• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dextroamphetamine side-effect

Wackyzeb

Bluelighter
Recently i've been taking up to 50 mg dextroamphetamine 5 mg ir tablets aday. Little to no side-effects until here recently.
The last few days have been terrible.. All side-effects check out as un-severe except for two.
Yesterday I woke up and took 3, 5 mg Ir.. No biggy. About 6 hours later I took another 3, 5 mg IR.
I started to get a fever, up to 101.4 once it peaked. Finally got some sleep and after I woke up fever broke..
Today, I took 7, 5mg equaling 35mg dextro. This time i'm having an absolutely strange side-effect. I'm used to having an increased heartbeat with increased blood pressure (pounding in chest) which is expected.. But when I start to come down from the euphoria, is when I start to feel most of my side-effects. I'm experiencing a very weak, yet rapid heart-rate. Is this considered low blood pressure..? It's 3:15 am, so no way to check my blood pressure unless I call an ambulance. Minimal chest discomfort, occasional sharp but very short pains.. Any idea if fluctuating blood pressure is a side-effect.. Or could I be having heart issues..
Please, give me a responce soon. Thanks.

[merge]

Just posted this threat and it doesn't show up..

I typed a decent amount so going to make this short n sweet.

Im used to having increased heart rate and blood pressure on around 35mgish. (5 mg ir tablets)
but as I came down from the euphoria tonight, I believe I have decreased blood pressure (rapid but faint heart beat) but as it's 3:30 am I dont have blood pressure machine nor is anywhere open..
Is this a life-threatning side effect? I have a slight chest discomfort that is coming and going. Sharp but very short pain occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there.

Posts need to be approved when they're placed in the anonymous forum. This usually doesn't take long at all. I've merged both of your threads and I'm going to move the thread over to Other Drugs. What I would say though, is you should definitely get examined by a doctor if you have a fever and cardiac issues.

Anonymous -> OD

Such a sustained dose of amphetamine can't be good. You may have cardiac arrhythmia which may be accented by dextroamphetamine. How is your sleep? Lack of sleep may also lead to you feeling well. How long have you been taking them?

In all honesty it's likely not life threatening-I've experienced those side effects many times and I'm still alive, though I do believe that if something feels wrong, than its likely not good for you and if for the sake of only keeping yourself comfortable, you should try to stop the root if the cause which in this case I believe to be dosing too high with the speed.

Obviously 50mg is not an insanely high dose at all for dextroamphetamine and in fact is rather pitiful when compared to the ammount of methamphetamine some people use (which is approximately 2x stronger). I don't say that to dicksize in anyway though, what I really mean is that while other people may use much higher dosages, it's often unnecessary or caused by frequent and chronic use, because the truth is that you can also get very noticeable effects off of lower dosages as well-in fact I never take more than 30mg of IR adderall at a time and have only taken more than 50mg a day a handful of times in the last few years. IME adderall and Dextroamphetamine always produce better effects at a max dose of 30mg. Higher doses will produce euphoria still of course, but I've found that een if I've raised my tolerance due to binging or even just daily use, once I take more than 30mg at a time I experience a much more pronounced crash. If you plan on continuing to use dextroamphetamine I would try taking a little bit of a break (amphetamine tolerance drops rather rapidly compared to some more stubborn substances). Then, when you decide to resume taking it, dose 20-25 milligrams and see how that works for you.

Also, just to be clear, while it sounds to me that you are experiencing pretty standard symptoms of an amphetamine come down, you should not hesitate to seek medical attention if you begin to feel very uncomfortable or concerned about your condition. I wouldn't normally recommend taking benzodiazepines, but if you don't have a problem with them 1-2mg of xanaxa or clonazepam (1mg should be enough if you are benzo naive-also if you use other depressants to come down than don't take benzos in addition) often work really well to end a bad crash. I think it can be a good thing to just have one or two on hand always when you're taking stimulants.

Z is right this is all usual. You on the other hand need to slow your roll a little bit. I have been off amphetamines for five months and am deliberating picking up where I left off (with an adjusted dose in light of the break) because it really 'hits the spot' for me (thats addict talk); need to battle these Idk if I will resume, I may. You should really consider lowering your consumption. This board is full of stim HR guides, I will edit this post after some motivation. Interesting, however nothing out of the ordinary-if your going to keep on it, you need to be nice to your self, and your self will return the favor