• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cigs and Heart Condition

The Dr

Bluelighter
I need to quit smoking cigs so bad. I've had heart surgery and yet I continue to put this poison into my body. I really need to find a way to quit. I'm in very good shape and young. What are some suggestions anyone could offer? The electronic cigs don't work for me. I find myself just puffing on that sucker all day, I need something that works in a incredible fashion. I can keep my dope use under control, hell I even did it several days in a row to throw myself into withdrawals to see what my brother in rehab was going through. My point of that is that I have control of the substances I use. Just not these damn heart attacks sticks/cancer sticks/ gonna kill me sticks.

a good place to start would be to read Alan Carr's "easyway to quit smoking'

lots of people on bluelight have found it a very positive step in quitting this horrible addiction

it helps to 'brainwash' you per se, into the psychological state you experienced before becoming addicted to cigs, which is a really good way to motivate you to quit!

it isn't some lame self help book either, its helped a lot of people around the world and on bluelight

a good place to start would be to read Alan Carr's "easyway to quit smoking'

lots of people on bluelight have found it a very positive step in quitting this horrible addiction

it helps to 'brainwash' you per se, into the psychological state you experienced before becoming addicted to cigs, which is a really good way to motivate you to quit!

it isn't some lame self help book either, its helped a lot of people around the world and on bluelight

Nice, I'll have to check that out thanks! I'm assuming just go get the book and that'll be all I need to do? Besides reading it.

yeh all you have to do is read it, also if you are serious about quitting smoking then it will be easy for you to get through it as well :) good luck!

why do you smoke.. I mean what does it do for you.. why do you think you like it?

im curious: did you go back to tobacco or are you still using the e-cig? If the e-cig satisfies your nicotine craving you should stick with that instead of normal cigs while you work on quitting. It's doesn't harm your lungs like tobacco does, as im sure you are aware. Another good thing about it is when you crave the nicotine, try just taking a few puffs from the e-cig and put it away. To me that seems much easier when trying to limit my use instead of smoking a whole normal cig whenever the craving comes back. Not many people will take a few puffs off a normal cig and put it out. What happens is one will smoke a whole one each time. Quitting to me is much easier if I slowly reduce the amount I smoke over a period of time.

good luck with it

I guess it's soothing to smoke on a cigarette. The act of the smoke going in my lungs and exhaling. I guess I should try the e-cig again. Less harm to my body, and still enjoying the act of puffing/inhaling something that is somewhat like smoke.

just as an experiment.. does the act of inhaling deeply and exhaling produce any of the same effects.. I just quit and am so glad i did.. here is a thread about it if you havn't seen it.