• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone dosages of 200mg+ No more extra euphoria?

Supeudol

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Long term opioid/benzo & Lyrica user here.. I have a severe tolerance to opioids now its insane..
Anyways, even after waiting 14 hours or so in between dosages, and then I'll take 200mg of Oxycodone all at once. I'll take 10 OXY-IR 20's at once, yet I don't feel that euphoria that I used to feel from Oxy back in 2009. But from my experiences dosing Oxycodone any higher than 200mg at once does not produce anymore euphoria, it just adds to the sedation IMO.

I am currently prescribed to the generic APO-Oxycodone, and the brand name OXY-IR 20mg (Purdue). I'm also prescribed Clonazepam 2mg TID, and Lyrica 300mg BID, and Effexor XR 75mg/day. The Oxycodone CR (Controlled Release) that I get are just like the old school OC's, and work the same.. you can chew them, snort them, etc.

I think I really fucked my opiate tolerance from snorting so much Hydromorphone over the past 4 years or so... so its like Oxy doesn't even get me high anymore. I mean, yeah I will eventually get a nice nod going, but I get no euphoria from Oxy like I used too.. I don't understand, I used to get a really good rush from Oral Oxycodone.. now I don't. And snorting the Oxy 60s I have does not even compare to snorting Hydromorph.

Does anyone else agree that dosages of Oxycodone of over 200mg+ at a time produce no more euphoria than dosages of 200mg at a time. :\

Thanks all

I've definitely noticed that I don't really get anymore euphoria from any dose above 90mg of oxycodone than I would if I just stuck to 90. Between 60 and 90 there's a difference for me, but not a big one - typically 60 leaves me pretty much calm and chill, while 90 will make me a bit more "pleased" and content without adding too much more to the sedation. I do find I get into a kind of stupid mode where if I've taken like 100+mg, I feel like I have to keep taking more as time goes on. Could just be me, though.

Whenever I started taking large doses of oxycodone, I didn't really notice any euphoria.

I had taken 20 15mg IR oxy, after a script refill, and it did jack shit. Think I was shooting heroin at the time tho, so I'm not sure my opinion is worth anything on this.

Your tolerance(and mine) is probably just far too high.

Yeah, after a certain point nothing but a nice break from opiates is going to give you that euphoria. My girlfriend and I had been using heroin for about seven or eight months straight (my girlfriend even longer) and of course by the time we stopped nine days ago (went with family on an out of state vacation) we were each shooting rather huge and expensive amounts of the best dope I could find (5 bags minimum, an up to 8 of east coast stuff), but unless we used antihistamines and other sedatives we really were hardly nodding anymore. The fact that we were also doing 3 to 4 shots a day meant we really could not afford to raise our dose any higher but even if we did I'm sure that if we managed to achieve any euphoria, it would be incredibly short lasting.

I don't have much experience with oxycodone, but IME every opiate seems to stop producing euphoria at some point, due to the down regulation of the receptors and also just the saturation. It makes sense if you're familiar with methadones 'blocking effect', methadone doesn't actually block other opiates it just saturates the receptors so that using on too of it won't produce euphoria (much like if you were to pop a Percocet after shooting an opana). The difference between methadone (and why it seems to block other opiates more efficiently) is that it has an incredibly long half life. However, if your taking mega doses of a short acting opiate multiple times a day, it wouldn't be that much difference (it's just more of a pain because you still need to fix every 6-8 hours to not get sick).

For future use you can try using DXM in low daily dosages to prevent tolerance from building as fast-I might try that myself as I'm almost home and hear the dragon calling to me.

For future use you can try using DXM in low daily dosages to prevent tolerance from building as fast-I might try that myself as I'm almost home and hear the dragon calling to me.

Does this actually work? I might try this, my tolerance is just wildly out of control again.

Anyways,OP, like everyone said -your tolerance is just too high. You're gonna need a break to get the effects you want.

No more euphoria for me either. It's sad really. Would love to feel the way I used to when I could do a few 80mg Oxys and be flying for an hour or two. Those days are long gone...

^from what I know it does work to a degree though it's not a "cure" to tolerance by any means. Also, technically many other NMDA antagonists can do the same thing (ketamine, mxe, Ibogaine etc) but DXM can be taken daily in dosages that won't fuck you up really which can't be said for something like PCP.

I do know that NMDA antagonists definitely potentiate amphetamines and opiates-I take methadone daily, as well as Adderall, and like I said I had been shooting heroin multiple times a day as well up until recently. Methadone is not only an opioid but also an NMDA antagonist (at least the type in the US is-not sure about Europe, I think it depends whether it's racemic). Whenever I missed a dose of methadone I would never be able to get anywhere near the ammount of effects from the amphetamines or the heroin (I'm on a low dose btw that doesn't block other opiates)-even if I shot an incredibly large and reckless amount of smack I could not get nearly as high as I would off a much smaller dose after taking the methadone. The same goes for the adderall. Whether this is mostly due to the fact that nmdA antagonist potentiate these drugs, or that it does significantly reduce the tolerance, I do not know (it does do both though, to some degree).

Also, I forgot to clarify-while I can't be certain that this is true for the dope, I know that the increase of effects in the amphetamines is not due to the addition of an opiate/opioid (instead of an NMDA antagonist) as I have always almost wound up using much more heroin when I did not make it to the clinic, and even if I took the adderall after doing a rather large shot, I still would not get similar effects, leading me to believe that this is caused by the fact that methadone has NMDA antagonist properties as well.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing basically the same thing. I remember years ago that each time I took more I would get more high, basically until I was in OD territory. More nod, more euphoria, more everything, I would notice a huge difference between 60-90mg and 150+mg.

But now, I don't really notice a difference between how I feel at 60mg and how I feel at 120mg. I only get anything you could refer to as "euphoria" with the first dose of the day, and I will notice the difference between 60 and 90mg with the first dose, but only for a few minutes, and I basically plateau after the first dose. If I take 60mg at first, then 90mg 1-2 hours later I will barely be any higher at all, it will just keep me feeling how I am for longer. And I can't catch a nod unless I dose 150mg+ as my first dose and have been keeping my doses low on the days before it and haven't dosed at all for 24 hours, or take 210-240+ over the course of a few hours combined with something synergistic.(or at least in the past this had been true, as you'll read in a second this may not even work anymore.) And thats obviously not sustainable, and jacks my tolerance up where I require much more to just stay well, so I don't even try to chase that high anymore.

Generally, I just dose 60mg in the morning, and 30 more as I feel I need it, and try not to dose in the evening so I can actually feel my morning dose. I really feel that if I take anymore than that I'm just wasting it because the difference is negligible and not worth raising my tolerance for.

Learned my final lesson(I hope) last week, ending up dosing 300mg(90mg from morning until evening, and then 210mg that night, though not at once) trying to catch a nod and didn't even get close and had a real shitty next couple days trying to maintain at my usual dose levels.