• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc curious about something

tjsway

Bluelighter
would cooking caffeine the same way as cocaine produce the same results? a solid rock of smokable freebase.

i would imagine it would be quite nasty, i cant imagine the taste smoked.
but is it a realistic concept?

you can freebase caffeine using other methods, i don't know if it'd be worthwhile or not but it's been done. try a google search lol

might be more fun to take a hit of caffeine from a pipe than your morning coffee lol the big question is, do the other alkaloids in coffee make for a better high when smoked? you can buy caffeine freebase but then you're missing some of the alkaloids in coffee that may make it a much better high.

if doing coffee enemas is effective, then smoking a freebase coffee extract may actually have some use.

caffeine is already a freebase, in most cases. it doesn't form salts as readily as other alkaloids do. (one notable exception is caffeine citrate used in some wierd corners of medicine) - caffeine hydrochloride will decompose to the freebase & HCl in solution (source: merck index)

why you would want to smoke caffeine is beyond me. it is extensively well absorbed orally. there have been commercial caffeine "inhalers" developed though. part of the trouble, as you said, is caffeine is quite bitter - so ostensibly these products have added flavour.

it is said in the fairy tales i read as a kid that heroin #3, which is the form for freebasing/smoking, is mixed 50/50 with caffeine as a cut (i have heard it's to make it easier to smoke.) so i guess you could smoke caffeine & related alkaloids, but theres no real good reason to.

alkaloids in coffee that may make it a much better high.

part of the psychoactivity of things like coffee, tea, yerba mate is probably due to the non volatile flavonoids/amino acids. certainly chlorogenic acid is said to be responsible for a lot of the protective f/x if coffee.

stick to consuming coffee & related beverages as they were meant. you might actually enjoy them that way.

Last edited:
i was reading a few reports of people making coffee extracts and vaporizing them, they seemed to enjoy it. And that couple who did coffee enemas really loved it, there's gotta be something more they get out of it than just drinking coffee by itself. Not that i'm going to start doing this, just wonder how it may differ. I don't think anyone is expecting a methamphetamine type high or anything but perhaps it's better than drinking coffee or taking gross caffeine pills.

The idea of smoking caffeine seems incredibly unpleasant.. You're not going to enjoy that. Ha.

let me be abundantly clear when i say I AM NOT GOING TO TRY THIS. lol

but i was cooking up my dope and noticed a bottle of nodoz, i would have tried to make it myself if i had more soda but my guy just gave me enough to cook what i had.

just general curiosity. thats all. i cant imagine a good use for it.
thanks for the answers, but back to my main question, would it form a solid (meltable) rock?

edit: probably a good thing buddy only gave me so much soda.. i was fiendin to that level of "what if i substitute.." so i would have attempted it at the time haha

caffeine base is water soluble, so you'd have a hard time forming "rocks" in aqueous solution

you could recrystallise it from boiling water though.

Sounds like a really great way to get a pretty bad panic attack. I've found that (personally) caffeine exacerbates my anxiety far more than cocaine or prescription amphetamines, even at high doses. Doubt it'd be very good for your lungs, either...

i was reading a few reports of people making coffee extracts and vaporizing them, they seemed to enjoy it. And that couple who did coffee enemas really loved it, there's gotta be something more they get out of it than just drinking coffee by itself. Not that i'm going to start doing this, just wonder how it may differ. I don't think anyone is expecting a methamphetamine type high or anything but perhaps it's better than drinking coffee or taking gross caffeine pills.

my apologies to the OP for being a bit off topic by responding to this...

there's lot's of great benefits. I've used coffee enemas many times. Gives me wicked bad cramps for a bit.
Benefits: http://www.naturalnews.com/038429_health_benefits_coffee_enema_detox.html