• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Think im gonna relapse today

D

donezo

Think im gonna relapse today after about 1.5-2 years off of opiates. Finished takin my subs like 6 months ago, I was on them for like a year or so. I've been doing fine until the other day when I just randomly got that feelin. You all know that feelin, the one that you get in your stomach when you know....I haven't felt this way or wanted to use in over a year now, but damn, I think that shits over today.

Don't do it, do something anything else that doesn't involve using opiates. I was having a craving today and even yesterday but I just did exercises, meditation, and went to bed instead of using. Good luck you can do this, and chose not to act on your craving.

Yeah you will get high for a little bit.. and rember taking opiates after some time without isn't even that good just usually makes you sick kinda.. but in a real short time you will be back to being a slave to that shit.. funneling all you money snd time to try and feel acceptable.. but worse than you feel all the time now... addiction wispers about the couple minuttes you feel good.. play the whole movie.. withdrawl, jonesing, emotionally dead, soul exstinguished, the hopeless feeling of loosing controll, the awfull feeling of looking at how one sided an poinntless our lives become.. think your way outa this relapse.. th at little high is only a sliver of the big picture.. the big picture is ugly and you know it.. the is nothing left for you there except the missory you fought yourself outa;-)

Do you have someone to talk to about how you've been craving? Sometimes just talking about it and bringing it out in the open can help.

Go to a meeting! Don't do it bro.. If you use ONCE you will go back to having cravings just as often and intensely as when you first got clean! The entire last couple years will have been wasted... Don't do it. :(

Cravings will pass. We love you, stay strong. <3

Just be careful OP your tolerance has dropped dramatically. Relapse is part of it just try not to fall back into everday use of opiates. Abstinance never worked for me. If i feel like getting high on opiates i smoke some weed then if i still want to i go get high. Moderation is possible op.

Yep, you can change your life around completely then fuck it all up with one accidental mistake.

I honestly believe it's my destiny to fail.

Back to using

Think im gonna relapse today after about 1.5-2 years off of opiates. Finished takin my subs like 6 months ago, I was on them for like a year or so. I've been doing fine until the other day when I just randomly got that feelin. You all know that feelin, the one that you get in your stomach when you know....I haven't felt this way or wanted to use in over a year now, but damn, I think that shits over today.

It's a feeling. That's all. Think about it and let it pass. I promise it will.

Don't let your clean time slip away from you. That time is precious.

Just the fact you took time to post says you don't really want to. You want support. I quit a nasty fucking 4 year Oxy habit c/t 2 years ago. I got tired of being a little bitch to a fucking pill plus putting up with asshole dealers who would raise the price when they saw how sick I was. Please think about these shitty things before you decide to try it again. Post again and let us know how you are doing. Ok? Good luck friend.

Think it through to the consequence...the beast will try to convince you its harmless, docile, controllable...just remember this too shall pass

Call a friend that supports you and go out and stay busy today. Eventually the cravings will pass.

I hope the OP is safe. :\

Stay strong. Stay positive. It will pass.