• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Why is all that black on bluelight today? In memory of a friend ...

abygale

Bluelight Crew
You may have noticed the memorial which has replaced our front page today, as well as the black headers on Bluelight's forum pages ...
From DoctorLove: "One year ago today, on Feb 12th 2001, a member of our BL community (as well as my best friend) died from a morphine related episode. I hope that his death goes out as a message to everyone on Bluelight. Today, take a few minutes to sit down and think about how wonderful life really is and how one stupid mistake could ruin yours, as well as the rest of the people that love you. RIP Ryan Thomas Haight aka Quiksilver. You are missed greatly."
[The memorial page will remain available at http://www.bluelight.ru/bluelight/rememberryan.html -sky]
[ 15 February 2002: Message edited by: skydancer ]

:( RIP ... sorry to hear about this, wishing all his friends and family all the best ..
[ 12 February 2002: Message edited by: Blue_DragonFly ]

thank you for this somber reminder of just how fragile the human life is.
brandon

This just so sad, i didn't even know the guy but my heart goes out to all his family and friends. He's in that happy place we all search for but some just take it too far. I hope people can learn from this tradgedy, why is life so cruel :(

Ahh with the one pill two many one line too long comment I thought it was e/meth related. Thanks for the clearup.

memories are all we have when people leave us... thanks to mellabopper for constructing such a beautiful tribute. quicksilver's poem was inspirational and brought tears to my eyes.
::::remembering quicksilver::::

Great job Mellabopper - Thank you for taking the time to put this tribute together.
I still can't believe that it's already ben a year since he passed... seems like only yesterday we were chatting away on IM.
We miss you, bro.
:(

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that knew and loved him...
He's with you all...

this made me appreciate this grey and rainy tuesday morning in a special way :) this is a beautiful tribute, well done to mellabopper and all involved.
rip quiksilver :(

I did not know him well, but my heart goes out to him and to all his friends and family.
Mella and Ryan both wrote such beautiful poems, too.
Thank you mods/admins for making this tribute happen.

This was very nice indeed. Im honored to have been able to help make it happen.
RIP Quicksilver.

I woke up this morning with a spring in my step and a smile on my face for my new found friendship with recreational drugs. That ended when I came online to see if anyone had bothered to read my trip report and I was confronted with the memorial front page, I read it with disbelief, and it made me realise that in all the shit we do to ourselves to get a quick high, sometimes just sometimes it can go tragicly wrong. I'm pretty new to Blue Light and the drug scene so I never knew Quicksilver, but I know what it is like to lose someone you care for and love, and the hope is that from someone finding out the hard way that drugs can kill and through the posts on this site we can prevent something like this happening again. It is to late for Quicksilver but maybe just maybe he can help us all a little, and when it is our time but not before we will all join him.
Someone asked me the other day if I belive in fate, well I say bullshit to fate for Quicksilvers sake and his friends and family.
R.I.P Ryan
And my thoughts to all that knew and loved him
Jokai

Its always deafening to see the light put out of a young mans life :(
To you Quicksilver, I never knew you but I could have easily been your friend.
Take care, you went to soon but you shone a light on us all and you will NEVER be forgotten.
My love to your family and friends, I wish nothing but my heartfelt sympathy and wish that your time on this earth somehow touched all you knew and all you felt..
Peace Ryan.....
[ 12 February 2002: Message edited by: Thor_Shroom ]

it's definitely a wakeup call. there's no better motivation to stop being stupid than this. i'm going to take it very personally. i dont do many drugs anymore, but i know that when i do, i go all out... so i'm going to put this image in the back of my head and remember that.
even though i already knew what i was going to expect when i went to bluelight today, it still brought tears to my eyes. my heart goes out to all of you that knew him (especially doctor love who was determined to make this memorial possible -- i hope i didnt let you down).
take care everyone.