• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc caffeine as an anxiolytic

Lopez

Bluelighter
anyone else notice that on an adderall binge or a concerta binge (if those even count as binges), you end up feeling more calm and "flat"/mellow? at least this is the way it was for me.

don't like dabbling with prescription drugs anymore like i did in the days of my youth and i don't want to go back to see my doc who was killing me with long-term benzos (already have plenty of klonopin handy if i ever need it).

going to try something painfully simple. some of you may already do this. 200 mg of caffeine every 5 hours, continuous (not 5 hours before sleep however). if there's anything i've learned from taking all sorts of drugs, prescription or otherwise, is that people's general view of tolerance is slightly skewed, some effects go away over time while others suddenly appear over time due to changes in brain chemistry.

my already screwed up brain chemistry is not something i'd like to play with hence, i'm choosing a milder compound to try this. wondering if i can get the "reverse effect" from caffeine's anxiogenic effects the way i did from methylphenidate and dextroamphetamine.

as a side note, anyone ever notice LOWWW doses of cocaine cause tranquilizing effects?

for the record, my benzo withdrawals were over months ago, i just used k-pin recreationally yesterday.

edit: i also have extremely an high seizure threshold, going up to 300 of tramadol (and i'm epileptic as is, according to an EEG) during anticonvulsant withdrawal.

You just may have a form of ADHD...

Stimulants in high doses are quite calming...

I can smoke freebase and fall asleep...

You just may have a form of ADHD...

Stimulants in high doses are quite calming...

I can smoke freebase and fall asleep...
Is this because you suffer from ADHD or are simply one of those people?
A friend of mine can rail a gram of blow and pass out right after, as well as eat perfectly fine on any drug

apparently i was correct! i took 200 mg caffeine before my first post, got wired, crashed, another 200 mg 5 hours later, wired, but no anxiety! walked 5 miles and got a sense of euphoria (probably due to the fact that i was fasted during the walk, endorphin rush).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10379625

this link shows evidence that xanthines like caffeine have a paradoxical anxiolytic effect in the long-term.

spread the news! i won't be using benzos anymore :p

i think everyone has a form of ADD, just some people's neurotransmission is more unorthodox than others.

i mean, i get HIGH and hyper-talkative of 75 mg adderall xr, but a low dose (therapeutic) such as 15 mg would just keep me sitting still, quiet, and focused. one bump of cocaine does the same, in fact it makes me very unsociable. all stimulants do at low doses for me.

as i've stated in previous threads i have temporal lobe epilepsy, which goes hand in hand with OCD, ADD, and personality disorders, so it may just be me.

just woke up to no anxiety, the klonopin (8 mg) should be out of my system right now since it was 2 days ago so i don't attribute the anxiolysis to this. chewed up a 200 mg caffeine pill on an empty stomach and i feel quite focused, this dose would usually cause panic attacks. odd...

Normally caffeine would be COMPLETELY the opposite of anxiolytic. But ADHD might make your situation different.

Seeing as how caffeine is purely a CNS stimulant, it's almost guaranteed to make a normal person experience anxiety, some way worse than others.

Normally caffeine would be COMPLETELY the opposite of anxiolytic. But ADHD might make your situation different.

Seeing as how caffeine is purely a CNS stimulant, it's almost guaranteed to make a normal person experience anxiety, some way worse than others.

you're correct, but what i was getting at with this thread was its long-term effects with continuous use. the ncbi link i posted above compared its anxiolytic effects with repeated doses to that of diazepam (unless i read it wrong, i was MAD tired when i posted it)

it was also reported to enhance diazepam's effects.

i'll be the guinea pig. this is my second day taking 200 mg every 5 hours.

i think everyone has a form of ADD, just some people's neurotransmission is more unorthodox than others.

i mean, i get HIGH and hyper-talkative of 75 mg adderall xr, but a low dose (therapeutic) such as 15 mg would just keep me sitting still, quiet, and focused. one bump of cocaine does the same, in fact it makes me very unsociable. all stimulants do at low doses for me.

as i've stated in previous threads i have temporal lobe epilepsy, which goes hand in hand with OCD, ADD, and personality disorders, so it may just be me.

just woke up to no anxiety, the klonopin (8 mg) should be out of my system right now since it was 2 days ago so i don't attribute the anxiolysis to this. chewed up a 200 mg caffeine pill on an empty stomach and i feel quite focused, this dose would usually cause panic attacks. odd...

You might not have ADHD then?

I'm similar in the sense that if dose to low on Adderall or any other stimulant, I find myself constantly yawning without that super speedy feeling. Sometimes I have fallen asleep ~4 hours after taking 15mg or so of Adderall plugged. Only a few times has it happened, but I really didn't have any trouble eventually getting to sleep and I was pretty shocked when I woke up.

Same thing happens for me with MDMA. I can dose 150-200mg, enjoy a few hours of feeling great, then just fall right asleep.

Continuous use really isn't a good idea with caffeine IMO. I don't know how many times I have to explain to people why they never have energy during the day. It all boils down to their caffeine addiction. Once they listen to me and cut out caffeine for months completely they all of a sudden find themselves with lots more energy. I mean it's obvious to us in the know, but to the average person they don't always realize it.

Caffeine calms me a good bit but I probably have some sort of ADD/ADHD. And caffeine helped me a ton during benzo withdrawal.

Just a heads up, you're going to get tore up with caffeine withdrawal if you stop cold turkey. Caffeine withdrawal is fucking a beast, feels like you have a brain tumor.

2 doses down today, another one in 4 hours. completely anxiety free, and oddly, really tired. finding myself yawning.

focus and wired feeling comparable to modafinil but no physical stimulation/energy. feel emotionally stable and no racing/intrusive thoughts which i experience 24/7 :)

i've been through benzo withdrawal (it was prescribed) before, i found that if i can get through that and a mild opiate withdrawal after knee surgery, i can get through a caffeine withdrawal easily. i hear the main symptom is migraines which can be alleviated with an NSAID.

timing my doses is getting annoying though, going to find a way to buy some extended-release caffeine tablets...

this is starting to sound like a log, so i will no longer bore you all with the details lol.

You might not have ADHD then?

i suppose i react differently to different stimulants. the only stimulants which have caused me panic out of the many i've tried were caffeine and methylphenidate (the latter actually gave me hellish akathisia).

all other stims have given me a sense of calm and clarity even at high doses.

the only reason i believe i have ADD is because of the above and also because i have constant, distracting, DISTURBING thoughts that won't allow me to be productive.

This is a typical reaction for ADD. Higher doses of stimulants will act the same for everyone.

Low doses just adjust our dopamine transmission to almost optimal levels. Higher doses kick dopamine into high gear just like everyone else's.

Also same thing for norepinephrine... These two (dopamine and norepinephrine) tend to go hand in hand in stimulants for some reason... One always effects the other.

lmao, freaking love the avatar, don't know why it fits your username.

Because I am a black man with an afro who does go by that nickname... LMAO

I made that avatar when burger king had that become a Simpson from your picture shit on their website

caffeine does not usually cause adverse reactions in many people until you get to high dose levels (300mg+/dose). the half life varies pretty widely between individuals too.

I don't buy the "stimulants effect people with ADD differently" claim. Are increased focus and concentration not typical effects of stimulants in most people? Why is it a suprise that small doses would increase focus but large doses would make you bounce off the walls?

caffeine does not usually cause adverse reactions in many people until you get to high dose levels (300mg+/dose). the half life varies pretty widely between individuals too.

I don't buy the "stimulants effect people with ADD differently" claim. Are increased focus and concentration not typical effects of stimulants in most people? Why is it a suprise that small doses would increase focus but large doses would make you bounce off the walls?

Regular people: Average focus + low doses = hyper-focus + higher doses = High.

ADD people: Lower than average focus + same low doses = in the range of regular focus + higher doses = high

There is a difference. And it has been observed. That is my understanding from it.

It isn’t that they don’t get high, it that the high is “different”. The high starts off more calmly...

I personally get sleepy at the start of stimulant highs as it is building up. Only when higher doses come into the picture do I become vibrant and vigilant...

They say it has to do with dopamine transmission over there in ADD. In a thread over there I remember reading that people with ADD have lower than average dopamine transmission (or that is the theory).

That shit is really over my head in actual reality... I recall you sekio being in that thread...

If you care to put that in Layman's terms, it will be appreciated.