• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Will I go into precipitated w/d's if I take suboxone tmrw? Last opiate one hour ago

crestfallen

Bluelighter
I have been using dilaudid and fentanyl for the past 2-3 days. I IV'd 32mgs total of D and cheeked 1 1/2 100mcg fentanyl patch.My last dose was about an hour ago of iv'd fentanyl probably 1/6 of a 100mcg/h patch. I have an appointment tmrw to get started on suboxone at noon, which is roughly 15 hrs since my last dose. Do you guys think I will go into the dreaded precipitated withdrawals? I read that the half-life of IV'd fent is 2.5 minutes though I'm not sure.

In the clear or am I screwed?

You've never been on suboxone? If you're in moderate WDs you'll probably be okay, but it seems to be different for everyone...

If you're on dilaudid and fent (both short half lives) and you wait 15 hours to go on subs you have nothing to worry about as far as precipitated withdrawal.

I used to wait 12 hours after my last dose of oxy to take my sub and never had an issue.

But my question is, if you've been using for 2-3 days, why do you need sub?

I never had a problem with using any form of buprenorphine. I never used heroin after I got on buprenorphine though. I had random attempts with oxymorphone and oxycodone when I had issues getting my subutex. One occasion I did a bag of oxycodone(funny how I can legitimately use the word bag in this instance), and afterwards I did 4-8mg of Suboxone about 4 hours after. No ill effect was given.

Ditto with uno though. Even if you've been using longer than 3days...using that amount within 3days isn't enough in my opinion for you to need Suboxone. You might be better off just kicking. Buprenorphine addiction is worse than dope in my opinion. Feel "normal" just to be sick when you don't have it, it makes you lazy, some get negative physical reactions to naloxone, and you're not going to be able to get high...you'll still damn well try though. I took 32-40mg's some days, and I knew that I wasn't getting agonist effects at that level, but I still would do it, just to say I would try.

I was on sub last year and kicked it in September. Now a close family member is prescribed tons of good opiates and I just don't want to go back to that lifestyle

So it's just a preventative measure? You know you won't be able to get high if you're on maintenance? Just don't get high. It's really not as hard as people make it out to be. If you're miserable sober, you need to change something up.

Depends on the person. Some people get sick a lot faster, others slower. You have to know your own body. If by 15 hours after your last dose you are in noticeable withdrawal, then you won't get PW's. Base it on how you feel, not the time.

I used to steal pain pills from my mom when she had surgery. My dad had to get back surgery recently and when I saw what they were giving him, the cravings returned with a vengeance. I'd like to say that being around all that didn't affect me, but I fell right back into those old habits. Thankfully no one has noticed anything so far

That's why I want to get back on sub. Even if it's only for the next few months, I can't have my fam looking at me like they did back then

I used to steal pain pills from my mom when she had surgery. My dad had to get back surgery recently and when I saw what they were giving him, the cravings returned with a vengeance. I'd like to say that being around all that didn't affect me, but I fell right back into those old habits. Thankfully no one has noticed anything so far

That's why I want to get back on sub. Even if it's only for the next few months, I can't have my fam looking at me like they did back then

Dont steal "extra" pain meds' from your parents...If they decide to only use some and hold onto the rest, it's for their benefit, not yours.

^^easier said than done, F&W!!

Question: While we're here, if i was using a gram of raw a day (or 10-15 bags of mix), how much sub would I need to get off the dope? When I was on 5 or 6 bags I only needed 1/3 of a stip, but I'm thinking my friend (literally) is gonna need a whole strip for sure for at least 5 days to get clean without going cold turkey. He refuses to go into treatment. I figured I'd help him...if I can.
GC

To the OP, I'm sure you can put off dosing if you don't feel sick by the time the doctors appointment comes around. They know their patients are addicts so I'm sure they see this type if thing all the time, so they should allow you a few more hours if needed before dosing you. I think they go by your withdrawal symptoms anyway when deciding how to dose you at first.

^^easier said than done, F&W!!

Question: While we're here, if i was using a gram of raw a day (or 10-15 bags of mix), how much sub would I need to get off the dope? When I was on 5 or 6 bags I only needed 1/3 of a stip, but I'm thinking my friend (literally) is gonna need a whole strip for sure for at least 5 days to get clean without going cold turkey. He refuses to go into treatment. I figured I'd help him...if I can.
GC

If your friend waits long enough then 6mg should do the trick. If you stop doing dope and have subs on you it's really easy for you to feel sicker than you really are since a lot of it is mental. IME if I wait any less than 24 hours then the subs won't work well. At 24 hours I just won't get sicker, but won't get that much better. At 36 hours I will get relief by taking 6-8 mg, but waiting 48 hours allows me to feel much better from taking 4mg, then maybe another 2mg about 12 hours later if needed, then take the next dose 18 hours later, and then you can begin to space it out every 24 hours.

The sicker you allow yourself to get, the more relief you will feel from the subs. I wouldn't use a gram my last time before stating the subs though. Take half the usual amount (or even less) and 4-6 mg of Suboxone should be fine considering you wait 36 hours. Whenever I've only waited like 18 hours I can't get full relief no matter how much Suboxone I take. It's ceiling effect makes it so that it really can't match up to that high of a heroin dosage so you can't take it at a time as early as you would be doing your next dose of dope. Instead you have to wait it out and allow yourself to get to the point where any moderate dose of an opioid would provide relief. You can't take it in place of your next dose of dope in hopes of avoiding withdrawals though, so you have to suffer some if you want relief.