty if you hang with the opiates long enough.. once we become physically dependent on the opiates skyrocketing tolerance is just par for the course:\

That being said I wish you the best westbank23 and if you are able to cut your dose on a regular basis to try and combat the tollerance you will be able to maintain that much longer in the slippery world were an opiat addition isn't half bad:)

I was thinking that same thing NSA...

I can clearly remember posting on Bluelight years ago before I had a heavy opiate habit. People told me I would be shooting heroin within a year, and I thought they were crazy.

Turns out I shot heroin for 3+ years after that... So It really is sad for me to see westbank make this decision. I know where it leads, we all do. But as i said, there isn't much we can say to change his mind. I remember my mindset when I was posting like westbank back in the day.. And warnings like this didn't phase me.. Boy was I arrogant. :\

I used tramadol to step down from an eight year bupe habit and it worked great for me. If I recall I took it for about 2 weeks with starting doses at five 50mg pills and at the end of two weeks ended at one 50mg pill. In those two weeks I definitely felt w/d from the bupe while taking the tram but nothing too bad. This was also in conjunction with benzos, clonadine, and sleepers. Just easing the transition.

Getting close to four years clean now!