• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kicking Meth after a Month of use; Questions/Conerns

theghostinthehall

Greenlighter
*Concerns ...damn sticky keyboard!

First a little backstory :

I haven't really been much of anything but an occasional,recreational drug user here and there for the last few years.Mostly Coke or weed very infrequently,I typically am more of a drinker but I wouldn't say I've ever had a 'problem' with drugs before.

fast forward to about a month or so ago,a coworker of mine introduced me to speed.I tried it,against better judgement. Didn't really like it (as it kept me up all night and burned like a mother to snort) and thought I was done with it after the fact.

Unfortunately..having it around has seemed to prove difficult for me..as I've been purchasing it every couple of days in small quantities for the past month.Do it for 3/4 days in a row, be off for 2 or 3...I went of vacation and was off it for about a week..was hoping I wouldn't go back to it but the habit became more frequent than before.This last time on about a 5 day buzz...little sleep little food...I found myself driving my car and all of a sudden my entire body going numb..hands clenching into weird poses/angles..I was fortunate enough to get myself off the freeway and park near the hospital...somehow clutching a bottle of water and stabilizing myself enough to drive to my dudes house..who put up with me all night freaking out and basically having a meltdown.

Since that scary event..its been about 2 full days,today being somewhere in the 3rd.I've managed to sleep more and more each day..today sleeping a fuckload but so far it hasn't been enough.I feel strangely..my mind cloudy..like i'm not really awake or able to focus on anything.My mouth feels strange almost any time I try o eat food..though my appetite is slowly returning to what I feel might be normal.After the strange attack in my car..my hands feel like they still don't have full functioning when I clench then open and closed.

I plan not to do this drug EVER again..but I'm scared at my current state of mind and being and desperately want to feel normal again.I guess my question is...how long will it take before I feel normal? What can I do to help the process? I hate how I've felt lately....any help would greatly be appreciated.

I know this post might seem mild to any people out there who have used for a much longer period of time..I might even come off as n00b-ish..I really am naive to all this and would frankly,like to stay that way.

Thank you guys in advance..it really means a lot <3

You need to talk to a DR. I can't give you advice on what that was. I would speculate that there was some sort of stroke, heart attack/ seizure thing going on. Looks like this dope is absolutely no good for you.

That can happen if its just a body thing? My head didn't seem to experience anything in particular,I stayed in control of my mind the entire time and was conscious. Either way,I agree that this stuff is terrible and it's something I never want to return to.

I will try to give Kaiser a call tomorrow before work and schedule something asap.I
m obviously still very concerned and worried,in the meantime...and wonder if there's anything I can do to keep myself healthy and on the road to being normal again without something like his occurring :/

That can happen if its just a body thing? My head didn't seem to experience anything in particular,I stayed in control of my mind the entire time and was conscious. Either way,I agree that this stuff is terrible and it's something I never want to return to.

I will try to give Kaiser a call tomorrow before work and schedule something asap.I
m obviously still very concerned and worried,in the meantime...and wonder if there's anything I can do to keep myself healthy and on the road to being normal again without something like his occurring :/

Kaiser is great and have a whole section dedicated to drugs and wd's. It is completely private also. Your GP can't see what happens there.

Ask for the drug center.

And yeah, you could have been having a mild stroke/ seziure. You definitely had some kind of short circuit happen.

I was on meth for 8 years. clean now for 12. Never had anything like that happen. I was a heavy user, would only sleep every 3rd to 4th day if I had to.