• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What's going on in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetpea

Bluelighter
A long time ago this was one of my favorite posts in Social.
For me, I'm actually feeling weird about turning 25. I know it's not that old or anything but it's a mid-point and sometimes I think I should be further than I am. I'm in no way dissapointed in myself-but it's just a reality checkpoint for me.
I'm in the midst of moving, finding a new job and deciding what it is I truly want to do. As of Saturday I move back to California which I was really excited about-then an unbelievable job offer comes my way here in SC. I interview tommorow and for the right price-I'd stay here in SC.
Things are on the verge of change for me...actually they always are. I'm constantly on a never-ending adventure. I'm somewhat confused on what my priorities are at the moment.
Other than that I'm in a very introverted time in my life but I'm very happy with who I am. I'd like more of a social life but this whole past year has been like therapy to me.
So what's going on with you? Spill it :)

Next month I will be 18..Im excited because Im going to be able to go out on my own, But first i need to get on my feet and get a job. Lately ive been trying to find myself and sometimes i think its not possible...But thats my goal :)
I just got out of a big depression...Which is soo great..and special thanks to my friends who were there for me.
I have lots of friends and we have all been really close lately, Great social life :) My friends are my family and i love them with all my heart :) <3
:::heather:::

a bunch of people want to whip my ass over a shady deal i was not even involved in.

wait till you hit 30... Nothing like a decade birthday to put things in perspective. Right now I'm more aware than I've ever been, but of course like everything else, it's a double edged sword. I know now more than ever what it is I want in life which then leads me to the task of obtaining my goals. For some reason I remember being so ignorant and the luxury that afforded me... But don't fret, things do get better, not worse as you get older, even though I'm not married with kids as the rest of my peers. Sometimes I'm torn between feeling like I'm onto something being free at this age, or feeling like I'm missing out since everyone else seems to be doing it.

My life is pretty good now, and it's getting better for every day! My brain shut down most of the emotions this autumn, and I was getting more and more depressed from the fact that I couldn't get angry, happy or really sad. It was just like a void in my head. I've cut down on drugs and begun to write down my thoughts in a notebook.

I am currently redecorating my life, so to speak. Things have been a roller coaster the past two weeks. I have broken up with my bf of 5+ years and am making changes in ALL areas. It is scary but at the same time very exciting.
Life is hard but it's good. (I am having a good day, last week I was thinking about jumping off the nearest bridge)
Smiles and hugz,
~~WoozEee~~

Ive just moved on from a heartbreak, but Im starting to get extremely attached to a boy I met on the personal ad page of Body Modification Ezine (no not desperate, just bored) but he lives in New York, and Im in Wisconsin. But he makes me smile everyday, something Im not always used to.
Someone keyed a nice 7 foot long scratch on the side of my van, Im getting free tickets tomorrow to see Linkin Park, and I learned how to booty dance last night :)
/me gives squishy bear hugs to Heather and Marcy :)

hi :) dont really post on the board much any more but always lurking. im 3 1/2 mths pregnant and my daughter is starting kindergarten in august so big life changes are on the way :) hope all is well with everyone.
jill

Let's see. Where to begin. I have been trying to figure out how to save money so I can move out in July. Also wondering if my insurance will drop in March, right after my policy renews(my auto insurance is only $20 less than my payment). And about an hour ago, one of my bosses called to inform me that I am being laid off(see pity post in social).
Isn't life just peachy?

i hate to even bitch and moan here but honestly, i have nooooooo idea if i'm coming or going these days.
the lows are pretty damn low but the highs are fantastically high. but, in a sense i'm grateful that the good times are more plentiful.
i quit work. i need a new one, which i'm working on. i broke up with the man. i don't need a new one. i need a new country. i need a new head. um. i kinda like this one though. sometimes.
oh wadda wadda wad. but i did figure out something big though.
stay. away. from. the. coke.
it causes schizophrenia.

um i get out of the marines in june. and im moving to tampa. going to go to acting school in orlando for improvisation. ill hafta get a job and maybe start doing some refresher courses in math and english sos i can start college. but after i get out, im just going to take a year off really. party my ass off and hang out. smell the roses if you will.
atri

Right now, things are going pretty good.
Even though I was recently a victim of theft,... someone went into my truck and stole my CD player and all my CDs... along with a really groovy bag I had in there stashed with all kinds of toys and goodies... I was a little upset about all that, but the good things going on right now definetily outweigh the bad vibes.
I just started a new job that is ok (though it's working outside, in winter weather right now)... I got my company vehicle today and I got my first 3 day weekend. I don't get paid for another two weeks, so that is kind of a bummer, but at least I know I have a paycheck coming finally.
My daughter is doing fabulous, getting bigger and smarter every day. I still have a hard time believing she's going to be 8 years old this summer...
My mom (who was diagnosed with terminal cancer two months ago) is doing pretty good with her treatments and is still feeling well and getting around good... that's a day to day situation, but she's doing good right now. Dad seems to be holding up well, given the circumstances.
My friends are still my friends, even though I don't get to talk to them quite as much as when I wasn't working. It's a bummer, but it's part of life. This is where we "separate the men from the boys" or so to speak... we'll see who stays true and who doesn't.
On top of it all, I got my very first candi exchange package from Fizzy the other day. :)
Groovy,... things are pretty groovy right now.

I'm getting bored with my job (playing with a computer at a software company), and starting to have trouble reconciling my artistic mentality against the reality of financial necessity. That is, I'd rather not work but I kind of don't have a choice...and, unfortunately, leading a business lifestyle (even if only 40 hours a week) makes writing and playing a lot more difficult. And to think, being a poet used to be fun :|
Things are going really well with my fiancee; I feel closer to her and more certain of what is between us (and *why* she's my fiancee!) every day. I always thought that if I ever got to this point in a relationship I'd be afraid of the relationship itself (if that makes sense), but I'm more afraid of losing her than I am to be trapped by her :)
As far as writing goes, I don't think I'm doing enough, but I have been thinking a lot, which [usually, eventually] results in a creative burst...and I've been playing a lot of music; I think I'm going to spend time working on the performative aspects of music--I devote a great deal more to songwriting than performance, and I think it might be time to reprioritize.
Emotionally, I'm on a rollercoaster and having some difficulty grasping what's going through my head, going from being near-suicidal to seeing clearly. Incredibly good days and horribly bad days...it's confusing, but I'm coping and trying to talk as much as I can about what I'm feeling, to give away the secrets so they don't hurt so much anymore. If that makes sense :)
Thanks for reading :) and thanks very much to Sweetpea for starting this thread...it's great to read about everybody and feels great to share :) :)
spinkle

Im just about to start my second year at tafe doing Interactive Multimedia.
A challenging and fun course that i enjoy, but wonder if it will yield a job at the end.
Heading off to Perth BDO this sunday which im very excited about having missed last years one I cant wait.
Starting to drop out with most friends in general. This is mainly because they still thinking getting "maggot" on alcohol is still great fun and thats all they ever really talk about "what are you drinking?" , "how much money do you have to drink?" etc. I just find that boring.
My aunty just died of cancer last weekend which has made my home life trying since she was my mums best friend.
And finally im still stuck at a Woolworths casual job but that will be changing within 3 months to some casual job that doesnt involve food. Hopefully in a CD or video store.
----
cc

Well I am doing great right now, my relationship is great we are planning our wedding and honeymoon. I start back to school to finish nursing in March. My daughter is doin great in school she is in 2nd grade and the teachers are giving her 4th grade work to do because her work is too easy.My family is doing great and my job is cool too. I am doin great and life is good right now :)

life is good. i passed my exams, i'm doing pretty good in school.
i have a date saturday which i'm kinda nervous about, wish me luck!!
i can't really think of anything negative in my life at the moment which is GREAT! ahh i love bumming around the house & not worrying about anything, life is grand!!!
Smell ya later

Life pretty much licks clit at the moment. I failed my HSC (yes it can be done) family problems are hitting the roof and I don't even want to get started on boy problems. But I am moving out in a week to start a brand new life away from everyone, everything. I'm at the lowest point of my short life, I cry every day, just cause. I'm even giving up drugs for a while, its all got so out of hand. I’m sick of being lonely. It fucking sucks.
That’s my rant, peace.

I'm plateaued in my life right now.. bored as hell and slightly depressed that I can't think of anything, currently, to do about it. I do have a boyfriend who is sometimes helpful, but its still a personal journey, ya know?
I just got my first tattoo! What a rush that was.. fucking thing hurt like hell though.. ah well. It's totally worth it :) I love it.
I am finally doing what I should have done in the first place with my schooling... Medicine. I'm going to get an associates in BioTechnology.. then eventually try to go to NC State or UNC for my bachelors in Pre Medical Biotechnology. :)
Watch out.. hehe

:D
i'm happier than i've been in a really, really long time...it's sudden, it's intense, it's beautiful and i think i might just be able to keep a handle on it for a while to come.
can i just share that it's all a matter of personal energy.....what you do with it and where it flows.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.