• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine side-effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyzeb

Bluelighter
I'm experiencing a side-effect i've never experienced before. I've taken 35m (7 - 5 mg ir tabs.)
I'm used to the rapid heart beat and elevated blood pressure, but as I started to come down from the euphoria.. I've started to experience what I believe is low blood pressure (rapid but very weak heartbeat)
I feel this is dangerous and I need to know if it's a side-effect or perhaps i'm having a heart problems.
I'm having slight chest discomfort. Sharp, quick pain coming and going occasionally over my heart.

Any time someone is scripted amphetamines and experiences sharp pain in the heart, its an indication that something's up with your heart.

If you have a legit script, it wouldn't be unwise to ask your doc about this and possibly have a EKG run to make sure you don't have some underlying heart condition that the amps are exacerbating.

I read somewhere on ADDforums that you're supposed to have your heart checked occasionally whether you're experiencing such symptoms or not (once a year is the general rule I believe).

It's your heart, arguably the most important organ to your existence. It couldn't hurt to have a couple of tests run to make sure everything checks out.

I've heard of a lot of people using amphetamine having slight chest pains and nothing being wrong with them. I've had chest pains before and had EKGs ran and everything came back okay. I'm more worried about the blood pressure fluctuation.. Anyone ever experience that..?

Don't duplicate threads. You already have a thread on this topic so I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.