• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What's your motto for life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollingrrl

Bluelighter
Mine would be try to leave this world better than before you entered it and if you touch someone's heart for just one moment then your life is worth it.
And my bad side's motto is Fuck the World and then we die, so let's all get high.
But mostly my good side wins lately....
So what's your life motto? Kinda like the question why are we here but a little more verse-like and in depth.

I have different motto's depending on the situation...
On the road: "Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it."
At work: "I'm trying to keep my mouth shut..."
At home: "Why do it today when you can put it off until tomorrow?"
On women: "All women are evil,... but I like them anyway."
On sex: "I'm a born-again virgin."
On raves, and the whole idea of the "raving" lifestyle: "There are no more raves."

"dance like you've never been hurt, only work when someone is watching, and make love like you need the money".

--Tackle life one day at a time.
--Try not to regret the past or fear the future.
--See life as a work in progress, rather than a done deal.

well, i always liked this, its a song title:
living or existing?

work hard, play hard.
As lazy as i like to be, i do feel better when working and acomplishing stuff in life, and that makes the play more fun and rewarding.
[ 04 February 2002: Message edited by: campers ]

Yum Yum Goodness:
A few words to think about, spoken by Harold Kushner, a wiser man than me:
"If we believe that in order for life to be good, we have to avoid pain, the danger is that we will become so good at not feeling pain that we will learn not to feel anything -
not JOY, not LOVE, not HOPE, not AWE."
By living such a life, you cheat yourself out of so much that life has to offer.
And the saddest part of all is that you won't even realize what you're missing.

More applicable wisdom from Mr. Kushner:
"Fun can be the dessert of our lives, but never its main course.
It can be a welcome change of pace from the things we do everyday, but should it ever become WHAT we do everyday, we will find it too frivilous a base to build a life on."

And it's been said but, curiosity's not gonna kill this cat. This cat's gonna learn and smile and cry and laugh and hurt and all these simple, genuine things. This cat's gonna live.

F U C K Y O U!
no seriously...itd be more along the lines of:
Were just machines, anyways...so FUCK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.