• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

So who want's to have kids and why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzztroboy

Bluelighter
I decided a couple of years ago that i wouldnt, im 24 in a month and have really have no urge at all to have kids. The main reason the is world going down hill so fast (in my eyes) and i dont want to put a child into what the world is going to be in 30 years. Rather than bring a kid into an overpopulated world ive been sponsering a lil boy (bui) in vietnam for just over a year, hes now at school and his family has a cow (cracks me up too) and i figure that's a better way to do it.
Just wondering what other peep's are thinking :)

lmao...a cow?
i want kids. i just don't want to be pregnant and go thru the whole birthing process. and i don't want to have to keep them all day every day.
but yea...i want kids. ;)
-jen

Its a pity kids arent like cows, then you could have them running around free in the paddock without a care (j/k).
I get very annoyed when I hear "I want to have kids etc" bringing lives into this world, and then raising them requires commitment, responsibility, effort, understanding, most of the rest of your life and parents who will actually stay together.
I know so many people who think having kids is like having a pet dog or a hobby - it should not be done because of a whim, or because your confusing lust with many years of nurturing, or because all your friends are doing it.

I only want 1 kid. Pref. a boy but a girl is cool too. Just someone I can be close to and be there for, not like my own dad who was a dick and I never saw.
Evan

I used to not want any kids when I was a younger man, but I suppose people change as time goes by.
I used to think that I didn't want any kids because I felt I'd be a bad father, just like my own... and I also had the idea that we shouldn't be bringing any kids into this fucked world we live in.
As I got older my views changed a little. My father became a real dad as he grew up and I actually came to like him quite a bit. And as for my views on this fucked up world, I think it's my obligation to bring children into this world and raise them right, with all the proper tools to possibly make this fucked up world a better place. If I can't make the world a better place (not saying I'm not trying anymore), then maybe my kids can in the future.
I'm already starting to think my daughter is Buddha reincarnated with all the shit that comes out of her mouth... you just don't think a seven year old would say such deep things.
As far as other kids are concerned, I'd like to have more, but that decision will be up to me and a future mate. If I meet someone that doesn't want kids, I will be content with the one I already have... she's already more than I could ever ask for in a child. :)
[ 26 December 2001: Message edited by: Web ]

You might one day Azzz. The right girl, a happier exsistence. But just think, i will know that you have much time on your hands (smiles with glee) can you say...
FULLTIME BABYSITTER!!!!!!!!!!

when the time is right, i'll have kids. i love kids, and get along with/relate to them well (i work at a day care and am an elementary education major at school now). this may sound a litte weird, but i just know that i'll be a wonderful mother. but not for a while (i'm only 20).

I know i will want to have kids someday, for several reasons. I wanna extend my families name and heritage for more generations, and contribute to being an important part of my families history. I would like to see the similarities that my offspring would have to me, and their differences. I love kids, I want to teach them what I have learned, what i have experienced in my life. I will be a good father, i will scold them if they misbehave. However I will be very lienent as in I have ben there before. I will explain that if theyvhave a problem to just come to me. I will tell them not to fear what i will say, because I will give them the fair chance they deserve If they want to do drugs, thats fine, as long as they stay in school and maintain a normal lifestyle. Anything they want to do they can do in front of me, under my supervision so they dont make mistakes(even tho they are bound to make some on their own) There can be a certain age for drug use, like 16 or so. I would love to have kids some day

I say im going to have kids for sure when im older. i would have to say what i like about having your own child is that they cant just walk out on u and they will always be apart of your life. and it would be nice to know that there is some one out there that loves u always.

As life would have it...i've fallen somewhat giddy in love :)
he absolutely loves kids and thus, finds himself as an educational psychologist :)
me, i find myself loving kids too but none the less, i can't have any :(
oh good fucking ghod. that's just fucking pitiful, isn't it? i think i actually feel the sadness drippping off my heart...

Yeah I would love to have kids, I love children, they so sweet and nice and innocent, yes I know it aint going to be easy especially if they grow up to be like their father.... but I would love to have children, I see myself as a caring person, id like two girls and two boys please! :)

i don't want kids. i used to, but then i realized that i have enough trouble taking care of myself.
i have a niece and a nephew, and that's enough.
plus i already named the cat what i would have named my kid.

I have a ferret, does that count?
But seriously, I would like to have kids and will probably do so if I end up in a long term, stable relationship involving at least one woman.

I want to have children, but not anytime soon. I want to be married and financially stable before i bring a child into the world. If I do get pregnant before then, I would do everything in my power to provide a good and nurturing life for him/her. I work at a daycare and it is a blessing watching the kids grow and learn everyday.

I am only 21 and about a year ago realized how much I really do want a kid someday. Due to medical reasons I had the choice of having one then or not at all. I tried and discovered that I can't. This made me realize how much being able to have your own child really means. Children are a beautiful thing. I don't understand how anyone could say that never in their life do they want one.
[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: Twitch2 ]
[ 30 December 2001: Message edited by: Twitch2 ]

WOW! gotta say im suprised, i know lots of pps that dont want to have kids and i thought most bluelighters would be the same. Guess it's just me!!!!!!!!

I would love to have kids...when the time is right. My preference would be 2 boys. Girls are TROUBLE! Why do I want them...because they are so innocent and care-free. It's refreshing to see kids playing without a care in the world.
=)

Definately not anytime soon, but maybe someday I'll have 1 or 2. I'm gonna spoil the hell out of them too!!
I hate saying this, but I sorta feel I was deprived a lot as a kid and was hateful because of many things, so I'm gonna make sure my kids are happy whether they like it or not :D

I'm pretty sure I'll have children eventually, but the way things are with my school/career, it would be ideal to wait until at least 30.
I really don't feel that i necessarily want to physically have the kids. All my friends basically have children and I've seen/heard some horror stories. I think I could do without it, and would love to adopt. Two things though...1..cost of adoption and 2..just the idea of a child between you and someone you love looking a little like them and a little like you (curiosity, you know?)
But, we'll see when it gets here..

I'm going to have a girl named Holly and then five years later a boy named Wood. Sorted, now i just need to find a willing woman...

Status
Not open for further replies.