• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine.

ace-x

Greenlighter
Hi does dextroamphetamine sometimes not work?

Like you take it and feel nothing really at all?

If you take some and your dead tired and haven't been eating right then yes that sounds normal.

Shouldn't it work better on an empty stomach though?

And yeah I was pretty tired when it didn't work really well, just gave me a headache and made me a little less tired but not more focused or anything.

Should I just double the amount I take or something if I'm tired and not eating well?

I find any amps work wonders better after a good night of sleep. Try taking a nap before doing some more.

okay i will take 10mg now after 8 hours sleep and a big coffee, maybe 15mg i'll see how i feel in 20 mins after taking the 10 :D

BTW why does it say "bluelighter" under all your names but I'm "greenlighter"?

Hi does dextroamphetamine sometimes not work?

Like you take it and feel nothing really at all?

Even after getting a good nights sleep, I can experience this as well. It's rare and really only happened when I first started Adderall, but it does tend to occur once every 6 months or so now. I am unable to find a medical reason for explaing this other than the fact that it could be your stomach is really acidic that day so none of the AMP is absorbed. Unlikely but possible.

Also, if you're actually getting tired from taking Amphetamine this is know as the "paradoxical effect."

BTW why does it say "bluelighter" under all your names but I'm "greenlighter"?

This is because you're new. Once you accumulate 50 posts (although it might be 100, don't remember :\) it will change to "Bluelighter"

^you don't have enough posts...you become a "blue-lighter" after fifty posts but still not really one of the cool kids until you become "bluelight crew"! I won't say exactly how that's achieved, but it helps is you have no gag reflex and you're adept with your tongue!

Anyway, to answer your question...No, with a high enough dose of IR Dextro you should feel euphoric and energized regardless of how tired, hungry and depressed you are, that's what makes amphetamines so amazing! The Germans used to give it to their pilots and other military personnel for that very reason during WWII. The Japanese as well...Doing this definitely takes its toll on your body and mind and there's a limit of how long you can keep re-dosing and still have it be effective....after a point the fatigue is so great it can't be masked with drugs...

But, if you're not a regular user and you haven't been using it for days on end, you definitely should feel it! 10mgs is on the low side for Dex doses and most people wouldn't experience very noticeable effects from that amount, especially if it's a time release pill....Also, you gain a tolerance to the same dose over time so that's what could be happening too....

Also, some people don't interpret the effects of amphetamine as a high at first....It's funny, because I've seen people talking a mile a minute with dilated pupils say "ahhh, I'm not sure if I actually feel anything!"....

As a new user of Dex, I'd start with 20mg....I used IR dex 2-3 times a week for years and my tolerance never got to where I wasn't feeling really great from 50mg....Adderall is a different animal, but with minimal tolerance and non-daily use, you can achieve similar effects...

I just have dextroamphetamine sulphate 5mg pills not extended release or anything you can break them with your teeth like a biscuit.

But they usually work and it's just occasionally that they wont work or will actually make me tired like Swamp Fox said.

But I usually have quite a low tolerance to drugs now days, I used to be able to do half gram lines of speed but now I can get high from not even a half of a point of a gram which is weird(I wasn't really tolerant to the speed I only really used it on the weekend and maybe once a month or two would do it on a weekday), the same thing for weed too, I can smoke maybe just a tiny pinch on top of a pipe full of tobacco and get high, but that doesn't last forever and within 3 or 4 days tolerance has usually built up to where I'm smoking 2 or 3 cones in a row to get stoned for an hour or 2.

I've taken 72 pills so far so i'm not really that new and when I first got them even just 1 pill was enough to get decent effects but now it's 2 or 3 for not such great effects but still good most times.

I try not to do them everyday too, so i try to have 2 or 3 days off a week so I shouldn't really be that tolerant.

I just have dextroamphetamine sulphate 5mg pills not extended release or anything you can break them with your teeth like a biscuit.

But they usually work and it's just occasionally that they wont work or will actually make me tired like Swamp Fox said.

Wow! I wish I had that low of a tolerance lol. I can't really get any sort of effect out of pure dex anymore unless it's in the 30-40 MG range and even then I prefer to take 60MG's. I have to say, though. This is probably due to the fact that I've been taking Amphetamines nearly everyday for past four years due to ADHD.

On a side note, I'm not surprised this is causing you to feel tired, this is an unexplained medical phenomena that occurs when taking stimulants. It's the called the paradoxical effect due to the fact that increased fatigue felt from a stimulant is as the name suggests, a paradox. Increasing your dose should make it go away. I also found that this happened all the time when I first started stimulant ADHD treatment. As you become more tolerant, it happens less and less which is the exact opposite of what you would expect.....which is another paradox ;)

^If there's a drug out there that you can get away with taking higher doses of safely with a low side-effect profile, Dexedrine is it....It's the best, cleanest stimulant that's ever been IMO...a truly awesome drug!

Yeah the low tolerance thing is great for the most part in saving money and the amount of drug I have but also It's bad because if I take too much of anything by only a small amount I start to get really bad anxiety so I have to be careful with the dose of things :p

I got prescribed some shitty SSRI for the anxiety but I really don't want to take it as the last time I took half of one I felt really bad and just completely empty so I'm going to stay away from them forever I think but I still have codeine/paracetamol pills which I can use instead of benzos Usually I'll just take 3 but if the anxiety is bad i might do CWE on 10 - 13 tablets for probably 80 - 120mg of codeine, depending on how much is lost in the filter and the brand I buy.

I really should probably start stocking up on codeine/paracetamol pills while they're still legal OTC here lol.

Yeah the low tolerance thing is great for the most part in saving money and the amount of drug I have but also It's bad because if I take too much of anything by only a small amount I start to get really bad anxiety so I have to be careful with the dose of things :p.

The best thing about Amphetamine is, as a whole, it actually gets BETTER with tolerance. The initial intense euphoria goes away pretty quickly and as soon as this happens you feel no euphoria at all. But as you keep taking it, the euphoria builds back up again and levels off. It won't ever be what it once was, but it's about half or maybe even 2/3rds the initial euphoria.

Here's a diagram I drew of the euphoria over time in MS paint (ignore all the other shit on the page)

bstuve.gif

Another great thing about tolerance is; as time goes on, the anxiety you get from the AMP gets less and less. As with you, I also had awful anxiety when I started Adderall. I'm diagnosed Bipolar as well as diagnosed with an amassment of anxiety disorders (you can view all of them if you want on my profile page). Adderall made my anxiety so bad when I started it, that little things that normally give you maybe a little anxiety, but exit your mind just as quickly as it enters; were giving me full blown panic attacks about really stupid shit.

The thoughts would usually play out like this - "Mom's watching TV downstairs all by herself.......I wonder if she's lonely? She probably is lonely.....god I feel bad for her...maybe I should go downstairs just to be with her, but if she's already lonely then that means she's already disappointed about the fact that I don't spend a lot of time with her....man I should spend time with mom, she does so much for me and I can't even watch TV with her, she's probably really depressed about it right now! God whats wrong with me!? I could have prevented this! JESUS I'm such an asshole!! I'M THE REASON WHY MOMS DEPRESSED!! Do I do this to other people....I probably do! WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE!?!?!? I'M THE ONE THAT'S CAUSING PEOPLE STRESS!!!!!"

After that point, it would usually result in a full blown panic attack and this would happen a couple times a day. The emoticons are great at showing the entire thought process so I'll make use of them.

:D - I would be feeling like this when all of a sudden I would get an idea...
:? - This idea would lead to a fake realization and then I'd be like this...
8o - Because of this, it would usually make me feel bad so my mood would drop and I'd be like this...
icon_neutral.gif
- I'd then keep adding and adding to that idea so it just kept getting worse and worse until I would feel really bad about myself and usually sorry for someone else so I'd be like this...
:( - until my thought's would be racing and all my thoughts were extremely anxiety filling and I would feel like this...
8( - after that point it would get to the point where I would panic and literally be saying to myself "NO MORE! NO MORE! NO MORE!" Like this...
:! - After the panic would end, I would then think to myself "Well that was stupid." and feel like this...
:| - I'd then remember I was high and the joy from that would build back up so I felt like this...
:\ - which would ultimately result in me feeling like this again
:D - Around two or so hours later, the proccess would start all over again...

This can still happen to me while on my medication, but it's now a rare occurrence.

I got prescribed some shitty SSRI for the anxiety but I really don't want to take it as the last time I took half of one I felt really bad and just completely empty so I'm going to stay away from them forever

You really should give it a chance. I know it's nothing like a benzo but they can help in the long run. I've personally never had any success with SSRI's. I've been on nearly all of them and the only one that improved anything was Paroxetine. But that only improved Depression for me - and it didn't touch my anxiety. However, I've heard some great success stories from the people it has worked for.

As for other things you could try; you could ask your doctor about Buspar. From the things I've heard about that - it give one of two effects. It either work amazingly, or it doesn't work at all. Mirtazapine is the same way. Seroquel could be worth a try; since its mechanism of action is the DIRECT OPPOSITE of that of an Amphetamine, it will terminate almost any anxiety you feel from Dex. However, it will knock you on your ass tired, and it will terminate the high from amphetamine.

Oh another one I forgot to mention is Gabapentin! Gabapentin worked amazingly for my personal anxiety! It turns out that Gabapentin works in a very similar way to a benzo - that's why it's so effective at treating anxiety. However, it no longer works for me. It seems that tolerance rears it's ugly head pretty quickly from it.

I think but I still have codeine/paracetamol pills which I can use instead of benzos Usually I'll just take 3 but if the anxiety is bad i might do CWE on 10 - 13 tablets for probably 80 - 120mg of codeine, depending on how much is lost in the filter and the brand I buy.

Some information that is essential to know is to NEVER take a benzo after taking a stimulant of any kind. It's unlikely, but the incredible strain that this will put on your heart could very possibly cause a heart attack.

Codeine is a much better alternative, however, do not do this often! Taking any opiate, especially when they're so addictive, just so you can relax is incredibly dangerous. Relying on opiates for something like anxiety is one of the best ways to set yourself up with an addiction. If you happen to do it once in awhile, fine. I can't stop you so it is what it is. However, be incredibly alert and cautious so you can stop an addiction before it takes hold.

^If there's a drug out there that you can get away with taking higher doses of safely with a low side-effect profile, Dexedrine is it....It's the best, cleanest stimulant that's ever been IMO...a truly awesome drug!

I absolutely agree! Almost all OTC stimulants are what I would call "dirty energy", comparable to a power plant that burns coal. It provides energy, but it's extremely dirty and polluting. These are the drugs that are legal purely because when abused, they result in extreme consequences (view my Caffeine overdose thread). Caffeine is by far the worst stimulant and, debatably, the worst drug in existence. It always gives me anxiety, always gives me heart palpitations, and I always regret taking it when I do. While practically every other stimulant is better than Caffeine - there are others that fall into this "dirty energy" category.

Pseudoephedrine and Ephedrine are amphetamine and cathinone derivatives, but are still pretty "dirty" feeling. It provides mild stimulation, but when taken in higher doses, it feels pretty similar to caffeine. Phenylephrine is the precursor to adrenaline and has replace ephedrine as the main decongestant. I don't get any effects from it...at all. In higher doses it feels like a regular small dose of caffeine.

Nicotine is actually a pretty good stimulant, and it actually tends to reduce anxiety. But when taken in higher doses, it can induce something coined by literature known as a Nicotine "Overdose". During a nicotine "overdose" you have all the symptoms of a panic attack (extreme sweating, rapid heart beat, lightheadedness, anxiety, etc..) plus you feel like you're about to puke. These tend to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes and usually don't result in you puking (although I have had it happen before). I wouldn't classify Nicotine if it weren't for this feeling. Also this isn't an actual Nicotine overdose. People just call it that because it feels like you're going to die while it's happening. You would have have to smoke around 120 cigarettes at once in order to actually overdose on nicotine.

D-AMP is what I would call "clean energy" comparable to a power plant that uses nuclear energy. What I mean by that is; there are no immediate emissions that result from Dex. You can go years without ever having a problem result from it, and it ultimately provides more energy than those dirty stims. It works, it gets its job done and it does it well. However, if (and that's a big IF) if it fails, the results of it failing are catastrophic. You can never recover from a Dextroamphetamine accident. While an accident resulting from any of the dirty stims is pretty awful at the time, it goes away pretty quickly and everything is back to normal in a week or so. But with a Dex accident - you will be feeling that for the rest of your life.

The thoughts would usually play out like this - "Mom's watching TV downstairs all by herself.......I wonder if she's lonely? She probably is lonely.....god I feel bad for her...maybe I should go downstairs just to be with her, but if she's already lonely then that means she's already disappointed about the fact that I don't spend a lot of time with her....man I should spend time with mom, she does so much for me and I can't even watch TV with her, she's probably really depressed about it right now! God whats wrong with me!? I could have prevented this! JESUS I'm such an asshole!! I'M THE REASON WHY MOMS DEPRESSED!! Do I do this to other people....I probably do! WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE!?!?!? I'M THE ONE THAT'S CAUSING PEOPLE STRESS!!!!!"

This is like the complete opposite of my panic attacks, yours seem to be more thought and word based where as mine usually play out like this

-start to feel a little anxious
-try to ignore it but still the feeling is getting worse/staying the same
-end up running my fingers through my hair to try and distract myself and give me like a really simple task to focus on
-if it keeps getting worse i'll start walking around trying to distract myself by walking and trying to think about other things
-it usually wont get any worse after i start walking around but if it doesn't go away I end up turning off the lights and lying in bed in the dark(usually within a few seconds of me being in the dark lying in bed it will completely go away)

All this feeling I'm talking about is based back from when I had my first panic attack and over about 5 minutes my whole body was pins and needles I was pale as f**k and thought I was having a heart attack/dying it was one of the worse feelings I've ever felt and ended up in hospital for an hour or so. So when I start to feel even anything related to the start of that panic attack I freak out and worry about having another one that's like the first.

You really should give it a chance. I know it's nothing like a benzo but they can help in the long run. I've personally never had any success with SSRI's. I've been on nearly all of them and the only one that improved anything was Paroxetine. But that only improved Depression for me - and it didn't touch my anxiety. However, I've heard some great success stories from the people it has worked for.

As for other things you could try; you could ask your doctor about Buspar. From the things I've heard about that - it give one of two effects. It either work amazingly, or it doesn't work at all. Mirtazapine is the same way. Seroquel could be worth a try; since its mechanism of action is the DIRECT OPPOSITE of that of an Amphetamine, it will terminate almost any anxiety you feel from Dex. However, it will knock you on your ass tired, and it will terminate the high from amphetamine.

Oh another one I forgot to mention is Gabapentin! Gabapentin worked amazingly for my personal anxiety! It turns out that Gabapentin works in a very similar way to a benzo - that's why it's so effective at treating anxiety. However, it no longer works for me. It seems that tolerance rears it's ugly head pretty quickly from it.

Seroquel was the one I tried half of a tablet and that really was a horrible feeling like I lost all sense of who I was and just felt like every emotion had been stolen away from me and I was left as just a blank shell with no personality or emotion and that was only from one half of the first SSRI I ever took, I know you're not even supposed to feel anything from taking it but I felt a lot from it and I'd rather have 10x worse anxiety than I have now than be not able to feel anything at all, I've read that SSRI's can cause permanent sexual anhedonia and I've also just grabbed this quote from some random guy who posted on some random site

"As for long term effects... I think I was just unfortunate and unlucky (what a surprise).

There's another guy who suffered from the same problem after taking Prozac... 7 years later his emotions still didn't return, forgot his name, but he's around here on this site.

I don't even understand how I can continue living like this. I'm probably going to visit a psychiatrist, but I don't think they'll even help... as I'm like this because of Prozac (SSRI antidepressants).

I have never seen anyone recovering from anhedonia with NO emotions... I think this is permanent brain damage unfortunately... I try to hope that I can live again, but I think it's impossible. "

It seems similar to what I experienced from the half of a tablet and I seriously don't ever want to risk losing my personality and emotions so I really wont ever touch another SSRI as I think I'm within the few people that have a bad reaction to them even if another type of SSRI might work really well for me it's something I'm really not willing to gamble with.

Some information that is essential to know is to NEVER take a benzo after taking a stimulant of any kind. It's unlikely, but the incredible strain that this will put on your heart could very possibly cause a heart attack.

Codeine is a much better alternative, however, do not do this often! Taking any opiate, especially when they're so addictive, just so you can relax is incredibly dangerous. Relying on opiates for something like anxiety is one of the best ways to set yourself up with an addiction. If you happen to do it once in awhile, fine. I can't stop you so it is what it is. However, be incredibly alert and cautious so you can stop an addiction before it takes hold.

Haha, yeah I know it can be addictive but I'll never become addicted to it, I've been using this for for fun and anxiety for about 7 years now and never have I felt even the slightest bit addicted, I take only 150mg maximum at a time and the longest I've binged on it was about a week where I'd take 150mg in the morning and 150mg around midday or a little into the afternoon, my usual habits of it are taking 400mg in a dose of 130mg/130mg/140mg over a two or three day period this happens about once every month or two and I never really feel like taking it again until I get the random idea that I want to chill out on some codeine which is never really after I've just taken it for 2 or 3 days I usually worry too much about my liver from just using coffee filter to filter it. But on top of that use for fun, I'll take some for anxiety too within that one or two month period but I really never take more than 2 or 3 10mg codeine/500 paracetamol tablets if it's for anxiety and the two are completely unrelated in my mind, I'm not using the anxiety as an excuse to take more or anything.

Nicotine is actually a pretty good stimulant, and it actually tends to reduce anxiety. But when taken in higher doses, it can induce something coined by literature known as a Nicotine "Overdose". During a nicotine "overdose" you have all the symptoms of a panic attack (extreme sweating, rapid heart beat, lightheadedness, anxiety, etc..) plus you feel like you're about to puke. These tend to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes and usually don't result in you puking (although I have had it happen before). I wouldn't classify Nicotine if it weren't for this feeling. Also this isn't an actual Nicotine overdose. People just call it that because it feels like you're going to die while it's happening. You would have have to smoke around 120 cigarettes at once in order to actually overdose on nicotine.

I've had that feeling a few times while trying to quit smoking and putting on two 21mg nicotine patches and then sucking on a 4mg nicotine lozenge thing It wasn't so bad it was more a fuzzy feeling in my head that I lost a lot of concentration and started to feel quite nauseous but I was fine again after about 5 - 10 minutes of taking both the cigarette patches off and washing the skin the double patch thing was only once I learned from my mistake and the few other times were just from too many lozenges.

D-AMP is what I would call "clean energy" comparable to a power plant that uses nuclear energy. What I mean by that is; there are no immediate emissions that result from Dex. You can go years without ever having a problem result from it, and it ultimately provides more energy than those dirty stims. It works, it gets its job done and it does it well. However, if (and that's a big IF) if it fails, the results of it failing are catastrophic. You can never recover from a Dextroamphetamine accident. While an accident resulting from any of the dirty stims is pretty awful at the time, it goes away pretty quickly and everything is back to normal in a week or so. But with a Dex accident - you will be feeling that for the rest of your life.

An accident from Dextroamphetamine is an overdose I'm guessing? and what are the things you can never recover from?

I find any amps work wonders better after a good night of sleep. Try taking a nap before doing some more.

Word. Even resting or closing the eyes in the bedroom or another quiet peaceful place shifts my mindset dramatically - to the point where I can actually identify the shift as it's happening! madness.

All this feeling I'm talking about is based back from when I had my first panic attack and over about 5 minutes my whole body was pins and needles I was pale as f**k and thought I was having a heart attack/dying it was one of the worse feelings I've ever felt and ended up in hospital for an hour or so. So when I start to feel even anything related to the start of that panic attack I freak out and worry about having another one that's like the first.

Yeah that's what I meant by panic....

Anyways, unless you

Seroquel was the one I tried half of a tablet and that really was a horrible feeling like I lost all sense of who I was.

Seroquel is actually an antipsychotic. SSRI's work by increasing the amount of Serotonin in the brain, while antipsychotics work at DECREASING Serotonin (although Seroquel does much more than just that)

Haha, yeah I know it can be addictive but I'll never become addicted to it.

Famous last words....just saying. :\

An accident from Dextroamphetamine is an overdose I'm guessing? and what are the things you can never recover from?

That, or there have been times when I was on a considerable dose of D-AMP and I pushed myself physically beyond my limits. Not just slightly beyond like you're supposed to do when working out - but I just kept going and going until finally I had a seizure and passed out. The over-stimulation, couple with the extreme physical distress is what made it happened.

When I arrived at the hospital, to stop me from having convulsions they gave me an intravenous shot of Diazepam (Valium), at least I was told. I don't remember any of it. Although I'm assuming that's why I woke up in the hospital around a day and a half later.

haha dextroamphetamine is so fucking addictive!

but yeah i wake up make sure i take tums and drop 10-20mg and i'll fall asleep right after no problem. I think it's mostly the paradoxical reaction as i could take 40mg and still fall asleep. Lesson learned: don't take it when you may fall asleep!

If it's true that euphoria starts to occur after tolerance accrues then this is the best drug on earth, next to etizolam.

dextroamp is not near as stimulating as the rest but it's euphoric and does its job better than any other stim i've tried. I just get so damn tired when it kicks in and when it wears off. I don't crash i just can't stay up or focus/concentrate anymore. I'd need about 80mg/day to keep myself happy but am stuck at 20-30mg/day ATM and i am so damn fatigued that i wonder if cutting it out completely would be better.

sometimes i combo the d-amp with ephedrine to give it a little kick; it is definitely clean energy, so clean that you may indeed not feel it or fall asleep on it. But once you're fully awake, 20mg should get the house clean at least! Ephedrine is a dirty monster but it sort of compliments dexedrine if you like that extra tweak feeling. Though you do have to watch out you don't give yourself a manic / heart attack.