PDA

View Full Version : Xanax on an empty stomach

draevon
15-06-2013, 01:19
Is there a reason why this should be a good/bad idea? I assume the onset of effects would be quicker (?), but could it be at the cost of lower bioavailability?

opiatekrzy
15-06-2013, 01:55
benzos have a very high bioavailability regardless. its good to take on an empty stomach because it will kick in faster (within 5-10mins) and you will feel its effects more noticably also, on a full stomach it will dampen the dose you took, so say you take 1mg on an empty stomach, and feel good/relief, whatever it is your looking for, on a full stomach, you will not achieve that feeling so quickly or as strong, it will just take longer to metabolize and the effects will feel lessened. you can always put them under ur tongue (sublingual) on an empty or full stomach and bypass that issue, however xanax taste like shit, but lingers in ur mouth for awhile (personally i dont mind it) benzos are the best and only way to go orally..cant go wrong

username13
15-06-2013, 09:50
Only thing i would say is that it would help you to also stay away from foods that induce cyp450 enzyme but otherwise...

draevon
15-06-2013, 11:06
benzos have a very high bioavailability regardless. its good to take on an empty stomach because it will kick in faster (within 5-10mins) and you will feel its effects more noticably also, on a full stomach it will dampen the dose you took, so say you take 1mg on an empty stomach, and feel good/relief, whatever it is your looking for, on a full stomach, you will not achieve that feeling so quickly or as strong, it will just take longer to metabolize and the effects will feel lessened. you can always put them under ur tongue (sublingual) on an empty or full stomach and bypass that issue, however xanax taste like shit, but lingers in ur mouth for awhile (personally i dont mind it) benzos are the best and only way to go orally..cant go wrong

Thanks! I'll try them sublingually the next time my stomach is full.

Crashing
15-06-2013, 15:55
TEST IT OUT... Take a xanax before eating and after eating, i bet you won't notice any difference. Once the football goes down the hatch your brain goes into benzo mode.

weekend addiction
17-06-2013, 00:02
By 10 minutes its kicking in no matter what's in your stomach. I'm just glad your not trying to snort it tbh.

aFro_dooBie
03-05-2014, 23:14
From my experience most definitely taking xanax (4mg) on a full stomach may have the effect that 1 or 2 would on an empty stomach. Take it on a nearly to fully empty stomach for best effect. If u hav eaten and still wanna take it, sublingual works just fine, (nearly as well as when taken orally) just be sure ALL the pill stays under your tongue until its COMPLETELY dissolved