• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fellow iv users, need help..

bndxxo

Greenlighter
Ok so the person who taught me to use needles didn't teach me very much other than how to do it.. I mainly iv hydromorph contin, and once in a while I'll miss, today I couldn't find anywhere so I tried near spot I missed a couple days ago, When I was moving it around to flag it string of white shot up the barrel... Did missing cause me to get an infection??? please help!!

What the motherfuck?! I have never heard of this. There's an IV megathread in OD you should check out.

EDIT: Here

Yikes. Who knows, you could have pierced an abscess? Very strange. I'd definitely see a doctor about this, that cannot be good.

That's strange, pus maybe? I'd have that one checked out....I've never seen it either.

Yeah sounds like that miss of yours got infected and you should seriously go to the doctor asap or risk a real problem.

Was there any other signs on infection? Redness?, a bump?, did the site hurt before you injected? We need more information.

Yes I took it out right away and threw it out and just made myself up a new one and moved to a different spot. now that the bump from the miss has subsided there seems To be almost like a loose pouch of skin... It was tender and red for a couple days after I missed but has faded along with the bump now it's just hard...

Yikes. Who knows, you could have pierced an abscess? Very strange. I'd definitely see a doctor about this, that cannot be good.
what was the gauge of the needle you used? most insulin syringes dont have the diameter to suck puss?? but this is what i would think.. although did the whole syringe turn white or was it like a typical flasH?

if it was just a string of white that came back, like a little, sorry:\ worm, then it an infection and you will need to take the proper measures, hot compress to centralize the infection, this does not go away buy itself generally, so go see someone.. it usually just gets worse, and please use safe injection techniques, as you most likely acquired the infection from your own skin while the needle passed through, so please disinfect every injection site.

Last edited:
Another question... I'm from an extremely small town that doesn't have a needle exchange until a couple towns over, I was just wondering other than needle exchanges how can I get microfilters?i just learned about them from this site, cause I mainly do hydromorph contin, but with just regular filters I realize sometimes it looks foggy and powdery even after I filter it, so I normally filter it a couple times through new filters to clean it up as much as possible... Is that doing anything to improve the cleanliness of it or do I absolutely need micros?

It was like a string that shot in I didn't leave it in long enough to see if it would continue to fill, and it is I believe just 29 gauge, the pharmacy here only sells the one kind and only longs..:( which makes everything harder!

take your temperature, are your lymph nodes swollen, this would indicate an infection.. ? sounds to me like it is an infection...

If it's still cloudy, yeah you really need micron filters. You can find them online as either micron filters or syringe filters, I believe.

8623.jpg

I'm just scared to go to a doctor because I don't want to have it put on medical record "junkie"
I know that sounds rediculous when it's a health issue, but I'm only 19 years old and I've been doing this shit for 5 years and just like 6 months ago was when I started using needles and the idea of going to a doctor and letting him see my arms and stuff just scares the crap outta me and i have extremely small veins so there's only few spots I can properly hit so I have track marks... Is there any things other than doctor I can do??

Try applying hot compresses with a water bottle, as hot as you can stand, wrap it up in an ace bandage, and possibly take some antibiotics if you have any on hand. Which is the treatment you would receive from a doctor most likely, unless the abscess needed to be drained and/or packed.

Not swollen is indeed a good sign, as well as lack of heat at the site, no red streaks up and down your arms, etc. I doubt you'd get a fever anyway unless you had a systematic infection.

Ok I'll do that tonight than:) thank you so much, I just never was told much about what I was (in reality) getting myself into.. and I wasn't taught how to hit myself, the person did it a couple times for me than started expecting me to pay them everytime they did it for me lol so I pretty much had to remember how he did it and learn from my own mistakes..

I'm just scared to go to a doctor because I don't want to have it put on medical record "junkie"
I know that sounds rediculous when it's a health issue, but I'm only 19 years old and I've been doing this shit for 5 years and just like 6 months ago was when I started using needles and the idea of going to a doctor and letting him see my arms and stuff just scares the crap outta me and i have extremely small veins so there's only few spots I can properly hit so I have track marks... Is there any things other than doctor I can do??

That's what doctors are there for... do you want to risk loosing your arm? That's not even being that dramatic. Infections can get really serious if untreated.

Puss should always=doctor.