• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can this kill you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondClass

Bluelighter
All my local pharmacy had was Guaifenesin syrup. It's 118 mL, has 10 mg of dex USP, and 100 mg of Guaifenesin USP. I bought two, should I drink them? So I guess it would be about 5 grams of Guaifenesin total.

I don't know about the toxicity of guafesin but I'm guessing they know that kids will be slamming the bottle regardless, so they only want a deterant, not something that will kill them

I would just get the syrup with DXM as the only active ingredient, but my pharmacy said they don't carry it anymore. So it was a choice between DXM+Guaifenesin and DXM+Acetaminophen.

Guaifenesin will make you sick as hell if you take too much of it. I am talking about dry heaving for hours.

Do NOT take 5 grams of it.

Find a better way to get high.

Guaifenesin will make you sick as hell if you take too much of it. I am talking about dry heaving for hours.

Do NOT take 5 grams of it.

Find a better way to get high.
I'll just induce vomiting with a saline solution if my stomach starts to hurt too much. I just bought some Pepto, as well.

apparently over 2x the maximum dose for a full day. Maybe you can extract the DXM from it through some means, I believe a CWE can be done for tablets with DXM, not sure about syrup and guafenesin. Probably worth seeing if its possible before harming your body or worse.

I would just get the syrup with DXM as the only active ingredient, but my pharmacy said they don't carry it anymore. So it was a choice between DXM+Guaifenesin and DXM+Acetaminophen.

You definitely can extract the acetaminophen with a cold water extraction leaving you with just DXM.

apparently over 2x the maximum dose for a full day. Maybe you can extract the DXM from it through some means, I believe a CWE can be done for tablets with DXM, not sure about syrup and guafenesin. Probably worth seeing if its possible before harming your body or worse.
Well, 150mg of DXM is the maximum dose for a full day, as well. And I'm going well over that. I've talked to people who have done 8-9 grams of Guaifenesin and didn't get sick. I know that this doesn't mean much, but it at least shows that different bodies react to it differently. And I'm a somewhat big guy. I'm hoping I get a bit naseous, take some Pepto, and then throw up. Then I could enjoy the rest of my trip (which is my first time going over 2nd plateau).

^so the rationale is if you are taking over the maximum dose of one drug then taking well over the maximum dose of any other drug is safe?

^so the rationale is if you are taking over the maximum dose of one drug then taking well over the maximum dose of any other drug is safe?
No, the rationale is that going over the "maximum" dose isn't inherently bad. It depends on the drug. From what I've read, the worst-case scenario for taking 5g of Guaifenesin is extreme nausea and projectile vomiting.

I don't know about the toxicity of guafesin but I'm guessing they know that kids will be slamming the bottle regardless, so they only want a deterant, not something that will kill them

It's not a deterrent, it's an active drug with a purpose. If they did use a deterrent, it would be an inactive ingredient. What the OP is looking for is cough syrup with only DXM.

Ok have fun with the projectile vomitting.

You come on here like you are looking for advice and then argue everything you are advised. You ask if 5 g is alright to take, then when told its a bad idea you claim many people you know have taken 8-9 g with no problem. So what are you looking for?

It's not a deterrent, it's an active drug with a purpose. If they did use a deterrent, it would be an inactive ingredient. What the OP is looking for is cough syrup with only DXM.
Yeah, I usually only buy the syrup with DXM as an active ingredient, but they were out. I don't really care about nausea/puke/diarrhea, I just wanted to make sure that 5g of it isn't equatable to 5g of acetaminophen or anything like that.

Ok, I try not to be judgemental. We all do stupid things for drugs and I understand when someone does something really stupid because they are in WDs but for fun?...just not for me.

So in keeping with harm reduction, here is a website that is all about DXM and this particular page shows how to extract the DXM from a syrup that has the guaifenesin in it...
http://www.dextroverse.org/extractions.html

But let me be clear, I have never tried an extraction such as this nor do I know if it is the proper way to do it. That site is a HR site (I guess...that's what it says).

Just be careful. And realize that when you talked about throwing up and then just enjoying the high, if you throw up the guaifenesin you are going to throw up the DXM also. Just because it is the guaif that makes you nauseated that doesn't mean that is the only thing you will throw up. Just depends on how long it has to absorb before you start puking your guts up. But if you have absorbed enough guaif to vomit you have probably absorbed DXM too. I just don't know how fun your trip will be if you can't stop projectile vomiting the whole time...doesn't sound like fun to me...but hey, to each their own!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.