• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Sulfate SR (Sandoz - Canada)

Clean...ish

Greenlighter
What's the best route of administration with morphine that will turn to gel when liquid touches it? I'm an experienced opiate user but I'm on suboxone so when I do use i like to get the most out of it

plugging might be a safer alternative, and easier to realize than IV...

how does plugging work? and Im trying to avoid needles at this time, when I was big into the pills it was before they turned to gel

Sorry, that wasn't very harm reduction of me. Iv has the best bioavailability by a fair bit when it comes to morphine. But it is the most dangerous, especially when it comes to sustained release wax tablets!

how does plugging work? and Im trying to avoid needles at this time, when I was big into the pills it was before they turned to gel
I have only plugged 2C-E (a psychedelic RC) a few times, but my guess would be that you could use the same procedure for IV, only the micron filter wouldn't be necessary. You could also probably try to plug the gel, but I'm not sure about that.

as for how plugging itself works: you prepare the solution you'd like to administer and draw it into a small syringe / oral syringe, approx. 2ml. then you lay down on your side and push the syringe into your rectum, but not too far. 1-2 cm would be sufficient, in my opinion. just be sure that you don't have a huge turd up there, which would adsorb the solution thus making it wothless. It's most effective shortly after a bowel movement. Just inject it slowly and then stay in that position for a few minutes. With such a low volume of liquid, there should be no leakage.

As far as I know, morphine has a high bioavailabilty using that ROA, so adjust your dose. I think it is only a little less potent than by IV, only the comeup would be longer.

if anything I wrote is bullshit, someone correct me, please :)

if you plug morphine, it should be at the right acidity level for optimum absorbtion - pH 7 to 8. Right around where your body is (7.4)

It seems that you can plug MS Contins whole and they work just like oral morphine, but roughly 1/3 of the population will need less by the rectal route for the same effects.

People are pretty conflicted in general whether or not mophine is actually more potent rectally, though. It is probably variable between people, and depends on how you consider 'potency'. Rectal morphine is metabolised less and lasts slightly longer, but is slightly less intense at the "peak" than oral morphine.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1464164
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10217341

Last edited:
^ interesting, I always thought that plugging is bound to be stronger.