• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bf in rehab.

U

Unregistered1

My boyfriend is in a Narcanon treatment facility and i am TERRIFIED. i want to fly there and take him away. What are your thoughts on these facilities? I would gladly put him anywhere but there.

Are these the treatment centers that are owned and ran by the Church of Scientology? Is your boyfriend an adult? If he is an adult and is then there by his choice then you cannot make him leave. If he is under 18 and not an adult there is also nothing you can do. Who "put" him there as you stated (that you would gladly put him anywhere but there)?
Are your concerns because of it being based on Scientologists or some of the reports about mistreatment or problems with the program?

lol scientologists?

Yeah if he wanted to be there than all is (relatively) good, but if he was forced then, I think thats a no-no. Forcing people to do anything always backfires, it seems, at least if what they are being forced to do is not in THEIR HEART to begin with, then yeah....but sometimes our hearts are clouded from ourselves and our friends/family can see us better for who we really are.....strange how the world works sometimes.

The Narcanon facilities have a philosophy of non-drug assisted rehabilitation. No suboxone, methadone or other drugs are used. I called a bunch of places trying to get my son into a rehab but they didn't accept minors or Medicaid. I forgot L. Ron Hubbard was the scientology guy. If the program works for him, that's great. In a county lock-down hospital, he could fare worse you know?

I'm sure the Narcanon place isn't cheap either. What type of drugs is your boyfriend trying to quit? How long has he been in there for?

Narcanon programs are notoriously horrible. They try to dehumanize you, break you down and brainwash you. Had a friend go to one of their programs, nothing good to say about it. Except that he ended up running away from the place with one of the girl counselors. I think narcanon programs are roughly around 50k and if you leave the program you forfeit all of your money.

For heroin they would give you an overload of niacin and make you sit in a sauna for hours on end, that and reprogramming.

If he is there by choice then you can't do anything about it. However, I would be worried too. There have been deaths from poor medical treatment at these facilities. They also use some very dangerous practices for people who are not in good health (most addicts aren't) and in WDs. Here is a link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narconon

Maybe you can get ahold of him and convince him to go into a traditional (much safer) rehab facility.

I would go and get my significant other if they were in a place like that.