• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Odd problem--Visine and Hydrocodone mix

JohnnyTruant

Bluelighter
Strange issue here. I had a few HC10's in my pocket, along with a bottle of Visine. The Visine leaked and was absorbed by the pills. I pulled the gooey material out, and dried it, but have been hesitant to take it, because I have heard that Visine can make you sick. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Are the pills invaild? Is there a chance that they are safe to take, or will they make a person sick? Chemical reactions???

Thanks

JT

They're fucked. Visine can certainly make you ill, and can kill you in high enough doses. And it is a cns depressant. I wouldn't take em.

i do not know if it is true or just one of those 'urban myths'/ 'wife's tale' kind of deal...but i have heard that a few drops of visine will make you shit yourself uncontrollably...like literally shit yourself before can even make it to the restroom. again..do not know firsthand if true or not, but i have heard that from more than 1 person...as in a revenge kind of thing...put in a few drops of visine into someone's drink or whatever...and they will shit themselves (and who knows what other problems)

^ That's an urban legend. However the active ingridient in Visine can cause:

angerously low body temperature (hypothermia)
Blurred vision
Nausea and vomiting
Difficulty in breathing or even a complete halt in breathing
Elevating (hypertension) then dropping (hypotension) blood pressure
Possible coma
Seizures and tremors

Plus the compound is water soluble, so I would just throw those hydrocodone away.

Done, thanks for the confirmation(s) guys...There is a lot of misinformation about what visine does to the body, but none of it sounds good. I was hoping that maybe the binders neutralized whatever it was thats in visine that is so nasty to the homan body, but alas...it's not worth the risk

jt

I would advise against using Visine. its preserved with benzalkonium chloride, which is harmful to your corneas. (I have eye problems, so I take the eye drop issue very seriously!)