• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Binge again oxy

Not Again

Bluelighter
Hello everyone my first post and hopefully it will have some good answers.

Struggling with blue 30 mg roxy for a couple years. I got clean for a good while ( 6-7 months) and then I came across a source and decided ( like a dummy or addict) To get high. at first it was only supposed be for the weekend. But we all know how that goes. My tolerance was still high 90 mg or 3 blue pills to get a good buzz.

Anyways a month and a half of using every day. 3-4 pills ( 90-120 mg oxy) a day all at once. Usually at 4pm. I don't really feel that bad if I miss taking it until the 36 ish hour mark.

Last time I kicked I was 2 years and 120 mg a day minimum and it was a week of complete hell and 3 weeks till i was completely human again.

Is that what I have to look forward too again? At 1.5 months of using oxy will it be the same process? I know it will be hard and no cake walk, but would a taper help? I can go CT I still have some xanax , clonidine , robaxin ( muscle relaxer) .

So I'm hoping that this time will be a little easier since I was using all at once and not dosing throughout the day and I have only been using less than a couple months.

What do you think.

Take a week off work and clean up? or do you think a 3 day weekend would do what I need to do?

Thank you all for your input I really appreciate it.

You will go through it again...

You are dependent just like most of us... You will go back to it time and time again... It happens to the best of us.

You are human, you will make mistakes man.

Just be careful using clonidine, just use like .2 mg and a little robaxin... Don’t use any xanax unless you really feel the need. As that can be a whole addiction itself...

You will go through it again...

You are dependent just like most of us... You will go back to it time and time again... It happens to the best of us.

You are human, you will make mistakes man.

Just be careful using clonidine, just use like .2 mg and a little robaxin... Don’t use any xanax unless you really feel the need. As that can be a whole addiction itself...

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping someone would say it would be a little easier since I have very little time using.

Thank you Jay for your answer. Funny thing is. I don't get the buzz ( I want)anymore. I'm not going to start taking more than 120 mg to get it either. Anyways if i do I just get tired.

Whats the problem with the clonidine?

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping someone would say it would be a little easier since I have very little time using.

Thank you Jay for your answer. Funny thing is. I don't get the buzz ( I want)anymore. I'm not going to start taking more than 120 mg to get it either. Anyways if i do I just get tired.

Whats the problem with the clonidine?

Thank you for ignoring the ignorance...

I forgot to welcome you to bluelight. We are glad to have you here.

The problem with clonidine while on it your blood pressure can drop too low if you take too much.

It’s okay to take a little bit to take the edge off... Don’t get me wrong.

You’ll only need meds during the worst part really... Not the whole time.

dont listen to this retard hes givin bad info that could cause u to od

Stop fucking flaming before you get banned... I’m trying to help you out. But you ain’t hearing it huh?

He clearly said he is going to quit again... He knows not to mix clonidine and oxycodone....

You would be the one to do that huh?

Stop fucking flaming before you get banned... I’m trying to help you out. But you ain’t hearing it huh?

He clearly said he is going to quit again... He knows not to mix clonidine and oxycodone....

You would be the one to do that huh?

not meaning to derail the thread but is there real danger taking clonidine with oxycodone? I have done this numerous times because I heard it might potentiate it a bit... Maybe I shouldn't have?

Last edited:
not meaning to derail the thread but is there real danger taking clonidine with oxycodone? I have done this numerous times because I felt it might've potentiated it a bit... Maybe I shouldn't have?

It’s not fine if you are dosing correctly now. Don’t dose the clonidine with opiates.

You are bound to O.D. as clonidine doesn’t have stable dosing response overtime. Somedays you might be more sedated off of the same dose than others. It fluctuates.

As people take it for blood pressure, it does need to be lessened and raised based on bodily response that can’t be done safely at home.

Stop clonidine if you can, tread very lightly.

^huh I guess that makes sense, I'm prescribed it by my drug councilor originally to help with withdrawal and since then for "anxiety and sleep"... But it doesn't really seem to do much after taking it for a few days so I might as well cut it out all the way...

^huh I guess that makes sense, I'm prescribed it by my drug councilor originally to help with withdrawal and since then for "anxiety and sleep"... But it doesn't really seem to do much after taking it for a few days so I might as well cut it out all the way...

It’s cool for withdrawal. Just don’t mix it with opiates.

Wow guys.. sorry if I made any one upset.

I just like to get high and that's why I'm back tot he same place I was. I have 50 roxys and 30 xanax. enough clonidine since I think I only needed 3 or 4 last time.

My plan is to taper. to day I took 4 blue. I have to make it through the weekend, busy work schedule. the next 2-3 weeks I am going to taper to 2 blue a day.

The week after that one.

After a week on 1 blue I'm going to take 4 days off and hope on the 5th day I can return to work. I know it takes a while for wd's to kick in so I will quit on a work day and go through what I have to.

I already told my wife. She helped me last time and really didn't get too upset about this. She knows that stress has got me here.

I also have prozac. They gave it to me last time cause I was very depressed. I quit taking it soon as I felt better. I wonder if I should start taking that again. I don't want to go to the DR again. Why? It's not covered and I could afford it but I pretty much know exactly what he will say and what he will give me.Why waste hundreds of dollars to hear him say the same thing.

The only thing he could do is offer me sub. I don't think 1.5 months of oxy need to get me on a sub addiction.

I'm going to taper and by the middle of next month quit.

So Taper and then quit or just quit?

I'd suggest modifying your taper plan. Why prolong your addiction for almost another month? You can drop down a lot faster than 120-60-30mg a day over almost a month and do it much more comfortably.

Here is a taper plan from the VA that they suggest for short-term opioids (such as oxy IR)

"● Decrease dose by 10% every 3-7 days, or…
● Decrease dose by 20%-50% per day until lowest available
dosage form is reached (e.g., 5 mg of oxycodone)
● Then increase the dosing interval, eliminating one dose
every 2-5 days. "

I'd suggest doing that instead of jumping from 30mg a day to nothing. You have all the meds you will need to make WD as painless as possible (benzos, clonidine)

Also would suggest some OTC meds such as loperamide.

Edit: Don't start subs. It's great for a lot of people (better than methadone maintenance) but it seems like you want to be done with opiates.

Yes, please just taper if you can do that. I had no control, and that's why I ended up on a 4 year ordeal with Buprenorphine. If I could've done less than 320-480mg of oxycodone a day, I would've tried the taper. You sound like that would be more damaging than good if you can get through this. As long as you go by a good taper plan, you'll be fine. Orgone has a good point too. 30mg is a little too high to jump if you're addicted to oxycodone, especially if you have to function like a normal person that has to go to work. If you can't stay clean, it may be a good idea to find a doctor that you can trust, and explain to him that you want to taper fast on Buprenorphine, but that is also an issue of itself. How would they be raking in the money like they are if they didn't keep people on it. So if you go that route, you may have to do it yourself.

I only say Buprenorphine may be a good idea, because I also had to work for a living, and the probable nature of being drug tested could have presented an issue for my company. I work in environments where people can get hurt rather easily, so even if I wasn't the issue, if someone were to get hurt, I'd still get drug tested. Not to mention, being able to function normally was extremely important.

*editV*
But Subutex ended up being over 4 years long, Xanax came into the picture in the end, I lost my job for a year withdrawing on Xanax losing my cool at our secretary, and rehab was the final measure. So essentially Buprenorphine really didn't help me in the long run.

Last edited:
I agree with a little faster taper...and I wouldn't jumpr from 30 mg...I would cut them into fourths for the end...

I have taken clonidine for hypertension over the past 2 years. I have a very tachy heart and a Dr. prescribed it for me when I was going through opiate WD. For me it worked pretty well. Of course it was still hell but the restlessness, rapid HR, sweating, etc. were managed pretty effectively with a dose of .5mg clonidine 2-3x/day.

The caveat with clonidine is that if you take it regularly, like myself, and then forget to take it or stop- your HR will skyrocket. I should be taking a beta blocker like metropolol but since I am a cpp and constantly find myself tapering or running out of pills early, I continue getting it filled. I do not take it every day (particularly when on opiates). I am always amazed that my DR prescribes it for me because it is a lousy hypertension med. I just say 'it works best for me' and get 6 months worth at a time.

As for your oxy cleansing I always say that if you have a supply of meds to taper, go that route. The problem is that many people just cannot taper. Temptation or the need to feel comfortable wins out. The other consideration is that if you go CT you are going to have a supply of blues left and if you want to kick, you shouldn't have them around once you are clean.

The other BLers provided some pretty good tapering plans I just wanted to address the clonidine as well. It doesn't knock out WD's but it can certainly put a dent in them. It did wonders for slowing my pulse when it felt like my heart was going to pound its way right through my sternum.

6-7 months clean is pretty significant and you've only been back on the oxy for a month and a half so although you will have WD I do not think it will be as bad as when you went CT on 120mg/day for 2 years. I am just speaking from my experience because I went CT using the exact same amount (120mg/day for 1 1/2 years) that you did and it took a month for me to feel anything close to normal. I then went several months clean then started again and found myself in the same position you are in now.

So I just took all I had (not at once) and toughed it out. The WD wasn't nearly as bad as it was previously. I wish there was something as effective that didn't cause such horrific WD's but that is how life seems to be set up. I truly want off it but the pain is debilitating. In your case you dont have to worry about that aspect.

You can definitely use subs to help with the WD but you dont want to get started on opiates again. At least that's what I gathered. Just rambling now, sorry.

Taper if you can, no doubt about it especially if you have to work.

Pregablin and gabapentin work wonders for opiate wd
Just throwing that out there, really helps with the rls

Wow guys thanks for all the great responses. I have the supply and am going to try to taper. I will start next week.

Love that, how my mind always says next week or tomorrow. But I did it before and I will do it again.

P.s

I also bought this stuff called withdrawl Ease: They claim it to be magical. But I know better. I got it because it has all the stuff that does help in in. I hope it helps when I get my dosage down.

Pregablin and gabapentin work wonders for opiate wd
Just throwing that out there, really helps with the rls

If you are tolerant to them, your whole script will be gone in one day.....

I have taken clonidine for hypertension over the past 2 years. I have a very tachy heart and a Dr. prescribed it for me when I was going through opiate WD. For me it worked pretty well. Of course it was still hell but the restlessness, rapid HR, sweating, etc. were managed pretty effectively with a dose of .5mg clonidine 2-3x/day.

The caveat with clonidine is that if you take it regularly, like myself, and then forget to take it or stop- your HR will skyrocket. I should be taking a beta blocker like metropolol but since I am a cpp and constantly find myself tapering or running out of pills early, I continue getting it filled. I do not take it every day (particularly when on opiates). I am always amazed that my DR prescribes it for me because it is a lousy hypertension med. I just say 'it works best for me' and get 6 months worth at a time.

As for your oxy cleansing I always say that if you have a supply of meds to taper, go that route. The problem is that many people just cannot taper. Temptation or the need to feel comfortable wins out. The other consideration is that if you go CT you are going to have a supply of blues left and if you want to kick, you shouldn't have them around once you are clean.

The other BLers provided some pretty good tapering plans I just wanted to address the clonidine as well. It doesn't knock out WD's but it can certainly put a dent in them. It did wonders for slowing my pulse when it felt like my heart was going to pound its way right through my sternum.

6-7 months clean is pretty significant and you've only been back on the oxy for a month and a half so although you will have WD I do not think it will be as bad as when you went CT on 120mg/day for 2 years. I am just speaking from my experience because I went CT using the exact same amount (120mg/day for 1 1/2 years) that you did and it took a month for me to feel anything close to normal. I then went several months clean then started again and found myself in the same position you are in now.

So I just took all I had (not at once) and toughed it out. The WD wasn't nearly as bad as it was previously. I wish there was something as effective that didn't cause such horrific WD's but that is how life seems to be set up. I truly want off it but the pain is debilitating. In your case you dont have to worry about that aspect.

You can definitely use subs to help with the WD but you dont want to get started on opiates again. At least that's what I gathered. Just rambling now, sorry.

For hypertension, you would be better off using the XR version of the drug. Much better for maintaining a level blood plasma level...

Dude, it's almost identical to what I did ( am doing) WD's suck, the good think is you forgot about them real quick. One day you feel better and in 2 months you almost completely forgot about it.

Dude, it's almost identical to what I did ( am doing) WD's suck, the good think is you forgot about them real quick. One day you feel better and in 2 months you almost completely forgot about it.

Downside is that this leads to relapse. You forget just how much pain you went through, and justify using again, convincing yourself "well, if I pick up a habit, I'll just detox again..no problem". Crazy addict logic but... happens all the time.